Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 32 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:17 AM

Patti:

Well, we had company for dinner last night, with apple pie.  So I ate more than I should have on a diet.  but I didn't eat much before that so maybe it averaged out.  On the other hand, it has nearly confirmed that I have acid reflux.  I'd been having pain which is what motivated me to lose weight to begin with.  And I found that when I ate small meals, the pain went away.  Well, back again this morning but not near as bad as last week.  See the doc next week.  Appt that was already scheduled. 

It is easier to diet with consequences coming so soon after not eating right.

Blood tests tomorrow before I go see the Doc.  So I am being a good girl.  I want a normal blood sugar this time.

I have an issue with acid reflux from time to time and, I find that if I take PrilosecOTC for a week or 2 that usually clears it up for a while. Mine usually strikes in the middle of the night. When that happens I end up having to sleep sitting kind of up.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 23,125
Susie replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:52 AM

WOOHOO!!  Congrats to all those that have lost weight!

I just stepped on the scale (after eating breakfast) and it showed 181!  That makes me down 4#!

I guess my plan to reduce my soda and fast food intake worked out, even though my exercising was limited.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:38 AM

I have lost 2.8 pounds since Wednesday.  I am going to start weighing in on Mondays to measure my success.  I am thrilled with that loss.  I'm sure it will slow down but even losing 1/2 to a 1 pound a week would be wonderful!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 2:44 PM

Congratulations to all who have lost. I'm not in that category this week. In spite of getting moving a couple of days, It still is not an everyday habit. I took a sneak peak and was down over two pounds on Saturday, and then had dinner at a friends yesterday, too much salt! Up a total of 0.6 from initial weigh in. I really need to get my but moving...and stay away from pot roast...and wine.....

I am truly amazed at the efforts those of you with limited mobility are making. Makes me feel ashamed of myself for not making an honest effort yet. Well done with work for the day, I'll check out some of the other discussion threads and head out for a walk before it gets dark. Ironing fabric for my next project can wait until after I do something for myself.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 4:14 PM

Congratulations to all of you who are showing weight loss for this very first week!  

Personally, I vary so much from day to day, that even a once a week weigh-in can be deceptive, so I am going to note my weekly results on "myfitnesspal" and only report here once a month.  For me, I will be very happy to lose 5-6 pounds a month.

I am finding that joining this group with all of you has re-kindling my awareness of my food choices and portion control.  So, thanks to all of you and let's keep this going as long as possible!!!  I really needed this too!

And a special thanks to Patti for thinking of starting this thread on QCA...what a great idea!  It's obvious that there was a huge number of us that were needing it, and ready and willing to jump in with both feet...LOL. 

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:55 PM

Actually, this was Star's idea.  I think it's one of the best things that has happened to me in a while. I feel like I can do it now.  Thanks Star.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:01 PM

I haven't weighed myself yet but I have been paying closer attention to what I eat and how much.  I am even trying to eat 3 small meals a day instead of just eating dinner at night.  Went for a mile walk this evening with DD and DH.  Hopefully I can get into the habit of increased activity.  I have to be very careful with the types of excercise I do because some things really intensify the arthritis issues.  But walking is at least a start...LOL

Everyone has been doing such a great job.  I am so proud of each of you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

Everyone seems to be doing great, I won't weigh untill Thursday, that will be my week. 

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:34 PM

Yeah for everyone who participated this wweek, the best thing coming out of this I think is that everyone is making better choices, food wise and exercise wise. It is great to see everyone taking better care of their health, wether or not they participate here.  WTG!!!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:41 PM

Patti:

Actually, this was Star's idea.  I think it's one of the best things that has happened to me in a while. I feel like I can do it now.  Thanks Star.

Well then, thanks to Star too!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:21 PM

Congratulations to everyone who has lost weight this week, but I want to congratulate everyone who is still hanging in there too. The first few weeks of a weight loss program are very difficult, and just sticking with it is a huge accomplishment. Also, anyone who hasn't lost weight yet, don't get discouraged. It can take a few weeks for your body to adjust to all the changes and get in gear for weight loss, but you will still feel better and have more energy even without a change on the scale. Just try not to get too preoccupied with your weigh, and think more about your overall health.

I did weigh when I got up today, and actually I tend to weigh everyday, but I am up 1 lb. About what I expected. Since I started back on my 5K training program, I have went up 2 lbs, then down 3, then back up 2, and so on. This is how it typically goes for me until about week three when I stop building muscle faster than I lose fat, so no worries. I look at it that I have completed one week of my training program, am eating better and tracking what I eat, and starting to feel better already. The hardest week is over, and it just gets easier from here.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 120
Points 2,155
Viki replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:04 PM

Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I've been on this site, but I check in here and there to see what everyone's talking about.  I was so excited when I saw this weight loss challenge! I've been trying to watch my weight, but it's hard to do it when there's no accountability or support from others doing the same thing.  So I'd love to join this group, if it's not too late.

Guess I should tell you a little about me.  First, I'm almost 40 years old (Feb. 17).  I'm married and have a 12 year old son. I've been in and out of WW  for the past 12 years.  A few years ago, I lost 30 lbs and looked pretty good.  I kept it off for a long time and then life happened, stress increased, health issues increased, and the weight slowly came almost all back pound by pound.  I have a lot of health issues that impede my weight loss and ability to exercise.  Here's the list: fibromyalgia, 2 lower back surgeries, RSD in both of my feet, Raynaud's Syndrome (feet), Chronic Fatigue, depression, anxiety, vit. d and iron deficient, degenerative discs, osteoarthritis in various places,  currently have a broken toe that's not healing correctly, IBS, reflux, perimenopause, pre-diabetes, etc.  I'm on disability and have been for 4 years.  To everyone else, I look "fine", but inside, I'm hurting like crazy most of the time. So all of this makes me not really want to exercise.  I tend to not take care of myself very well b/c honestly, I just dislike my body b/c I feel like it only brings me pain.  BUT, I know that many of my issues would improve drastically if I lost some weight.

Sorry for the rambling there!  Didn't mean to bore you all! :) Anyway, I'd love to keep up with you and try to do this challenge if possible.  I don't think I have a current photo of myself, so I'll have to figure out how to do that.  But, I'm 5'10" and 266.4 lbs.  I really want to get to 200, but I'd be happy with 5% (13 lb).  I know it's going to take time and effort, but I think that with others support and being able to chat with others in the same "boat" as me, maybe I can make it!

I sure hope I can succeed at this and not let myself down (again).  I just need to get my head in the game and do this once and for all!

Good luck everyone!!!!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 11:38 PM

Viki:
So I'd love to join this group, if it's not too late.

Vicki, it's never too late on QCA...we are always here for each other...and that includes you!  You do have quite a history, but I have one question for you...  Has your doctor(s) restricted your physical activity, ie exercise in any way?  Or, in another way of saying it, what (if any) kind of activity have they suggested you do?  I am a big proponent of basic exercise to maintain or build muscle mass while eating a healthy diet to reduce excess fat.  

Again, welcome to the challenge and I hope you will jump right in with the rest of us!  

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

Welcome Vicki

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 5:58 AM

Welcome Vicki.  I started this because I my health was deteriorating because of my weight, and I didn't feel good anymore.  And I need the accountability. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 32 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use