Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 46 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 44 45 46 47 48 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Leslie, Donna, Patti, Ginny, Debbie, Marie - and anyone else I missed- THANK YOU for the kind words of encouragement! I have actually saved the emails so that when I am feeling down, I can re read them. 

My trainer is amazing. She saw me last year when I was not quite to my lowest emotional point and she is seeing a completely different side of me now. I am pushing harder, more committed, and loads more consistent. I have been reading about lifting heavy and I am glad I started. I lifted heavy in high school when I was on the track team and I was in excellent condition. I did run a ton when I was in my early 20's and felt fantastic. The only negative behind those times in my life is that  I was so insecure about myself that I did it for everyone else and not myself. 

Now I love who I am inside, and I m working on the outside. Ultimately I am doing this to honor God with the temple He gave me. I LOVE playing sand volleyball and there is a place here that is very secular and I want to reach people there. I am good at playing, it is just my weight holding me back. 

I am thankful that I am n this journey with some pretty special and amazing people ( if you are reading this, then that includes you )

love and hugs ~ Brandy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:48 AM

Angele:
I'm curious, do you or did you run shorter distances before? What gave you the desire to run a half?

I ran track in High school and college. I was a distance runner I ran the 880, Mile, two mile and the 880 leg of the mile medley.  I am not running the half marathon though. I can't run anymore. I am walking it. up until I had knee surgery  two years ago, I was walking 4.5 miles a day. Just trying to get back into the swing of things again. and loos this d--b weight.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:57 AM

So, Wendy.  That would take about 4 hours going at a fairly good clip?  Unless you are speed walking and that would take even less. Speed walking has never felt comfortable to me. 

When I used to do a lot of back county hiking, my rate with pack and all was about 3 miles per hour.  And I kept at that rate whether it was uphill or downhill.  Sure can't do that now.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:05 AM

The women that have done this before, have been doing it in four  to five hours.  My goal will be about 3.5.  I weigh much less than most of the women participating, and have less health problems.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:07 AM

Patti:
my rate with pack and all was about 3 miles per hour

Patti, 

When I was walking two years ago, I walked the 4.5 miles in an hour and a half.  I should be able to at least do it in 4 or 4.5 hours. yesterdays short walk was a 30 minute mile. I will be traveling down hill the entire way.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 10:35 AM

I have been flat on my back sick for 5 days so I have no idea what my weight is.  I was doing so good.  I am hoping to go back to work tomorrow and need to get my head back in the weight loss thing. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,752
Points 38,885
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 10:45 AM

Jeanine I hope your feeling better real soon I've missed your posts.

Whenever I see this post come up " Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living" I think its insurance Company checking what I'm eating.  Maybe I gave everyone a laugh with that thought.  

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 10:54 AM

Jeanine, hope you start feeling better

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 5:17 PM

Found a great recipe, in a cooking light mag.   Corn and Bacon chowder with shrimp,  made it very good.   It is 8 points on WW for 1 and 2/3 cups

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,825
Points 366,017
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:48 PM

I missed quite a bit in last week. I'm not going to try to catch up. 

I joined the hospital's "Biggest Loser Challenge" with 13 of my co-workers this past week. Different departments have formed teams. I'm having second thoughts thinking I might let my team down as I've never been a "dieter". We start tomorrow and have to weigh in on Wednesdays. I'll do that at work since I don't own a scale. Wish us luck. I'll let you all know how we're doing.

I think we get points based on percentage of weight lost by the team and results are posted in the cafeteria (part of why I want to back out).

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:02 PM

Kris, best of luck to you and your team.  But im with you i don't think i would like the results posted either

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:44 PM

Hi Wendy, that is something I would like to train for, a walking half marathon.  This is a wonderful opportunity for you. how often do you walk? I usually walk at about a 4mph speed as my knees are giving me grief!  I too know that I need to lose this extra weight.  I think my fear of failing is holding me back... I am tracking my food with my fitness Pal, now I need to get my exercise plan in place.  Tomorrow is my weigh in day. So far I think I am keeping my own but we will see that in the morning.  I realized  that I need to visit here more often. Reading your success, your struggles helps me see that I'm not alone dealing with this weight issue.

Seeing you all is helping me focus on my weekly goal.  So for next week, my goal is to be more consistent I'm my exercise routine. Have a good week 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,825
Points 366,017
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 12:31 AM

Leslie :

Kris, best of luck to you and your team.  But im with you i don't think i would like the results posted either

Thanks Leslie.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 6:58 AM

Weigh in this am.  I lost another pound.  This is a total of four pounds in three weeks.  I can do this!! So now this week, I need to be more consistent in my exercise! I know this will help.  After school last week I was drained...so many things happened.  Now this is a new week, new plan.

to all, have a good healthy week.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 8:15 AM

Angele:
how often do you walk?

We will be walking twice a week as a group. I will walk three to 4 times a week.  This week, on Wed, we will get our I.D. card to use the gym on campus. can't do much until then.  One of the walking days is on Tuesday. This is the same night we have quilting so we will meet early for quilting and walk at the church.

Jeanine,  I hope that you are feeling much better today.

Kris: WTG  Don't feel too bad about the posting. When we have weight loss challenges at work, they put the weekly results in the district e mail for the whole district to see. 

Page 46 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 44 45 46 47 48 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use