Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 27 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,527
Points 177,398
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:02 AM

Kelli, I hear you, you just want to sit and rest after a hard day at work.  Do you have a crock pot?  On the weekend when you have time, plan on what you'd like for the whole week or half and get the ingredients you'll need bought.  Sunday night put your meal in the crock pot and refrigerate.  In the morning take it out and turn it on, you'll come home to a nice cooked meal.  After dinner do the same thing for the next night, etc.  You must have a crock pot with a removable crock to do this, good luck.    

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 10:30 AM

Marie,

Thank you for the crock pot idea. I would have never thought of starting it the night before. I am going to have to do this. I know once I get started and in the habit it won't be so bad but, getting started is such a pain. LOL They say that 21 days of doing something makes a habit so, if I can "be good" for 21 days maybe it will be easier. :)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 125
Points 1,270
Mindy replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 10:48 AM

Hang in there Kelli!

I agree Marie's idea of crock pot cooking is a great one for those exhausted from a long day. Even tho I "stay home" there are lots of days I go with the crock pot! I think your right with doing something for 21 days and it becomes a habit..so hang in there..You CAN do it! Also I think it's important not to beat yourself up over "slips"..this is a marathon not a race..I tend to forget that and I have also learned that for myself, I can't be an "all or nothing" dietier...meaning if I try to take away ALL my sugar or ALL my carbs (or anything else I crave) I will quickly give up, whereas if I give myself some leeway to have 1 small "bad" thing each day I am more able to stick with it.

Good luck and hope you have a great day!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,527
Points 177,398
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 12:21 PM

Kelli, you are welcome.  Even though I'm retired, I think I will get my trusty old crock pot out and use it also.  Is it 21 days yet?  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 12:32 PM

Thank you both for the encouraging words. They really help a LOT!!! I wish it was 21 days more like 21 minutes LMAO!! :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Kelli, on Sundays I prepare my meals for the week, of coarse i am only cooking for myself. but i plan what i want for lunch and supper, because i too work 8 hours a day, and i am pooped when i get home i find if i fix everything ahead then i dont over eat.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Mindy, thats why i like weight watchers, i eat what i want i just have to stay in my points, if i deprive myself i find i can't stick with it

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,575
Points 26,380
Debbie replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 7:41 PM

I got on the treadmill and made it 12 minutes, yes!!  5 more than last time.  Read a book on my tablet and that helped.  was doing good eating wise till someone brought in crispy tortilla chips.  had a few handfuls, DARN! 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,218
Points 16,395
Susan replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 7:48 PM

Kelli, Dont know if this will help, also, but I buy ckicken, pork, beef or fish and cut it up in one serving packages so when my DH has something I dont want , these are there for me. If you have time make things you can freeze and just throw in the microwave or oven. Good Luck, You Can Do It !  Susan

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 8:26 PM

Thank you Leslie and Susan. I like both of those ideas. We usually buy lean cuisines for lunch I just need to be better about planning dinner. I also need to stick to eating what I planned. Today I did much much better. I hit m points right on at 32. YAY!!!! Now I just need to motivate myself onto the treadmill :-/ 

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 8:29 PM

Yeah!   Could have been .....could have been a bag chips lol

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 8:29 PM

Debbie:

I got on the treadmill and made it 12 minutes, yes!!  5 more than last time.  Read a book on my tablet and that helped.  was doing good eating wise till someone brought in crispy tortilla chips.  had a few handfuls, DARN! 

WTG!!!! I like watching Netflix on my iPad while I'm on my treadmill. Nothing I have to watch too close but something that will take my mind off of what I'm doing. I try to pick something that last about as long as I want to be on the thing. :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

I start Zumba next week two days a week then one day i will start lifting weights again, I use to lift weights alot then stopped i always enjoyed it

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,247
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:22 PM

Debbie:
I got on the treadmill and made it 12 minutes, yes!!  5 more than last time. 

WTG Debbie!

Debbie:
was doing good eating wise till someone brought in crispy tortilla chips.  had a few handfuls, DARN!

Don't feel too bad. I had nachos for dinner... and other things. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:25 PM

My dinner was sauted brussel sprouts, onions, garlic and some thinnly sliced leftover steak...yummy.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 27 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use