Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 28 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:48 PM

I ate out for two days but still managed to stay within the calories intake I wanted.  It is so nice to see all of you working so hard and staying focused. So tomorrow is back on track for me, then planning my meals for next week will be a big thing.  I usually just plan every day so this weekly planning will be quite different.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 10:59 PM

Well, I finally got on the treadmill.  Read a chapter in Dave Barry Goes to Japan.  It is hard to read him and not laugh so hard that I lose my pace. 

Tomorrow it's been a week since I weighed myself, so I will get on the scales again.  I know I have lost something.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:23 PM

Everyone is doing so good!  I made it through day 2 of WW staying within my points.  I will weigh again on Monday and see how my first week went!  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:27 PM

One thing I am doing is putting food like cereal or crackers into individual containers so I can just grab.  It also shows you what a true serving size is.  I know I used to eat more than a cup of cereal at a time.  I need to find time saving solutions if I. Expect to succeed.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,608
Points 247,132
Thea replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 6:15 AM

One of the things that I found for me that worked when I tried to lose weight is to drink more and more water.  I would give up all sodas and just drink water.  I think since I don't over eat but I do drink an excessive amount of diet sodas that I put a lot of salt in my body from the sodas.  When I drink water, I tend somehow to flush my system more and I do lose weight.  I wish I didn't like my diet sodas so much but I tell myself it is my one bad vice and I don't want to give it up yet... someday maybe... but I know that every time I have tried quitting and quit for a while that I have lost weight.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 8:54 AM

Thea:

One of the things that I found for me that worked when I tried to lose weight is to drink more and more water.  I would give up all sodas and just drink water.  I think since I don't over eat but I do drink an excessive amount of diet sodas that I put a lot of salt in my body from the sodas.  When I drink water, I tend somehow to flush my system more and I do lose weight.  I wish I didn't like my diet sodas so much but I tell myself it is my one bad vice and I don't want to give it up yet... someday maybe... but I know that every time I have tried quitting and quit for a while that I have lost weight.

I quit drinking soda about 4 years ago when I quit smoking. My DH quit drinking soda when I quit smoking so, I quit too. I do need to drink more water. I think I live my life a little on the dehydrated side. I drink at least a pot of black coffee every morning.I cut cream and sugar out about 11 years ago, right before I got married I was gaining weight and I figured that was a good place to cut calories. I need to cut back on that a bit and drink more water. At dinner I usually drink unsweet tea. I just really don't drink that much water. Which is funny because the entire time my kids were playing sports I would nag them to drink water. LOL

Last night after I got off of here I got on the treadmill for 27 minutes. I could have gone a full 30 but my show was over and I lost interest. Right now I am averaging 3 miles and hour my goal is to be able to go 4 miles an hour for 30 minutes by February 1. I think it's doable I just have to keep going.

At some point today I need to make a menu for the next week. That way I can go grocery shopping tomorrow and I will be less tempted to eat out. I love being in Weight Watchers. They have an app called Weight Watchers Kitchen that is jam packed with recipes. I have tried several and really like them. I have noticed that I have to add more seasoning than they call for normally but, that's just because we really like spicy food.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 9:14 AM

Sounds like everyone is doing great. Like the balance exercises. I don't have a balance problem yet, but it's good to do anyway to stave off getting one. I'm glad someone brought up the 21 days to make something a habit. I, too have read this, and heard this over and over for years.

I dusted off and charged up my Fitbit, and have been walking for 30-60 minutes the last couple of days, the dogs have loved it. I took them too far yesterday and my 12 year old Peke/Terrier mix had a hard time getting back home. She has always been such a puppy it's hard to think of her getting old. At least she does not weigh much. I will be shopping for a glucosomine suppliment for her this weekend and see if that helps.

Next up to dust off is the Bowflex I received as a present from my son 9-10 years ago, it was in storage for about 6 years, just no room in the small apartment I had for a while. I put it in my guest room in this house. Then, time to dust off the Tread Climber I bought off of Craigslist last year. That thing kicks my butt, but I have not used it much. I can only do about 10 minutes at a time, but will start using it again, maybe two or three times a day. That is in my "guest" room too, the guest mattress and box spring are leaning up against the wall out of the way. I can fold up the Bowflex and move the TC to the corner and have room for a guest. I don't really have many overnight guests though.

I will weigh on Monday and really hope I have lost something :-) Eating is going pretty good, boring but good. Boca meatless crumbles, salads, green veggies, and egg beaters. Haven't had any real meat for a few weeks. Even had Mealstarters meatless meatballs on New Year's, they were suprisingly good and my friends could not even tell they were not meat until I told them. I did cook them in a very light coctail sauce. Made them in the crockpot. Add in lots of water, I drink about 90-120 ounces a day, and am in the bathroom all the time..........

It really helps to have the stories and support on this thread, and others to share the journey with. You are all great!

I'm working on UFO's, so If I don't get back on the thread, have a good weekend every one.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,338
Points 30,455
Agnes replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 2:14 PM

I checked and found that herbal teas and water are treated equal. I had heard this but wanted to make sure. Drinks like coffee and tea, if they contain caffeine, and sodas fall into a different grouping because they can actually dehydrate you.  I also find that I can drink herbal teas without being sweetened but other teas need a bit of sweetening. So until I have used up my Earl Grey tea I am limiting myself to one pot of tea with caffeine daily and after that I drink herbal tea. I don't have to give up Earl Grey entirely because Stash does the version without caffeine. I have lost weight since I started but I am shifting to Mon for reporting. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 6:44 PM

Well I completely blew it today.  Had Chinese for lunch. Then went to see a friend who had a bad day, and shared a bowl of nuts and bowl. Came home and ate almost 2 cups of caramel corn, then ate 2pieces of thin crust pizza a small piece of cheesecake and tea. I had been going good till now.....for three days..lol. I will be back on track tomorrow.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 10:02 PM

Angele,  we all have those days, tomorrow is a new day

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 10:07 PM

Angele

Everyone has days like that.   Some just aren't willing to admit it....LOL>   I really have changed anything much yet,.  I have been cutting down on the amount of sugar that I put into my coffee and hot tea.  Even managed to cut down on the creamer a little.   Will continue trying to cut down on those items.   As far as food I am just watching portions and trying to eat just normal or smaller portion size instead of the "american" portion size...LOL>  I hope that after Monday's Dr appt that I will be able to get back to doing more so that I can try to do some minor excersizing.   Joints won't me do anything strenuous.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Today had every last chance to be a horrible terrible no good day.  And, by all accounts, it was.  Didn't sleep well last night, woke up with body pain so bad I didn't think I could walk, got to work early, had a stressful and hectic day, over ate - by little bits here and there, but, honestly, they all add up, and then my evening plans were smashed to pieces by someone who is proving to be less than reliable.

Pity party anyone??  I was on the brink.  I started crying and then a very small beam of hope shot through my mind...and it wasn't a bullet.  :)  I fought it.  I miss my son, he's been gone since Tuesday evening...I had a bad day and a busy week, so of COURSE I had permission to completely flub up, right? 

But I picked myself up, wiped my face off, dressed for the gym and headed out.  Worked out - burned 1,018 calories on the elliptical, felt like I was going to vomit, went and ate because I was freakin' starving, ate only half of what I would have because I forced myself to eat slowly and TASTE my food (I usually taste the first few bites, and after that I could just slam my face into my plate and get the same effect), and now here I am.  

Below calories for the day.

Not often do I win over a pity party, especially one of the epic proportions that started, and I don't know if I am going to win the next one, but I do now

I won today.  In the 4th quarter, right as the buzzer was about to sound...  I won.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 10:33 PM

Things are looking bad for me. Weds. nite, I was so hunger, that on my way home from Bible Study, I stopped at Ouik Trip and got a ROLLER cheesburger. Scarfed it down like there was no tomorrow. Got home and ate a bowl of spaghetti with melted cheese on it.And, it was 10 o'clock at night!! Have eaten that Spaghetti for three days now. Made a big pot, with cream cheese in the sauce, but thankfully, it is finally all gone.

I wanted to walk today, but was ironing fabric and, before I knew it, the dark was comiing on. My neighbors want me to walk with them so much and, instead, I sit in my recliner and watch them walk by.

Words of encourgment, please. I am putting on weight again. And, I so don't want to do that.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 10:43 PM

Well, got on the scales today.  I thought I'd maybe lost more.  But it's 2 1/2 pounds.  I'll take it.  Just going to try and keep it up.  Will have to go again on the treadmill this evening. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:00 PM

WTG Brandy.   Unfortunately most of us have had those melt down days.   I have finally learned to take a deep breathe and say this too will pass.  What doesn't kill me will make me stronger and I am not allowing anyone else determine how I feel at the end of the day.   Life is too short to melt down over things that have already happened and nothing can be done to change them   Take that deep breathe.  Say I will not allow my job to cause me stress when I am at home.   Now take another deep breathe and say now what was I planning on doing tonight and then get on with it.

When we allow others to be able to control my emotions then I have given them to much power in my life.   The only people that can have effect on my emotions is my DH and our children.   As the kids get older though I am taking back alot of the control.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 28 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use