Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 40 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 38 39 40 41 42 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 2:41 PM

This week, like I said to Karla, I didn't get my 6 min. walk in more than once.  I plan on doing better this week.  I did lose another 2.3 lbs . for a total of 5.4, feels good.  Like Jeanine said, "Now I can put my jeans on and breath at the same time".

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 5:15 PM

Thanks Marie! Its great to see how you cheer everyone.  You're GRRREAT!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 5:40 PM

Star you're doing good. As long as there is progress, that you are feeling better, you are doing good. One step, one day at a time is all each of us can do.  This week will be good.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 6:37 PM

Angele, thank you,sweet of you to say.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 7:53 PM

OK, haven't checked in in awhile and thought I should update.  Had gotten down to 184 last week but then life came along and I ended up weighing twice today (this morning at home, without clothes, weighed 188 but this afternoon at the official weigh-in for work [Lite-n-up Challenge] I weighed in at 190.8, fully clothed.) So now, I know where I'm coming from.  Challenge at work requires one lb lost a week and record cardio and food online.  Possible $175+ money I can win, some is just by doing all the steps and (possible $175, also) others get put in a pot and hopefully name gets drawn.  Might as well get paid to do what I need to do anyway. $$ would pay for new clothes. 

I am up to 25 minutes on the treadmill, trying to get to 30 min a day. At least I am getting on it every night and I think it may have helped me sleep better last night.  Went to bed at 12:00 and slept till almost 5:00.  beats the going to bed at 10:00 and waking up at 12:30, 2:30 and 4:30.  I'm feeling better, anyway.

More as it happens! 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 8:01 PM

think I have the weekdays figured out but, the weekend is trouble. Saturday we had to some running around and didn't want to eat unhealthy so we ended up not eating enough. Sunday we had to some more running around and just gave up and completely ate the wrong things. I don't know how I am going to do it but, I need to figure out a healthy routine for us on the weekends. The problem is that we get off work at noon on Saturday and are back at work on Monday morning. So, any running around we need to do has to fit in during that time. We live far enough away from anything that doing any running around during the week is all but impossible. Any ideas on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated. :)

Kelli - is it possible to pack up snacks for when you are out running around - fruit, protein bars, veggies - all these would be healthy.  I know that was a suggestion made in a seminar I went to today and what I've been trying to do.  Special K has chips and different bars out that might be handy to keep around. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 8:33 PM

Great job everyone, you all  keep me motivated

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:00 PM

Well, I gained some of what I lost.  Saturday went out to eat with friends twice in one day.  The second time I took a doggy bag home to my DH.  When he was gone from Tues-Friday, I did not eat much, but then I ate what was quick without having to do much, which wasn't the right foods. 

So this week, I will do better.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:02 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I passed my physical with flying colors!!! Blood pressure is back down to normal. 114 over 79!!!!!  Doc. says that my sugar levels are such that I will most likely never develop diabetes.

The doc signed my release form to be able to start training for the half marathon in May.  We have our first intro meeting Wed. night and training starts the next Wed. I think that is the  23rd.

I am so excited to be part of Women in motion.  If you would like more information on this program, and what I am doing just google women in motion. or follow the link.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:09 PM

Congratulations Wendy!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,259
Points 28,485
Agnes replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 10:51 PM

I am not ready to report weight loss,gains or anything in that arena. I'm still dealing with emotional battles from hubby passing away. As long as I can get more active, and that part is coming, things will fall into place in due time. I am more aware of what and why I am eating but some nights in order to fall asleep I have to have a snack. I try to keep it at  a minimum but am not always able to.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 11:30 PM

Agnes, all things will come in their own good time.  Just being more aware is a big step for you right now.  Just take care of yourself, and the rest will follow.

So many of you are having great results...just keep it up!  

For those of you struggling (like me), we will succeed... we just need to hang in there!  It will come!!!  We will have our day!

I am certainly not doing as well with this as I had hoped.  But, I am blaming it on the head cold (now a full blown sinus infection) that I have been battling since the first of the month/year.  It has really interfered with my exercise and with my eating plans.  Now that I am on antibiotics, I am hoping to finally conquer this, chase the bugs away, and make some progress toward my goals.  

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Hey everyone!  So this week I started my period and so I am not going to weigh in.  I'm behaving myself food-wise and exercise wise!  I saw my trainer today for the first time in three months (have not lifted weights during that time) and I actually challenged myself more than she did!  She's awesome and sweet and understands my limitations (bone spurs and tendinitis in my right knee), but she underestimates my arm strength.  I like surprising people.

I have also been doing a LOT of cardio.  Since quitting smoking one year ago as of two Satruday's ago now, I can go and go and go on the elliptical if I have something to keep me entertained (like my iPad).  I ended up doing a 10k (6.2 miles) on Friday afternoon and then later I went swimming for half an hour.  :)   I feel like God has really just pushed me from being a Judas to being a Peter.  This was only after being confronted with the fact that I react as an all or nothing to most situations.

So I'm doing well and I see so much support from everyone to everyone else and it is so inspiring!  The next two months of my life are going to be super busy with training two days a week, gym 6 days a week, small group one day a week and FPU one day a week.  Seriously the only evening that isn't overtaken completely by something is Thursday.  I look forward to Thursdays.  <3

Love and hugs to you all!  Brandy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 7:03 AM

Debbie for me just the fact that I am making myself keep track of every bite I take makes me think of what I put in my mouth.  It's not always the better choices, but mostly good choices I can live with. And I think this is the important part, making choices you can live with.  Also remember each day is a new beginning.  Best of luck. I like the

$$ incentive. Sometimes it's the kick in the pants to figure things out.

wendy congratulations on a good physical. Wow a half marathon, that is quite something.  I'm curious, do you or did you run shorter distances before? What gave you the desire to run a half? My BFF runs and says its the best high e er.  When she began it was tough, mainly because each time she lost some weight they had to readjust her thyroid meds. Her last big run was the Disney marathon which she did with her daughter. Such amazing memories.  I will try to keep up with what you do. I hope you will keep us posted on your progress.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 7:17 AM

Agnes my neighbor has been dealing with the loss of her DH for two years now.  Being able to talk to someone in the beginning saying I'm having a bad day, or even calling to go out for a walk when she couldn't stand being alone in the house, has helped her get out of her sadness.  She is a very active person and still takes care of their house and yard, mostly by herself.  I think you too are a very strong person you will find some ways to let the sadness go but keep the memory and love alive.  I made my friend a rag quilt with her DH jeans and shirts.  When she is down, she sits in his chair and wrap herself in the quilt. That also helps.

remember that our days are getting longer. The sun will soon be here longer and stronger. That too will help.  Big quilty ((((hugs)))) going your way.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Page 40 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 38 39 40 41 42 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use