Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 34 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,353
Points 37,030
Linda replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:47 PM

Hi everyone! I joined this group about 30 pages back I think. Most of my problem is the many meds I take and the limited exercise I'm allowed due to injuries from a car accident 5 years ago. But the doc and I've been talking because I can no longer stand straight plus I'm leaning so far to the left I told her I was going to fall over...wouldn't that be a hoot!! I have fallen out of chairs. But inspite of all of this I have managed to drop a few pounds. I have a small service dog and he's now going more places with me so I think the fact that Indy is with me and I'm walking him more has made a difference. Also, the doctor has ordered physical therapy to see if we can get me some comfort on my back and get me straightened up a bit. I'm sure that will be a workout!! Walking the way I do now days with 167 lbs and only 4'10" is not easy. I'm down to 157 as of 2 days ago. I need to loose another 30 lbs. I've had chocolate taken away and I'd kill for a dark chocolate bar right now. I also love breads, but I'm learning to cut back. I do eat a lot of fresh fruit/veggies. I do NOT eat processed foods or corn and it's by-productss and I'm lactose intolerant. So I eat a lot of rice, rice milk, and rice flour too using all my old receipes. So I'm slowly working on it with God's blessing. Hugs.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:51 PM

Hi Linda,

Good for you, and I bet the PT will be able to help you.  If not, ask for a different one!!!  A "good" physical therapist is worth their weight in gold!  

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,523
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:58 PM

Welcome Vickie and good luck to you also.   Looks like you have a number of health issues but  with a healthy food and exercise plan I hope some of those issues will go away or get better at least.  We are all here to support you on the way so jump right in and join us.  I'm a hugger so I'm sending you some.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,523
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 11:02 PM

Vickie, I love the little note at the bottom of your posts.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,523
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 11:22 PM

Jane welcome to the challenge.  I definitely have an addiction to sweets/ carbs so I know how you feel.  Sounds like you have a good plan in mind, good luck.  My plan is to become more active, walking and portion control, cut out the desserts and lighten up on the breads and pasta.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 51,085
Ginny replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 7:38 AM

Hi Linda,  I am certain you will gain much by working with a physical therapist.  It sounds like you are doing well so far on this weight loss challenge.     Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Good morning friends!  Well, the scale is not my friend.  Well, I'm not my scale's friend.  Last weekend it was showing a 6 lb loss, while now that I want to weigh for the record, it's showing a 0.40 lb loss.  :\  Discouraging, but this morning I reminded myself that I *just* started back to working out (cardio only currently - will start weights with my trainer on Monday) this past Friday, so I have to give myself a break.  

I'm back to working and I have mostly done a good job at watching what I eat.  Last night I over ate because, while I am on this journey, I'm not really telling my closest friends about it because I am afraid they are going to say, "Oh, this again. Let us know when you give up!"  Which, honestly, is more my mother's personality than theirs.  I know they would be the biggest supporters I could ever dream of, but that fear is still there.  :(

I'm going to keep on pushing.  My goal for the month of January is to elliptical/walk 50 miles.  So far I am at 14.25 miles.  Not too bad!  I'm still scared to death that I won't make it, but, ultimately, if I don't, at least I will have done SOMETHING that I haven't done in the last year and three months.

Congrats to those that have seen loss and for the rest that haven't, stay strong!  We didn't put it on overnight, so it will take time to get rid of it.  Slow losses keep the weight off longer!  

Love and hugs to all ~ Brandy

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820

I need to join you and get serious.  My life is just a little hectic so I will cheer you all on and join you a bit later. 

You are all just awesome for doing this challenge. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 1,060
Jereena replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 4:00 PM

I think when I said that I want to lose ten pounds probably the stars in the galaxy were not aligned, because I found out 2 days later that I am pregnant.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 4:01 PM

CONGRATS JEREENA!!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Jereena, congratulations

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 6:17 PM

Thank you brandy needed to hear that.... I may not be loosing the pounds like I think I should but I am making healthy choices and am feeling better all the time!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 6:19 PM

Congratulations Jereena.  Now you won't have to worry about the 10 lbs for awhile...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 6:19 PM

Sorry I disappeared. Stomach flu!! Oh, have I felt bad.

It's over but I have no energy at all. Went out yesterday and today. But, when we got back today, I was just so shaky. My esopahgus is sore and my stomach is painful. Don't know what is wrong, but if not better in a few days, will have to have it checked out. I am eating less all thet ime as I can't swallow much, without discomfort.

I weighed today and was 155. I this that is just down a tad.  Jim told me this evening that I just look skinny to him. Don't feel skinny. Wish I did.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:27 PM

Congratulations Jereena.  Do you have other children?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 34 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use