Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 22 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 1:34 PM

Kris:

I pedaled for 15 minutes today. I also had breakfast (OJ and bagel) and lunch (stir fried edamame, broccoli, carrots, brown rice and chicken).

Sorry Kris but whats edamame ive never heard of this or is your typing that bad and its supposed to be banana.:-)

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Frances, it is a bean lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 1:49 PM

Frances

Edamame is a soy bean.  The little beans inside the pod.   Really good in tossed salads too.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,273
Points 28,855
Agnes replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 1:51 PM

I couldn't resist this laugh.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 1:54 PM

Dear BB,  I guess that I wear clothes that are too tight all the time then, if you think yours are too tight.  I think my problem is that I always make certain the clothes have stretch to them.   Regarding your heel spur, change your shoes to ones with more support.  I found that is what I have to do if I buy some cute little nothing shoe and wear it every day.  I need more support as our arches tend to give and flatten more as we get older and they need all the support we can give them.  And weight loss helps too.  Been there -done that.    LOL    Ginny

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 2:41 PM

Agnes:

I couldn't resist this laugh.

Lol I love this! I have seen a lot of talk on here about artificial sweeteners, I don't like them. They tend to leave a yucky after taste that I'm super sensitive to. Also, I try to avoid high fructose corn syrup which sometimes can be difficult because they put it in almost all processed foods. I try to stay away from processed food too but, working full time sometimes it's just easier. I have found that lean cuisines are a real good lunch and it costs less than eating fast food. I am on weight watchers plus and they leave me plenty of points to have a nice home cooked dinner. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,349
Points 174,618
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 3:55 PM

Well I tried coffee with skim milk then I tried it again today with FF half and half, I also took a sip of it black and guess what I hate coffee without the sweetener in it.  I'll keep trying!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,349
Points 174,618
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 4:03 PM

Kelli, you look so serious, smile girl!  Maybe Leon will do the diet with you or do you love him the way he is?  I love the quilt on the wall behind you, very cute.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 4:26 PM

Frances:

Kris:

I pedaled for 15 minutes today. I also had breakfast (OJ and bagel) and lunch (stir fried edamame, broccoli, carrots, brown rice and chicken).

Sorry Kris but whats edamame ive never heard of this or is your typing that bad and its supposed to be banana.:-)

lots of love

Francesxx

Her typing IS that bad. It is banana!!! Oh, I am sorry, that is just SO funny.

Edamame makes the best snack. I nuke 'em and salt 'em and gobble 'em up!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,349
Points 174,618
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 4:38 PM

Sounds yummy, Kris.  I have heard of edamame but didn't know what is was either.  Sukochi's recipe sounds like I might also like them as a snack.  Are they high in calories?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 5:48 PM

Marie

They have a high protein content but I don't know about calories.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 5:49 PM

Marie:

Kelli, you look so serious, smile girl!  Maybe Leon will do the diet with you or do you love him the way he is?  I love the quilt on the wall behind you, very cute.

I was having my DH take the picture and I was trying to figure out what he was doing. Lol that's why I was serious. Not only do I love Leon the way he is, if I tried to put him on a diet he would get very grumpy and terrorize my other baby (his dad, Bernie). Lol thank you about the quilt it was a guild challenge and I liked it enough I hung it in my living room. :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Well I have to go back to work in the morn,  So i just finished cooking my brown rice and veggies for work lunch the rest of the week and baking some chicken breast to have for supper with a salad. I find if I prepare my food for the week I do alot better

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 125
Points 1,270
Mindy replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 6:05 PM

Hi everyone!

I am a little slow getting here, but, would love to join in. I see several people I know and many I don't but would love to share losing some extra pounds with you all!

About myself: I am 43, married (for the 2nd time), and have 6 children ranging from 23 to almost 2! I am lucky enough to get to be a stay at home mom (at least for the present). My weight has bounced up and down all my life...my folks were definate believers in the clean plate club so as young as I can remember I have "fought my weight". After my 3rd child (now 14) and leaving my first husband I had gastic bypass surgery and went from 265#'s down to about 140#s in about a year. Yikes...went so fast it made my head spin and when it was all said and done...I honestly didn't look very good. Too thin...with hanging skin and sunken face. I slowly got back to about 155# and filled in the loose skin and hollow cheecks a bit. All this was about 10 years ago..I kept the weight off for many years, even thru having a set of twins (now 7). When they were about 2, I even got back to around 155#...well with this last little treasure I haven't been able to get back down. I am stuck at about 195#s. At 5'4" this is just too heavy. I was most comfotable with myself around 155-160 so would like to get back to there. Now, I do have an advantage over many others...I still can't eat large portions. It literally makes me sick. I also can't do much sweets (except chocolate!!)...my problem is NO EXERCISE! I KNOW I have to get moving in order to lose I am just being lazy about getting back to it. So my goals are to get back to exercising and getting back to making better eating choices for the small amounts I do get to eat...so sorry chocolate...you've got to go! I actually asked my husband for a gym membership for Chritmas. LOL-- He's a smart guy and didn't do it...but I really would like one so think I will go check into it myself. Right now the whole family is sick with a miserable lingering cold so I am giving myself a week (when all the kids get back to school) and I will start with the exercise, but I can start now making better food/drink choices!

So glad you all started this group!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Hi Mindy, glad to have you with us

[Ava, Missouri

Page 22 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use