Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 43 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,598
Points 26,880
Debbie replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 7:05 PM

Thanks, Marie!  It is a great incentive.  didn't get on treadmill last night but did 20 minutes this morning (Thur I work 12-9 p.m.)  sure wish we would get some warmer weather in the evenings so I could take the dogs and go out behind our house to the park.  There's a walking sidewalk aound it and that would be good.  Just 30 degrees is not warm enough in the evenings.  I'm very susceptible to larnygitis with late nite air. 

Still eating more fruits and veggies, sticking to a 1200 calorie diet, and pushing water so I'm bound to lose. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 7:18 PM

Marie:

Donna, what an inspiration Mary is to me.  Think I can push that walk up from 6 min. to 10 now.  I'm sure going to try.

Good for you Marie, but remember to increase your time slowly.  

How long have you been doing 6 minutes every day?  If its been a week or longer and you're feeling good after your walk, then you are ready to move it up to 8 or 10 minutes...your choice.  Then do that time consistently for at least another week before you bump it up again.  But, if you are currently exhausted after the 6 minutes, I would suggest waiting another week before you increase the time...just keep doing the 6 minutes every day until your body says you are ready to bump it up.  

Remember, we don't all dance to the same drummer...and sometimes slow and steady wins the race!

BTW, how are the balance exercises going?

Mary would tell you..."Don't you dare try to run up that hill - you will get there faster walking!"

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 8:09 PM

wow, some good role models and progress.  Weigh in tomorrow.  My eating has been good, but I need the exercise.  I need to be much more consistent with that.  Because of the recent cataract surgery I am not to do anything strenuous, but there should be no problem with walking.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,598
Points 26,880
Debbie replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 6:59 AM

LoYahoo!!  decided to weigh myself this morning and I'm down to 183.5, that 8.5 lbs lost so far.  I feel good!!  Yes, I can do this.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:01 AM

WOOOHOOOOO Debbie, wtg

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,598
Points 26,880
Debbie replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:05 AM

Thanks, Leslie..  feels so good to lose but 33.5 more to go.  Baby steps, I know.  Take losses when you get th and keep on keeping on!

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

I have starded to read this board and would like to say that all of you are doing great things for yourself! I am not prepared to join you all right now becasue of my life situation right now. I need to lose 50 pounds and get back to exercising. My doctor tells me to lose weight and exercise more everytime I see him. I know it will improve my quality of life. I am currently staying with my best friend. she has terminal liver cancer and probably has less than a week to live. She is at home with Hospice care. At this point Hospice is not here a lot. So her DIL and I are on duty. My friend is one of the sweetest, nicest ladies you would ever meet. She is probably about 5 feet tall and I am guessing weighs close to 300 pounds. Everything we have to do for her is made more difficult because of her weight.  This morning when we put her on the potty chair she was able to help us a little.But, there is a significant loss of strenght from yesterday.. i don't know if we will be able to get her out of the bed the next time. i don't regret being here, but this experience has made it more urgent to me to lose this weight. I never really thought about weight loss from this point of view and I don't mean to be morbid, I just wanted to share this experience with you all and perhaps give you another reason to pass on that _________________. Fill int the blank with your biggest temptation. Hope all of you have a wonderful, healthful day.

fill the

• | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 13,335
Michelle replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:18 AM

Yeah, for better eating habits this week. Several times we ate out, but more fresh veggies with the meals and another 2 lbs down. Exercise not as much this week as I'm helping my son move but at least going up and down te 3 flights of stairs was some exercise. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 13,335
Michelle replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:25 AM

Pat, so very sorry that your friend is having to suffer like this. She has a wonderful friend in you, to be there for her In her last days and moments. Our prayers are for her and you while dealing with this. May she have peace and no suffering in these last days. You may use this as a way to be healthy in the coming days as a tribute to her and her love for you. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:26 AM

Pat,  All I can say at this moment is bless you for being able to help your friend.  My daughter went throuh this very thing with her SO.  It got to the point that he could not get up to the commode and she didn't have the ability to get him u so she put pads under him and told him it was okay for him to go right in bed and she would clean it up.  Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.  I am glad though that it has given you an incentive to lose weight after this. I will say a prayer for you and your friend and her DIL. for the strength and grace to get through this period.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:29 AM

Pat, we will love to have you join us.    I am very sorry about your friend, it is a wonderful thing you are doing for her.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 8:35 AM

Pat, very sorry about your friend. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 10:40 AM

Pat

So very sorry to hear about your friend.  I hope her passing is peaceful.   Big hugs for you and her and her family.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 12:28 PM

Debbie:
that 8.5 lbs lost so far.  I feel good!!

Way to go Debbie!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 12:43 PM

Pat, so sorry for your friends suffering and bless you for being the true friend that you are.

Winthrop, WA

Page 43 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use