Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 47 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Angele - I had no idea they had walking half marathons!  Thank you so much for that bit of info!  Now I have to find one!  I have only Ellipticalled a 10k (6.2 miles), but I *believe* I could walk a half marathon (13.1).  Hmmm...

Kris - I COMPLETELY understand your hesitation to continue as a team member considering they will be posting in the cafeteria.  I would be hesitant as well, however hopefully they will be a bit more tasteful than to say "Sally Seashore started at 540 pounds and lost 10 pounds!"  Hopefully they will use percentages and leave the actual amount anyone weighs a mystery.  I think it is clever of them to do something like that - challenging people on staff to participate in a Biggest Loser Challenge.  Should be interesting!!  Keep up posted!

Jeanine - I hope you are feeling better!  Your weight is 75% what you eat and 25% exercise.  I can exercise until I can't walk, but if I am eating junk all the time, I won't see any results.  

Wendy - I did track in high school as well!  I was on the weight women's team - shot and disc.  It was awesome!  I didn't do much running, but I could throw a 12 lb. ball 35 feet!  Great job on the slow and consistent loss!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So yesterday I decided to eat whatever I fancied.  That was a big mistake.  Went to the movies and had popcorn and candy and lemonaide (skipped the soda - for some reason I couldn't convince myself to get it).  Ate at On The Border (fried food), had pastries at church....

Let's just say that I was feeling really great about myself on Saturday after a week of eating healthily and I felt like complete crap yesterday and will continue to feel that same way today until I clean up my food habits.  :(  

Oh well, just me learning my lesson.  My body thrives on good, healthy food.  When I eat junk, I feel like junk.  I don't want to feel like junk and I actually do like healthy food.

On YouVersion (Bible app), they have a "Made to Crave" study that I started yesterday.  Today's devotion was about how the author was replacing God with food.  I have replaced God with food and being lazy.  I'm quickly changing that.  :)

Today I have another session with the trainer.  I'm sure we will do arms again and I'm sure I'll be a whiney baby afterwards, but, really, I push myself because I know I will only get out of it what I put into it...same with food.

Love and hugs to you all!

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 9:05 AM

I made it to work today but still am not feeling good.  Gained a half pound which I am ok with.  Not moving and eating whatever sounds good regardless of calories is how I have survived the week.  I did get some quilting done this weekend but nothing that took a lot of effort.  No longarming...  I am just going to take it easy this week and not put a lot of expectations on me.  Thanks for all the well-wishes.  Hope everyone has a great week.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 9:08 AM

Brandy,  I am always enjoying your notes on how you are working towards a better body and a better life.  Actually, I am in awe of some of the things you accomplish.  For instance , throwing a 12 lb. ball 35 ft. , I an't do that, but I can roll a 13 lb ball the length of a bowling lane.  oes that count?   LOL  Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 10:09 AM

Kris, good luck to you and your team.  I know what you mean about posting in a public place.  You should tell them you don't like that and maybe they'll change their minds on that, maybe just post a team total. 

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 10:23 AM

Brandy, so one day out of a whole week, don't beat yourself up just get back on the plan and forget yesterday, it's gone.  Look what you've learned about the bad day you had, that's a plus, eat junk and feel like junk, eat well and feel great.  I know you want to feel great all the time and I know you can do it. I'm in your corner.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 11:20 AM

Kris:
I think we get points based on percentage of weight lost by the team and results are posted in the cafeteria (part of why I want to back out).

Are they posting the "teams" weight loss results or the individuals?  If it's the team, don't sweat it...but if it's by person, I would have reservations too...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 11:22 AM

Jeanine:
I made it to work today but still am not feeling good. 

Jeanine, I totally understand where you are at.  I have been battling a bug since the first of the month too...and have had ups and downs (mostly ups) with my weight too.  But I am starting to feel better and things are improving finally, so hang in there.    You should be feeling better soon...

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 11:26 AM

Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom):
I push myself because I know I will only get out of it what I put into it...same with food.

Brandy, you know the answers for yourself...you just said them.  And, we are here to repeat them back to you...LOL!  Give yourself a break and move on toward your goal...we all know you can do it and so do YOU!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 2:39 PM

Donna B:
Are they posting the "teams" weight loss results or the individuals?  If it's the team, don't sweat it...but if it's by person, I would have reservations too...

Donna,

I found out today it's the team weight they'll post. Individual weight is kept private but, at the end of the challenge, the person with the greatest weight loss wins the individual prize - a mountain bike.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,541
Points 25,935
Debbie replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 4:03 PM

Brandy - what a great idea - replace food with God!  way to go, girl!

I actually have had a good weekend, weighed myself this morning and came in a 181 - down 10.5 lbs so far!!  YES!!!  my pants were really sagging and had to use the inside button to fasten them. 

It was in the 60s both Sat and Sun so we took the dogs for a walk in the park next to our house, did .75 of a mile both times.  and I have stuck to my diet, more fruits and veggies and less suger is working.  still need to get on treadmill today, not very warm here, cold front came in. 

I think my doctor will be pleased when I see him on Thur.  Hope to be down more than 10 lbs so I can get a cert from him and I earn 20 pts at work on the Lite-n-Up Challenge.  Good, cause I'm going to need to buy new pants in a smaller size!!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,541
Points 25,935
Debbie replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 4:05 PM

Jeanine - hope you are feeling better real soon. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 4:56 PM

Kris:

Donna,

I found out today it's the team weight they'll post. Individual weight is kept private but, at the end of the challenge, the person with the greatest weight loss wins the individual prize - a mountain bike.

Woo Hoo, go for it girl!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,490
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 9:27 PM

WTG Kris! This is a great incentive to work towards better health.  The mountain bike would be great!   It nice to be able to share with the members of a team your ups and downs.  Best of luck in your challenge!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,490
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 9:40 PM

Brandy, you are so quick to encourage others, why are you so hard on yourself? Yesterday was just a bad day. Now, this is a new week, a new commitment.  You will do great as you have the best reason in the world to be healthy...your son. Stay strong, keep faith.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,541
Points 25,935
Debbie replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 10:08 PM

Kris -

I think we get points based on percentage of weight lost by the team and results are posted in the cafeteria (part of why I want to back out).
we are doing something similiar to this and get cash (up to $350 possible) for losing 1 lb a week.  Luckily, we are at 19 different locations so not able to post results, actually on honor system - we post online for ourselves in our own portal. 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 47 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use