Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 35 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,237
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:40 PM

Viki:
I sure hope I can succeed at this and not let myself down (again).  I just need to get my head in the game and do this once and for all!

Welcome Viki. You can do it. Slow and steady. You'll find lots of motivation and support here.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:55 PM

Donna B:

Hi Linda,

Good for you, and I bet the PT will be able to help you.  If not, ask for a different one!!!  A "good" physical therapist is worth their weight in gold!  

Trust me I know. Spent 2 years in PT after my accident learning how to walk again, moving my shoulders, vertigo issues. I'm real familiar with PT. Had a fantastic team of therapists in AZ. They never had a patient for that length of time before.Well, I was told I'd never walk again and I said "Watch Me!"  On my last day I had a big pizza lunch party for them. I don't walk well, but I walk. Praise God!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 5:34 AM

Did my weigh in this morn.  very happy to say I have lost 4.7lbs.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 5:55 AM

Leslie :

Did my weigh in this morn.  very happy to say I have lost 4.7lbs.

Way to go!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 7:50 AM

Way to go, Leslie! 

wish I could say the same but I gained 2.5 lbs since Mon - ok, just rethink what I'm doing and start again.  But I have been off my anti-inflammatory meds since last Thur, having a steroid injection in my lower back today at 2:30 and an occipital nerve block done.  That one worries me the most, it's in the back of your head - that bony part you feel behind your ear,  been having bad headaches for couple months.  Lower back is really killing me these last few days - have a ruptured disc in lumbar - L4 and hoping injection will give me some relief.  it starting to restrict activity and always in pain.  Can't put my socks on my right foot!  Pain goes down right leg but in the back it's all the way across.  So I am very hopeful on this injection. 

I used to get them for my cervical area but finally ended up having surgery in Nov 2007 - they fused together the bottom four discs and repaired two above where I had some stenosis going on.  My dr told me one bad fall and I could be paralyzed.  Beginning to think I'm adopted - no one ielse n my family  has the health problems I've had experienced.  Just kidding, I know better but makes you wonder. 

I'm going to set weight issue aside for today and think about it tomorrow.  Can't have anything to eat after 8:30 so won't be having lunch.  Please keep me in your prayers!  Thanks. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 120
Points 2,155
Viki replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 7:57 AM

Thanks for the encouragement, Kris (& everyone else!).  It really means a lot to know that a group of great women are pulling for me.  I've been trying to drink more water this week, cut back on junk food, and only had low fat ice cream once.  May not sound like a lot, but small steps!!

Congrats to all of you who are losing the weight already!  How awesome! Quilters are patient, determined people.  I have no doubt you'll all do great at this!

I'm off to a sew-in today to work on a table runner my quilt guild did in Nov.  I missed that meaning, so the ladies invited me to the sew in to work on it today.  Hope it turns out well.  They all have so much more experience than I do, I get embarassed sometimes.  I kind of feel like their daughter when I'm there, which isn't all bad.  I just hope it goes well.  I had a class at Joann yesterday to make a "pieced purse".  Super cute with a 9 patch flap for the closing.  When I have it all done, I'll post pics.  Still have to finish the lining and strap.  Just not used to using a real pattern for things! :)

Have a great day all! Hugs!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 120
Points 2,155
Viki replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:08 AM

Debbie,

Good luck today!  I'll be praying for you!  I've had 2 back surgeries for ruptured discs in my lumbar area and then lost the feeling for my sciatic nerve on the left side (first surgery, the dr. "moved" it too much to get to my back or something).  It always felt like it was asleep until the surgery.  After that, there's been a "numb spot" that runs from my hip all the way down under my foot.  Stinks when I'm shaving my legs and don't realize I cut myself there! :)  I really hope the shot helps you.  I was never offered anything like that and I was only 23 for my first surgery and 29 for the second (I'm 39 now). 

Keep the faith and think positive thoughts!  Get lots of rest today and start anew tomorrow!

Gentle hugs!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:23 AM

Thanks so much, Vicki!  So hopeful this will help, don't want to do surgery and Dr said it's elective but can't endure this pain for long, not and still work full-time job. 

I really liked the dr who did my cervical sugery but unfortunately, he was an older man and passed away a few years ago.  my new dr is much younger, very well respected but I don't get the same feeling from him as I did Dr Stough.  Plus, it's five years later, 20 lbs heavier and almost 60.  a few more strikes against me and then got ObamaCare to worry about. 

Good thing is I've got good health care with my job and a secondary, TRICARE, from being retired military.  I've got sick leave but doing surgery now would wipe it out and when I had first surgery I was out for 10 weeks.  (Learned I could stay home and enjoy it, which never thought I would be able to do - go stir crazy)  I am so ready to retire, have medical with TRICARE so not as concerned as others who could retire but health insurance would eat up retirement.  Just can't afford to, yet!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 4:02 PM

Q, thanks for being our cheerleader but we want you making good habits with us, just one change, you choose and jump right in.  This thread is called "Weight loss"challenge"  but should be called "Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living", not just weight loss.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 4:04 PM

Jereena, how wonderful!  You picked the best time to do this challenge, exercise and moderate diet will be perfect for you and the baby.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 4:07 PM

Leslie, congrats on your weight loss, you go girl.  Nice start.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 4:09 PM

Debbie, definitely keeping you in my prayers for good outcome.  Tomorrow is another day for diet.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 4:18 PM

Viki:
I've been trying to drink more water this week, cut back on junk food, and only had low fat ice cream once.  May not sound like a lot, but small steps!!

Vickie, as far as I'm concerned, it's a lot.  Small steps and lifestyle changes is the way to go. 

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 1,025
Jereena replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 5:23 PM

Thanks Marie,

Eat healthy, sleep 8 hours and exercise 15 min a day is my new resolution.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 7:01 PM

Thanks all, everyone is doing so good,   one step at a time

[Ava, Missouri

Page 35 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use