Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 21 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:44 AM

I did better yesterday.  Because we were on the run, we stopped at the dreaded McD.  I got the chicken sandwich, which isn't very healthy, but fills me up better than a single hamburger.  And I managed to only eat 3 french fries!  That's a record in itself!  I also only had about 3 swallows of my soda.

Dinner was healthy--pork loin (very small piece), steamed potatoes and green beans.  But my biggest accomplishment for yesterday was that we managed to get through the whole tape of Sweatin to the Oldies!  I couldn't keep up through the whole thing, but did keep moving the whole time.

Today is another day.  My plan is to try to avoid coffee today.  When I drink it, I put sugar in it, but nothing else.  I can't do artificial sweeteners because they trigger my migraines.  So...after a bowl of cheerios (no sugar on top), I'm off to get some water. 

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:53 AM

WOOOHOOO Susie

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

I just picked up on this group and I am in on a limited basis. I have been on and off myfitnesspal.com for a couple of years. I have learned a lot through that site and met some awesome people. It tracks food and exercise. 

If anyone here wants to add me as a friend, my name on there is SunshineKisses_2012

brandy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 11:39 AM

Kelley:

Candis:
Ok, what would you all suggest for someone who HATES!!!! veggies... I love my beef and Love my creamer in my coffee...lol.. I am doomed...

Candis:
V8 juice on ice with a little tabasco, is good.

HUH ?  I dont think so ...lol..tabasco?...lol..

Kelley, I wasn't a big veggie eater either because Mom cooked vegetbles until they were mush.....YUCK! But since I got a steamer I steam veggies a few minutes less than called for and they still are a little crunchy and very yummy! Put a little unsalted butter on them and you've got a great meal. I love cauliflower with snow peas. And notice I said unsalted butter not margarine. My doctors and nutritionist said unsalted butter is much better for you than margarine. And with my digestive and other health problems, I'm going to listen to the doctors. I also do not eat processed foods...everything must be natural and fresh. Eating this way I no longer have gas or bowel issues. I do not eat veggies that produce gas such as green peppers, cabbage, most beans. Also I do not have any caffine at all, no sugar or artificial sweeteners. I drink water almost exclusively.

Hope this helps a little.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 11:54 AM

Sabrina:

Here is the dreaded before pic (I don't want Linda to be all by herself up here). I weigh exactly 220 lbs, and need to lose at least 50 lbs. Also, I am 6 feet tall, so that should add some perspective to my picture. People tell me that I don't look like I weigh 220 lbs, but I can hide quite a lot of pounds on a 6 ft frame.

Thank you Sabrina. But at your height you don't show every pound like I do at 4'10". Every qtr pound shows up on me. But since starting this challenge I'm holding at 159 in spite of all the holiday food..portions,,,portions...no extra snacking,,,no chocolate...like heck,,,maybe just a little bit. I kept to my eating schedule and portion control. I'm walking Indy....and it's cold outside!!!!  Hope someone else posts a photo too.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400

OK, here I am in all my fatness.  These are my test clothes -- I'd never wear something this tight in public!  I'm putting them up and will try them on every couple of week. When they get looser and presentable, I know I will have met my first goal, which is 15 lbs., the amount I've gained this year.  As of this morning I weigh 176.  :(  (we really do need smilies and frownies on this site!)

I am starting a 2 week low carb bootcamp to jumpstart my body into losing as well as to get my blood sugar more manageable without a buckload of meds.   In two weeks I'll re-evaluate the diet portion.  I'm also going to do some kind of exercise three times a week which will be challenge as I am developing a heel spur and don't want to exacerbate that.  But I really do need to get moving again.  Too much sitting and quilting!

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:41 PM

Hi Ladies,

Wow this thread is moving fast. I miss a couple of days and there are pages and pages of replies. I can't possibly respond to each, but will chime in with a few comments.

First, I am lucky and only drink my coffee black. Sometimes I will have Baileys or whiskey in it if at brunch with friends. I love Irish coffee, but have them leave out the sugar and no whip cream. I only drink two cups of coffee a day, and I too have a Keurig.

I don't drink sweet tea, sometimes hot herbal tea, but with no sweetners. I gave up all soda drinks in the mid eighties and only drink water now. I drink lots of water, which is good for me. I also still drink alcohol, mostly red wine. I need to work on cutting back on that too. It is hard to lose weight while consuming those empty calories, although I do count each glass on MyFitnessPal food tracker. I do need to be honest with myself.

I lke enough veggies, I eat them raw, steamed, or grilled. I don't like mushy veggies, and don't put any sauces, cheeses, or butter on my veggies. I eat a lot of broccoli, that it my favorite veggie. My dad said I eat so much broccoli I was going to turn into it. Broccoli is my go to veggie.

MyFitnessPal and other apps / programs out there like it are great resources. I can look up the meals from most resturants before ordering. I skip the fast food chains all together, well  I do admit to getting the dogs some chicken nuggets on occasion. I just don't think too carefully about the ingrediants.  You may wonder how I got so fat being such a picky eater. I can tell you, drink too much, eat too much ice cream, potatoes, and other carbs, starches. I make a great all organic homemade pizza, I'm sure I made too many this last year. Yes, you can get fat eating all natural and organic. The other key ingrediant, cease all exercise and limit walking to quick dog walks.

I made it through New Years eve. My sleep schedule is all messed up, and I was in bed by 6 pm. I was woken up a couple of times by the neighbors shooting off fireworks, at least I hope it was fireworks. It was more the three dogs crawling all over me that woke me up, they really don't like fireworks, or thunderstorms. So, no eating or drinking for me last night. I had a black bean vegitarian burger on a sandwich round late afternoon. I also got in a couple of 30 minute walks with the dogs. No dog walking today, it is raining and all three dogs were groomed yesterday.

I am working day shift today for OT and back at work on the night shift at 10 PM tonight. As you can see I continue to mess with my sleep schedule.

One of my favorite activities for indoor exercising is the Leslie Sansone walking dvd's. I think they are pretty similar to the low impact aerobics we used to do in the late 80's. You can follow along at your own pace, at least it gets me moving and the "miles" are broken up so  a workout can last for as little as 15 minutes or a whole hour if you do the whole dvd. It is easy to do one or more segments right after getting up before starting the day. I have several of her dvd's, but like the 5 mile one the best. I have retrieved them from the bottom of the bookcase, dusted them off, and loaded the 5 mile into the dvd, all ready for a workout. I will do that right after work today. Promises to myself.

I plan to report my progress once a week, someone suggested Monday's. So next Monday, I will report any pounds lost, or gained. This is for my own accountablity.  Now back to the UFO I started working on this morning, well as soon as I check out the other discussion threads :-)

Happy New Year everyone!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:43 PM

Brigit-Carol, you, my Dear, are not over weight!  And, we do not use the "fat" word. Not anymore. We are working to get healthy so that word has nothing to do with this new life/new year. Lets not bring that word with us into 2013. Just positive words from now on.

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400

Susie:

Today is another day.  My plan is to try to avoid coffee today.  When I drink it, I put sugar in it, but nothing else.  I can't do artificial sweeteners because they trigger my migraines.  So...after a bowl of cheerios (no sugar on top), I'm off to get some water. 

One of my favourite quotes is "Yet again we begin again" -- not sure who coined it but it's a mantra of mine.  I'm jumping in with both feet tomorrow as I still have some holiday food I want to eat today, but it will be lower carb than what I've been doing.

Have you tried Xylitol sweetener?  It is not artificial and many people who can't tolerate others often can manage with Xylitol.  Just keep it away from dogs as they can't digest it. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Brigit-Carol, you, my Dear, are not over weight!  And, we do not use the "fat" word. Not anymore. We are working to get healthy so that word has nothing to do with this new life/new year. Lets not bring that word with us into 2013. Just positive words from now on.

Oh, you are so kind.  I'm only 5'4", and according to the charts should weigh between 125-135.  I think I did in 6th grade!  I'm aiming for 150-155 but am not going to kill myself getting there.  And "fat" to me is really not a four letter word, but I'll drop it as I don't want to offend others. 

Star - I too like the "Walk Away the Pounds" videos.  I have the 3 mile but usually only get up to 2, and wouldn't even make it to that these days.  Like you, I'm going to dust it off and give it a try.  I also have a mini-trampoline I haven't used in ages.  Need to find a good place for it where I won't trip over it. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:57 PM

Candis:
they dont know what the effects of using artificial sweetners are yet, there hasnt been many studies

Triggers my migraines.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:59 PM

Belfrybat:
OK, here I am in all my fatness.  These are my test clothes -- I'd never wear something this tight in public

You look good in that outfit. I like your plan to try them on at intervals of this journey.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 1:01 PM

I pedaled for 15 minutes today. I also had breakfast (OJ and bagel) and lunch (stir fried edamame, broccoli, carrots, brown rice and chicken).

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

Bridget-Carol your a doll.  I think I am going to stop at the Health Food store after work tommorrow and get a whole body detox. I always feel so good after doing one

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

Kris, that is one of my favorite meals I love brown rice with chicken and veggies

[Ava, Missouri

Page 21 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use