"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 30 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Nana:

I have finally learned to take a deep breathe and say this too will pass.  What doesn't kill me will make me stronger and I am not allowing anyone else determine how I feel at the end of the day.   Life is too short to melt down over things that have already happened and nothing can be done to change them   

Thanks Nana!  I'm learning that as well.  Doing my best anyway.

This morning I hauled my butt back to the gym and did another 30 minutes.  I was about to die...way over heated for some reason - I think it's because I wasn't very well hydrated before going.  Totally my mistake on that part.  Had lunch and headed for the mall.  Blech.  I dislike the mall, but I had to get my niece's Christmas presents - yes, I'm a little late, but the sales are awesome and I see them today anyway.  Got in another hour of walking because the stores I wanted to go to I thought were in one direct, but turns out they were really within 10 minutes walking distance from where I went in.  Oh well, burned a couple hundred extra calories and now I'm home...tired.  LOL

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Sukochi - We all have days where we are like that.  when you think you might binge, drink a ton of water.  I'm not talking like a glass, I'm talking like four glasses.  Let it sit for ten minutes and see how you feel.  I know that sometimes it feels like your body is taking over and you are trapped inside screaming "STOP!!!", but you just won't.  I know that's some form of mental disconnect, I'm not sure what the term is (I'll ask my coworker who has her masters in Psychology on Monday).  But it happens to me from time to time and I regret it, just don't let it hold you back.  Recognize it for a momentary lapse of sense and keep moving forward.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:33 PM

Congrats DebbieDebbie

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 10:05 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Did chiar sitps this a.m.

Nice to hear that, Sukochi...they really do help don't they!  You go girl...

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 10:12 PM

I managed to drag myself out to cross country ski for an hour today, even though I am not feeling up to par yet.  It did feel good to get out and get some fresh air, but I have been a vegetable since I got back...took a nap and read most of the afternoon away.  I think my body was telling me it needed the rest!  DH & I both have been "under the weather" since our company left on Jan 1, so we still have holiday decorations up and just haven't felt like doing anything (the XC skiing took priority today).

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel like dealing with more than one physical activity in a day.  Oh, I have to fess up to eating a oatmeal-cranberry-walnut cookie after our ski...my reward...LOL.  At least it wasn't as many calories as I had burned!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:33 AM

Donna B.

Dn you ever snowshoe? My DLS lives in Boulder and she, extreme skis, showshoes and does xcountry. She also does trialthlons, bikes, hikes, and dances. She is healthy as a horse. We tell her that soeday, her knees will object and she will need replacements.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,412
Points 38,005
Linda replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:56 AM

Good news! Just from playing and walking with Indy in the back yard I've lost 2 more lbs.! My bathscale better not be fibbing!!!

The doctor scale has me 5 lbs heavier but they only allow 2 lbs for cloths. I said you got to be kidding. I have on 4 layers of shirts and sweatpants or jeans, Those heavy support socs, plus heavier shoes for winter and they only allow 2 lbs for shoes!!!! I probably had 10 lbs. of cloths on. The doctor asked what I had on at home when I weighed myself and I told her I was buck naked just got out of the shower. So she said to go by my scale for the challenge because it  will be more accurate. Thank you, doctor!!!! Definately more encouraging.

Hugs.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 730
Points 18,300

I've been away for 3 days and with this thread moving so fast only read two pages.  Congrats on those losing weight -- Way to go!!!  I'm in the "I blew it" camp, but today is the first day of the rest of my life and I will be starting again.  I have a really hard time not overdoing when eating out and I had 5 meals out the past three days.  I starting a two week bootcamp today to jumpstart my body into weight losing mode.  I'm hating even the thought, but know I need to do it from previous experience.  Wish me luck!

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:28 AM

I'm so proud of you Brandy!  You won girl and you could do it again!  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:30 AM

Angele, you only blew one day of the many ahead, don't beat yourself over the head for that one, you have so many more in front of you.  You could do it, my friend, I KNOW you can.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:44 AM

Sukochi, repeat after me, "I BLEW ONE DAY IN THE REST OF MY LIFE, BIG DEAL, I HAVE THE REST OF IT TO TAKE CONTROL OF".  Now forgive yourself and get on with it, you can do this, you have been doing this!  

It's good to cook for the week or a few days but if you know you won't have any control over eating more of what you should eat, you need to cook only one portion at a time.  Doing this will take more of your time cooking and less time eating.

As for the walking, do as I'm doing, I clock 5 minutes at a time and walk briskly around my house, you don't need to go out if you don't want to.  I am so unfit that I've only been doing 5 minutes a day before I'm winded but that's 5 minutes more than I've done in years.  I took yesterday off but will do again today and every day until I make 7 minutes, etc.

Now I'm off my soapbox, it's just that you've come such a long way, I don't want you to lose control.

Love and hugs,

Marie

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:48 AM

Patti, just 2 1/2 pounds?  Do you realize how much that is?  Congratulations!  Imagine 2 1/2 pounds of butter, you lost that much!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:08 AM

Thanks Greg, for sharing, I will have to check it out.  Did you ever try WW (weight watchers), is it anything like that?  Is it low in carbs, I love bread and pasta, could happily live on just them.  I hate living on a structured plan so my approach this time is to cut out most sugar, limit carbs and fats, and portion control.  My whole life, off and on, I've been a WW, although I lost many many pounds, I could never maintain what I lost and I was always thinking of food.  I get on the scale tomorrow for the first time in a week and I will see if my efforts reward me.  

I wish you continued success with your plan and thank you for the good wishes to us all.  Please continue to post, your input is very valuable to the rest of us.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:10 AM

Kelli and Michelle, great ideas, thank you.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:11 AM

Congrats on your 2 pounds Debbie, way to go!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:20 AM

Linda, congrats on the 2 pounds, keep it up.

Millbury, MA

Page 30 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use