Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 39 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,425
Points 72,070
Karla replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 10:57 PM

I've been doing lousy with the weight loss challenge and lifestyle changes...but I'm going to get better.  All of the traveling for DH's dental work and the past holidays have taken their toll.  Too much fast food while traveling and too many goodies during the holidays and my craving for chocolate will just not go away.  But, alas, almost everything is out of the house now and I think our traveling for dental work is done, at least I hope it is.  I've got to make some healthy changes starting right now.

The temps have been too cold to get any outside exercise.  If it would snow, I could shovel it, but so far just a few light dustings that have melted off before noon, except in the rocks out front.  Our high temp today was 26, our low was 8....brrrr....had to have the furnace repaired last week.  It would run just great during the day, but when the sun went down and the temps dropped, it would quit working.  Repairman said it had something to do with the difference in pressure at night.  He got it working great after replacing a faulty pressure switch and a second trip back to make some adjustment on it.  

This has been a very expensive month for me with DH's dental work (about $1500 so far), furnace repair, property taxes, and deposits on the two retreats I plan on attending this year.  I'll have to scrimp the rest of the month, but hopefully it will be worth it.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 12:38 AM

Karla

I know without a doubt that the retreats will be worth it.   Sorry about all the other expenses though.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 6:38 AM

I weighed in this morning and I weighed 227.6 lbs. That is down 3 lbs. from last week. YAY!!!

I think I have the weekdays figured out but, the weekend is trouble. Saturday we had to some running around and didn't want to eat unhealthy so we ended up not eating enough. Sunday we had to some more running around and just gave up and completely ate the wrong things. I don't know how I am going to do it but, I need to figure out a healthy routine for us on the weekends. The problem is that we get off work at noon on Saturday and are back at work on Monday morning. So, any running around we need to do has to fit in during that time. We live far enough away from anything that doing any running around during the week is all but impossible. Any ideas on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated. :)

Overall, last week was a good week. This week I want to be a little more active than last.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 6:53 AM

Karla, yes you've had a very busy stressful month. So today is Fay1 of your healthy changes.  I too have a severe weakness for chocolate. So far I'm managing ok.  I'm sure this week will be better for you. Good luck!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 6:54 AM

I  have lost 1 more pound this week. I think that as long as I will keep track of what I eat and be accountable for the amount of exercise I do, I will slowly get there.  At least it's my goal.  The days are slowly getting longer. Soon I'll be able to walk outside when I get home...no more excuses. I need to get some YakTraks to walk on ice. Mine are broken.

this week's goal... Eat more vegetables.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 7:11 AM

Agnes:

Donna B--It is not a wide known fact even to Canadians but is on the form when you apply for the pension.

Agnes, you're right. I had forgotten about that! My sister just filed for CPP and was nicely surprised to see the increase on pension.thanks for reminding me.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 8:22 AM

Here's to a new week!  I have stayed the same for several days but total weight loss still at 4.8 pounds down.  Since I had my monthly quilt day on Saturday where there is always lots of food and my mom came up from KC with her homemade banana bread, staying the same is a great thing!  Hope to get back to the routine I had started and know out another pound this week!

Good luck everyone.  Stay focused on your goal.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 8:29 AM

Good morning,

All of you have inspired me to start my Low Carb - healthy eating diet.  After reading the article that was posted (forgot who) I have decided to give Atkins one more try.  I truly feel better when I restrict my carbs, even my arthritis is better.  I just want to make sure my protein choices are more on the healthier side.  Long time ago I got carried away with all the bacon and sausage, but I kept loosing weight.  I intend to eat more poultry and fish and limit red meats to 2 times a week.

Wish me luck!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 10:05 AM

Love the new name for the group, lifestyle changes for healthier living, that about sums up all our efforts and goals. Good article Patti, makes you think.

I am finally showing a small loss this week, -1.8 lbs from last week, and -1.2 total. Baby steps! I know that is probably normal weight fluctuation. I need to just back off and only weigh once a month, but probably won't.

Congratulations to all those making positive changes in your lives, whether that change is reflected on the scale or not.

It's my day off and I'm heading out for a long overdue pedicure and some errands. Have a good day/week everyone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,708
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 2:12 PM

Karla, don't lose the faith, you can do it and I know you will.  I didn't do well with my 6 min. walk around the house last week but I did do it once.  One more time than usual.  I plan to at least do it twice this week or more if I can.  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,708
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 2:19 PM

Kelli:
That is down 3 lbs. from last week. YAY!

YAY!!! Kelli, you did good in spite of your weekend, keep up the good work.

Kelli:
Any ideas on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated

Always take a snack with you when you're running errands such as a piece of fruit or even two that will tide you over until you get home and also try having something ready for you when you get home.  Maybe some leftovers from a previous evening.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,708
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 2:22 PM

Good job on your 1 lb. loss, Angele.  I love your determination and know you'll make all of your goals.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,708
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 2:27 PM

Jeanine:
staying the same is a great thing

You bet it is, Jeanine, good for you.  I know what Mom's homemade banana bread is all about, my DMIL made a killer one, too too good.

I'll add my good wishes to yours and say "Good luck everyone", think positive thoughts and keep that goal in mind.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,708
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 2:31 PM

Annie:
Wish me luck!

Good luck Annie, the thought of your arthritis feeling better will do it for you.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,708
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 2:37 PM

Star:
small loss this week, -1.8 lbs

Not so small, Star, good for you, keep up the good work.

Star:
Congratulations to all those making positive changes in your lives, whether that change is reflected on the scale or not.

This is so true, Star, thanks for writing it down here.

Millbury, MA

Page 39 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use