Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 20 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Thanks Michelle, 

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:50 AM

Hcim55:
Michelle a reformed sugar- Holic

Self affirmations is a great way to help one diet.    I was on one diet once that used self affirmations, that was very successful, and I lost about 60 pounds but gained most of it back when our group disbanded and the stress at work go to much for me.

When you look in the mirror, or when choosing something to eat, tell yourself  "I eat a healthy diet, " or "I am a person who embraces a healthy lifestyle."  "I am looking good today."  Even if you think that is not true now,  as you say it over time, you start to live that way and living a healthy life style will become your way of life. 

Yup, I need to get back using positive self affirmations.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:00 AM

Nana - me, too.  changing habits - bought half and half for my coffee and measure out one tbsp, not just pouring liberally like I normally do.  also, exploring other sweeteners - may try Nectresse.  anyone tried it?

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:05 AM

I will also try cutting down on the amount of sugar in my sweet iced tea but I don't think there is anyway that can cut the sugar out. After 50+ years of drinking Southern sweet tea I don't see me giving it up..LOL

Nana - you are so right and now lots of places make sweet tea correctly!  aarrgghh!!  Guess I'll be still drinking lots of water. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:05 AM

Everything I have read says that using sugar in moderation is much healthier than the artificial sweetners.  They are almost all made from really harsh chemicals that the body has a hard time processing.   And sugar really doesn't have that many calories per teaspoon.  I know I was surprised by the calories but can't remember what the number is now.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:14 AM

I try not  to use anything artificil,  I am actually apretty healthy eater overall,   Most of my problem, is I mainly eat once a day, so that kills your metabolism.   

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:24 AM

Ok, my official weigh in is 231.8 lbs :-( 

I took this picture this morning and just to give it some perspective. I am 5'3". Oh, and that is my fat love puff, Leon,at my feet. He is my tag along. :)

replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:25 AM

Leslie :

I try not  to use anything artificil,  I am actually apretty healthy eater overall,   Most of my problem, is I mainly eat once a day, so that kills your metabolism.   

they dont know what the effects of using artificial sweetners are yet, there hasnt been many studies. But they are coming out with new documented accounts of artificial sweetners actually causeing you to gain more weight. There was a piece on this on the Dr. Oz show last week. It was very interesting. went into the specific chemicals it effects in the brain and the body.  Nana is right, real products are better for you than artificial ones. I try to go by  If it is messed with in any way, I try not to eat it. Everything in its original form is better, in my opinion. And most nutrition gurus.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:28 AM

Kelli, very pretty lady. love   your doggy and your doggy quilt behind you

[Ava, Missouri

replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:28 AM

OH I actually Like aguava nectar, it is low on the glycemic index.. And it tastes really good,  Not expensive either.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:29 AM

Candis, I have tried many of the sweetners and there is something in them that give me a very bad headache

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:31 AM

I went and checked on sugar calories.   There are 16 calories in a teaspoon.  If you use in moderation that really isn't that many calories and it is much better for your body than all the artificial chemicals.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:33 AM

Leslie :
Kelli, very pretty lady. love   your doggy and your doggy quilt behind you

Ditto.  Glad you are joining us Kelli.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:33 AM

Leslie :

Candis, I have tried many of the sweetners and there is something in them that give me a very bad headache

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/should-you-give-artificial-sweeteners?video=14951

check this out it is about artificial sweetners and artificial butters and margarine, for all you headache and IBS sufferers. as well as being overweight.  take a look, Just when you think you know nutrition,  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,292
Points 29,205
Agnes replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:44 AM

Patti:
Yup, I need to get back using positive self affirmations.

I think all of life and how we come out depends on whether we look at things positively or negatively. My mom was a very negative person and as a young adult I soon knew I didn't want to be like her. I just finished editing and down sizing one of my 1962 Graduation classmate"s bios. She was my closest friend in the class. She has lived a life of regrets and dealt with suicide, etc. What is both scary but uplifting is that my life could have been like hers if not for my resolves to not go down that path. The reason we were friends was because we were so alike..

Want to hear something funny. I quit putting sugar in my tea yesterday afternoon but with every cup from that pot when I got down to the bottom quarter it seemed to taste sweetened. Power of positive thinking????? I failed greatly in my eating resolve from 1:30 to 3:30 during the night. I will be fine today., just some bad melancholy overtook me.

Kris--I agree the charts are all wrong and that's why I don't worry about them. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 20 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use