Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 36 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 11:55 PM

If anyone is interested, I posted some recipes on my blog that I like to cook when I am eating healthy. They are as healthy as I could make them without sacrificing taste. Enjoy.

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/blogs/sabrinamc35983/archive/2013/01/10/healthy-recipes-for-2013.aspx

The recipes are posted as files, and you'll have to download them to your computer to see them. They are saved on my computer and not posted online, so that was the only way I could come up with to share them all.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:11 AM

Leslie :

Did my weigh in this morn.  very happy to say I have lost 4.7lbs.

Yay Leslie.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:12 AM

Debbie:
I'm going to set weight issue aside for today and think about it tomorrow.  Can't have anything to eat after 8:30 so won't be having lunch.  Please keep me in your prayers!  Thanks. 

Reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara.

Prayers going up for you Debbie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:14 AM

Marie:
Q, thanks for being our cheerleader but we want you making good habits with us, just one change, you choose and jump right in.  This thread is called "Weight loss"challenge"  but should be called "Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living", not just weight loss.

Well said Marie. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 4:34 AM

Kris:

Marie:
Q, thanks for being our cheerleader but we want you making good habits with us, just one change, you choose and jump right in.  This thread is called "Weight loss"challenge"  but should be called "Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living", not just weight loss.

Well said Marie. 

I thought so too!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 7:26 AM

Whoo hoo Leslie! Feels good doesn't it?

after 4weeks of determination.... I lost 1lb......... I am happy as a lark!  One down fourteen to go. :)

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 7:27 AM

Thank you Sabrina will be trying these for sure!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 7:39 AM

I am starting day 5 of 6 small meals a day and, it seems to be working well. If I start to get hungry I know I'm never far from a meal. It helps that my DH is playing along. :) We eat at 6,9,12,3,6,7:30 or 8. I have lost weight but, I am holding off reporting until my weigh in day on Monday. It will motivate me to stay with through the weekend. We have a Sunday dinner every week with my kids. I have picked a menu for this week that they can enjoy but, will be within my Weight Watchers point for me. I guess that means I have about 17 more days until its a habit. :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 8:04 AM

Kris:
Well said Marie. 

Thanks Kris.

Thanks Patti.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 8:12 AM

I need help!

Since November, I have fallen off the wagon.  I joined WW (again) last Spring and had lost  about 25 lbs.  But over the holidays I have put on 10.  The part I need help with is my motivation.  I can't seem to last the entire day on WW counting points etc.  I have to clear out my pantry and get to the market for some healthy foods.  My latest excuse is that I am coming down with a mild case of the flu, at least I hope it remains mild.  

Anyone have some advice on how to get re-motivated  again?!?!?!?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 8:49 AM

Annie:

I need help!

Since November, I have fallen off the wagon.  I joined WW (again) last Spring and had lost  about 25 lbs.  But over the holidays I have put on 10.  The part I need help with is my motivation.  I can't seem to last the entire day on WW counting points etc.  I have to clear out my pantry and get to the market for some healthy foods.  My latest excuse is that I am coming down with a mild case of the flu, at least I hope it remains mild.  

Anyone have some advice on how to get re-motivated  again?!?!?!?

I have been telling myself 1 day at a time. Today, I will meet my goals (1. stay in my points , 2.track all of the food I eat 3. drink plenty of water 4. do an activiy). If I mess up I start over the next day. I have been stepping on the scale everyday just to see if it is working. When I see a loss it invigorates me and encourages me to keep on going. I try to set myself up for success by planning my meals and snacks. I don't deprive myself of things I love (chocolate). I have a bag of chocolates on my desk. I allow myself 1 a day. It is 1 point a piece for this chocolate and it is enough to keep me happy. I have set myself several goals ... my daily, to get under 220lbs and a long term to lose at least 75lbs this year. It all starts with the daily goals. Good Luck! I know you can do it.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,250
Points 28,335
Agnes replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 10:27 AM

Kelli--i have my After Eights in the storage closet, also where my fabric is, and to start with I wanted, even felt I needed, a couple a day. This morning upon seeing them there I realized I hadn't thought of them at all yesterday.

Mental programming is my biggest challenge. Once I get myself fully programmed I will be able to overcome hurdles. I have decided that until after my doctor's appointment next Tues I will just try to watch my portions and not be too worried about lbs.It's the meds that are the biggest problem and I hope I show enough progress that they get reduced.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 10:30 AM

Thanks Kelli.

One day at a time is my mantra for the day!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 10:32 AM

Three people brought donuts to work today.  I'm not even tempted!  I have lost 4.8 pounds so far.  My pants are starting to fit better...or at least I can breathe AND wear pants at the same time. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 23,125
Susie replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 1:43 PM

Jeanine:

Three people brought donuts to work today.  I'm not even tempted!  I have lost 4.8 pounds so far.  My pants are starting to fit better...or at least I can breathe AND wear pants at the same time. 

WOOHOO Jeanine!  I can wear pants and breathe at the same time, as long as I don't have to fasten the pants, lol!

Actually, I'm not doing too badly.  I'm trying to "exercise" 3-4x per week for at least 1/2 hour each time.  My DD got a Just Dance game for the WII, so between attempting to dance, laughing so hard my sides ache, and trying to do Richard Simmons' tape, I'm not doing too badly.

Mostly, I'm proud of the fact that I am eating less at each sitting.  I've pumped up the protein a bit more and seem to be less hungry.  And I'm trying really hard to push the water more. 

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 36 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use