Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 48 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 46 47 48 49 50 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 10:09 PM

I agree, I wouldn't want to post for everyone to see - except maybe losses. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Jeanine -  I hope you are on the mend.  It's no good feeling bad.  :(

Ginny - Thank you!  It took me a bit to work up to throwing it that far, but I really did like doing the weight women's work.  I lifted weights and that was at a time in my life where I was lean and could eat three dinners and not gain an ounce.  Oh to be able to do that again!

Marie - You are completely right.  I am my worst critic.  I just have to remind myself of how I feel when I eat poorly (rather, when I eat poorly and feel poorly, that is when I hate myself the most and it shows in my attitude towards myself).  I love that you are in my corner <3

Donna - I was looking at my myfitnesspal profile this morning and saw the gradual weight loss that I accomplished for the wrong reasons 2 years ago.  It wasn't sudden or over night.  There were big drops here and there, but that was due to watching what I was eating and torching calories at the gym.  I know I can do it, and I'm thankful that I am doing now for ME and no one else. :)

Kris - SOOO glad they are keeping individual weight private!!  As they should!  I encourage you to stick with it!  You have us as well as your teammates to encourage you!  When does the competition end?

Debbie - Great job on the loss!  That's the way to do it!  Slow and steady wins the race!!  My weekend was so busy that I didn't get outside much and missed the nice weather.  I'm hoping that the weather cooperates and I can let my son go crazy at the park after church on Sunday.  It would be nice to let him get some exercise outside as well!  And your doctor will DEFINITELY be pleased with you come Thursday!

~*~*~*~*~

WHEW!  I should catch up a bit more than once a day or once a week...  :)

As for me, I ate really well yesterday and my body is singing it's approval to me this morning.  I saw my trainer again and shot myself in the foot by telling her that, while I cannot currently do mountain climbers the normal way, I can do them at an incline.  I know she is cooking something up for me.  LOL

But I did arms again yesterday and they feel like noodles again today.  Nothing less expected!!  But she's awesome.  She just moved back from Spain (she and her husband played professional sports in Spain...how crazy is that?!?) and is looking for healthy activities around this area.  I told her about sand volleyball and she is now interested in playing!  I'll definitely have to get her out to the local volleyball club to play with my friends and I!!!

I weighed in this morning and lost another 2 lbs!!  This makes 6 lbs total!

Oops!  Gotta go!  Work is calling (leaving late! ooops!)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Jeanine -  I hope you are on the mend.  It's no good feeling bad.  :(

Ginny - Thank you!  It took me a bit to work up to throwing it that far, but I really did like doing the weight women's work.  I lifted weights and that was at a time in my life where I was lean and could eat three dinners and not gain an ounce.  Oh to be able to do that again!

Marie - You are completely right.  I am my worst critic.  I just have to remind myself of how I feel when I eat poorly (rather, when I eat poorly and feel poorly, that is when I hate myself the most and it shows in my attitude towards myself).  I love that you are in my corner <3

Donna - I was looking at my myfitnesspal profile this morning and saw the gradual weight loss that I accomplished for the wrong reasons 2 years ago.  It wasn't sudden or over night.  There were big drops here and there, but that was due to watching what I was eating and torching calories at the gym.  I know I can do it, and I'm thankful that I am doing now for ME and no one else. :)

Kris - SOOO glad they are keeping individual weight private!!  As they should!  I encourage you to stick with it!  You have us as well as your teammates to encourage you!  When does the competition end?

Debbie - Great job on the loss!  That's the way to do it!  Slow and steady wins the race!!  My weekend was so busy that I didn't get outside much and missed the nice weather.  I'm hoping that the weather cooperates and I can let my son go crazy at the park after church on Sunday.  It would be nice to let him get some exercise outside as well!  And your doctor will DEFINITELY be pleased with you come Thursday!

~*~*~*~*~

WHEW!  I should catch up a bit more than once a day or once a week...  :)

As for me, I ate really well yesterday and my body is singing it's approval to me this morning.  I saw my trainer again and shot myself in the foot by telling her that, while I cannot currently do mountain climbers the normal way, I can do them at an incline.  I know she is cooking something up for me.  LOL

But I did arms again yesterday and they feel like noodles again today.  Nothing less expected!!  But she's awesome.  She just moved back from Spain (she and her husband played professional sports in Spain...how crazy is that?!?) and is looking for healthy activities around this area.  I told her about sand volleyball and she is now interested in playing!  I'll definitely have to get her out to the local volleyball club to play with my friends and I!!!

I weighed in this morning and lost another 2 lbs!!  This makes 6 lbs total!

Oops!  Gotta go!  Work is calling (leaving late! ooops!)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 6:51 AM

Debbie, you are doing wonderful, your Dr will be doing a happy dance

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 6:53 AM

Brandy, wtg girl 6lbs.   we all  are weak at times, when i see a pork chop i lose control LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 6:54 AM

Well im off to work, ate my breakfast and have my healthy lunch packed and my trusty water bottle, see ya later, everyone have a healthy day

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 7:07 AM

WTG brandy! Another 2 pounds go e! This is great!  

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 2,678
Let's see January 22nd, is it too late to join? As a diabetic type 2 my kidney's are beginning to show the effects of the disease. The Dr.says I can reverse it if I lose the extra weight. Weight Watchers here I come!
MAKE EVERYDAY AN ADVENTURE!
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Harolyn :
Let's see January 22nd, is it too late to join? As a diabetic type 2 my kidney's are beginning to show the effects of the disease. The Dr.says I can reverse it if I lose the extra weight. Weight Watchers here I come!

Welcome Harolyn!  NEVER too late!!  You will find some amazingly supportive people here that will help pick you up and dust you off when you fall.  It is a wonderful community of quilt minded people who are doing their best day by day to take care of themselves as well!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,091
Points 24,565
Agnes replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:15 AM

Because of so many other factors in my life I have just been taking this whole thing rather slowly. Wonderful thing,that will bring only positive results, has happened. After timing my walk for one round of stairs and hallways I have been doing the equivalent right in the apartment. There is an hour long TV show at 4 PM that I love to watch, even if it is reruns. I have been spending more than half of this time doing stretches and walking on the spot.. Last night for the first time in a long time I didn't have something sweet to finish my meal and my evening snack was 3 graham wafer crackers and I felt very satisfied. This is more like the routine that I had between 5 and 8 years ago when I lost 50 lbs. This time I am only looking at getting rid of the 15 that came back. It's also a week since my prescription got cut in half and I am sure that is a large factor in this.

WAY TO GO to all that are getting healthier. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:28 AM

I'm still working on this, but have only been lurking on the site.  I keep up with the posts because they all come to my email.  I just haven't been so good about posting.  So...now I need to update everyone on my attempts.

Firstly, I haven't been eating too much.  My stomach hasn't been feeling too good, whether I eat or not, and I haven't been at all hungry, so I haven't been eating much at all.

My goal has been to cut out the fast food and heavy snacks.  Being on unemployment that doesn't cover the bills sure helps with that!  (On the upside there, I have a couple of really good prospects so I will hopefully be back working within the next couple of weeks.)

I didn't weigh myself last week because I was just feeling really down on myself for all sorts of reasons.  Just a snippet of depression sinking in and I let it happen.  I pulled myself out of it pretty quickly, but still...

Anyway, I weighed myself this morning and was down 11# since the 1st!  I am SOOOOO excited!    Now, if I can only stick to this, I'll be where I want to be by the end of the year.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:34 AM

Agnes:
I have been spending more than half of this time doing stretches and walking on the spot.. Last night for the first time in a long time I didn't have something sweet to finish my meal and my evening snack was 3 graham wafer crackers and I felt very satisfied. This is more like the routine that I had between 5 and 8 years ago when I lost 50 lbs. This time I am only looking at getting rid of the 15 that came back. It's also a week since my prescription got cut in half and I am sure that is a large factor in this.

Oh Agnes, this is a huge leap for you!  Congratulations!  

Your walking in place during your show is a great idea.  I know one lady who was doing chair sit-ups during commercials on her favorite show for awhile and commented that you really realize how very long those commercials are...lol!

I also use graham crackers for a low sugar treat!  They are great!!!

Brandy, you hang in there.  Things are going in the right direction for you now, just keep moving forward one day at a time!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 5:02 PM

Susie, wow 11 pounds, that is wonderful! As you know living in northern countries, January is difficult because of cold and lack of sunshine.  With our cold snap though, the great thing is that we see the sun shining bright and crisp! That brings me up as I think the lack of sunshine really affects me.

i hope your stomach will feel better soon and that. You will continue  progressing towards your goal.  Come over and chat. We are good to cheer you up!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,020
Points 169,518
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 5:47 PM

Susie:
I didn't weigh myself last week because I was just feeling really down on myself for all sorts of reasons.  Just a snippet of depression sinking in and I let it happen.  I pulled myself out of it pretty quickly,

Susie:
Anyway, I weighed myself this morning and was down 11# since the 1st

Susie, congrats on both counts!  I know what winter depression is but for some reason this year it hasn't hit me.  I'm ready for it if it does come, I know what I must do to avert it.  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 6:29 PM

Agnes, you go girl

[Ava, Missouri

Page 48 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 46 47 48 49 50 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use