Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 52 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Donna, that is still great,  I never thought to measure myself

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 8:55 PM

Well, I lost total about 4 pounds.  Started off well, then went out to brunch with friends and company dinner that night.  Took a while to recover from that day.  The biggest problem now is my traveling out of town to work, 2 days with an overnight hotel stay.  I started that 2 weeks ago, and I didn't gain anything, but neither have I lost any additional weight.   Exercise?  not good at all.   But today I went for my walk.  About 35 minutes.  I need to do that at least 5 days a week.  February will be better.  My birthday is the 15th and I am going to make my favorite decadent cake. But I will find someone to leave it when I have had my piece.  

I may be eating out this month, if we travel over to see my daughter and sister.  I will take something to hand sew, so I can have something to occupy my hands rather than food.

The positive on all this is that I do feel healthier than when I started.  Moving in the right direction!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 11:38 PM

Patti:
The positive on all this is that I do feel healthier than when I started.  Moving in the right direction!

Good for you Patti!  Just remember little steps...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 12:10 AM

This is nice to have a modivational thread in here to healthier living. This is part of my new years resolution. I lost 40 pounds last year and want to continue this year. I know that is a small amount for a year but better steady and slow and keep it off. I have been lucky so far only small sit backs and just couple of those one or two pounds gained then next month back to where I was. I go to the doctor every month so I weigh in and keep my fitness pal posted.

I have started eating more healthy and I thought I ate healthy to begin with boy was I wrong. I eat more fruits and veggies now and have grown to love them. Yes I do fall and eat my chocolate it is a must here in my world. I am willing to give up some things for health but chocolate isn't one of them. I have learned to eat some different things this last year. Just last week I forced myself to eat kale I have to say its tasty. I would compare it to spinish....but we liked both here now. 

What kind of foods have you tried lately to help eat healthier?

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 7:46 AM

Rhonnie:
What kind of foods have you tried lately to help eat healthier?

Rhonnie, my son is a health food nut so I've also tried kale, swiss chard, kohlrabi, white/yellow beats, I love them all now.  The beats weather red or yellow are to die for roasted with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.  The greens are great in soups.  I've also never felt healthier eating mainly veggie's and fruits with some protein thrown in.  Very little bread, pasta, and rice but I find I really don't miss it, that's amazing for me because all of my life I've been a carb freak!  I made a soup yesterday called Tuscan Vegetable Soup from the foodnetwork.com website that was wonderful!  I  eliminated the thyme and added the spices I like and added a turkey sausage link to my bowl after I cooked it and I had to fight with myself not to take a second helping, it was that good!  

Congratulations on your 40 lb. loss last year, I think it's a lot, almost a lb. a week.  Slow and steady gets you there and keeps you there more than if you crash diet.  As for your chocolate, good for you for not giving it up totally, one fails if you give up what you love totally, you have to eat it sensibly is all, plan it and be happy with a small amount.  I have learned so much from this thread thanks to all who have joined in and those who are just cheerleaders.  We are all in this together everyone and I wish you success.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Rhonnie, i can honestly say i will eat any veggie, haven't found one i don't like yet.     My challenge i am working on is making myself eat,   I use to eat only 1 time aday,,  that is worse than over eating i believe.    through the week i do great because i work so i can keep myself on a eating schedule,   the weekends i tend to forget to eat.

I have also started cooking using alot of fresh herbs,  trying to cut back on my sodium.  I have been trying alot of new recipes that i have found to be delish, i get most of them from My Cooking Light magazine          

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 7:56 AM

Patti, congrats on your loss, a lb. a week means 52 lbs. by next year at this time, ain't bad in my book!  Take some fruit with you when you travel and ask for a take out tray, put half your meal in it and ask for a salad instead of french fries or baked potato.  I doubled on veggie's when I ate out last week.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 8:05 AM

Leslie :
the weekends i tend to forget to eat.

How does one do that????  I used to eat all day long, a grazer I guess.  Not a lot at one time but if you added it up at the end of the day I was into five years from now meals and I seriously thought I didn't eat a lot so how come I was putting all this weight on.  And to boot, it was mostly all carbs!  

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Rhonnie - That's awesome!  Congrats on the loss from last year and continuing on the journey to health this year!!  

What have I tried to keep me healthier?

Quinona.  I'm still not sold, however Campbell's has a chicken and quinona soup that is really good!  Maybe I'll grab the ingredients so I can make my chicken tortilla soup and add some quinona to it.....

I love kale (I add that to my soups as well - also baked with a little bit of olive oil and salt...delicioso!), spinach, and actually, other than eggplant, there really isn't any vegetable that I can think of that I don't like.  For me it isn't necessarily WHAT I eat.  I grew up in California in the Central Valley which happens to be the farming capitol of the United States, so fresh fruits and vegetables were always available and in plenty.  Add to that my dad always having a garden in the back yard for us to tend to and eat from, and I can safely say that if everything fell apart, I could readily run a small village successfully.  :)  

My issue is amount.  Over eating and secret eating were (and occasionally are) my vice.  I have chosen to fill whatever emptiness there may be with Christ instead.  Food still rocks, but I'm learning when I'm full and enough is enough.

I haven't weighed yet.  I had a week of eating processed food with lots of salt (drinking lots of water and staying within my calories), but I have been working out.  I'll weigh next week.  I'm feeling much better every day, so that's what I'm going for.  I really don't want to rely on the scale to feel good about myself and the work that I'm doing.  

I did pick up a pair of compression pants.  I have heard that they are great for extending your workouts by helping decrease muscle fatigue and helps in recovery .  I wore them yesterday and they totally do both things!!!  It's pretty awesome.  I now want like ten pairs!!

Anyway, I'm glad to catch up with you guys!  Gotta get my day started and hit the gym!  

Love and hugs to you all!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

LOL, Marie,   I just get busy, and i am also lazy when it comes to fixing myself something,  I only have this problem on the weekends,  because i work 8 hours aday through the week i am able to make myself stay on a eating shcedule,  but i am very lazy about it on the weekends,  but i did make myself eat a boiled egg a little bit ago.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 9:47 AM

Last year i lost weight and found I actually was eating more must've been the fruits and veggies that helped me cut the weight.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Hello everyone,   where are you all at?       Well it's a new work week for me,   Hate going to work, the only ggod thing about it is the money and it keeps me eating on schedule.

Hope everyone has a healthy day

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,505
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 6:43 AM

Hi everyone. Congratulations to everyone making an effort to be healthier this year.

this week I lost 2 pounds, mostly because I've been sick all weekend with a cold... But I'll take any loss. I just have to choose good for me foods.  For the same reason , my exercise schedule is in the dumps. -36 C today and I'm staying home from work and cozy in my quilts.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,505
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 7:11 AM

I have to say my eating habits have improved greatly this month. I love to eat. I ate when sad, lonely, stressed, basically any reason was a good reason to have food in my hand.  Since the beginning of January, I have kept track of what I eat on My Fitness Pal.  I now make better and wiser choices because I have to log them...lol. This week my energy was spent fighting this cold...I lost mostly I think that working so closely with sick students just got the best of me.

so this new week will be spent on getting healthy again, and focus on exercise...oh yeah and sewing of course! 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Angele - we are kindred spirits!!  Eating is something I have used to self-medicate deeper emotional issues as early as 6, but as I grew up, I learned through watching the women in my family eat at any occasion, so I learned to eat when I was happy, sad, mad, upset, excited, depressed, etc...etc...etc...

God has been taking me on a wonderful journey towards healing and a healthier idea on food.  I, too, log everything on MyFitnessPal!!  And, even after eating appallingly during the super bowl, I still eeked out a 1.5 lb loss!!  I have lost a total of 7 lbs for the month of January and I could not be more thrilled!  First four weeks down and I see changes in myself.  Will definitely put the saying I posted a while ago to the test in the next 4 weeks.  :)

Oh, and the February challenge against my co-workers of who can walk the most miles over 50 is ON!!  And I have already amassed 8.52 miles!!!  I can't tell them, but I'm excited about it!  After today I will have 1/5 of it done since I have a training scheduled with my trainer tonight!  

Love and hugs to you all!

Page 52 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use