Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 19 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:25 PM

Kelley:

Ok, what would you all suggest for someone who HATES!!!! veggies... I love my beef and Love my creamer in my coffee...lol.. I am doomed...

V8 juice on ice with a little tabasco, is good. ,

• | Post Points: 20
replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:25 PM

Marie:

Thanks Kris, he looks about the same as last I saw him.  A long way from where he came from as a fruit ? In a commercial

A What?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:32 PM

Dang and Blast (thats way more polite than what i said when it happend) my Wii Nintendo balance board has given up and died why cant it do that when i wasnt fussed whether its working or not , on the good side ive ordered a new one on the bad side i thought i was losing weight as quick as anything and now it turns out it was probably only weighing half of me. So since i couldnt play um exercise on that i had to settle for doing the vacuming and wheres the fun in that.

Food wise have done okay far easier at home since anything im not supposed to eat i put in a cupboard out of sight out of mind.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,955
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:35 PM

Well, I want to jump on this weight loss challenge, but it is going to be a late start for me.  I am still dealing with my leg wound and have to keep my leg elevated to keep sweling down.  I hate this!  I can't even go in and use my swing machine.  I don't have anything ready to do any handsewing on either. 

Just saw my cariologist this week and she said " Go for it. "  She gave me the okay to get back into my exercise class also, but until this leg wound heals, I am stuck.  I need to restock my pantry and refrig. with more healthy items also.  I am praying for this wound to heal quickly.  I couldn't even go to church yesterday.  Grrr  To top everything else off I have a huge bruise on the side of my other foot, with swelling that prevents me from putting a shoe on,  but I will persevere and get over allof this.  For right now , just know that I am cheering you all on.  Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:35 PM

Candis:
Ok, what would you all suggest for someone who HATES!!!! veggies... I love my beef and Love my creamer in my coffee...lol.. I am doomed...

Candis:
V8 juice on ice with a little tabasco, is good.

HUH ?  I dont think so ...lol..tabasco?...lol..

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 7:20 PM

Judy:

I found an app for my smart phone called Pts Plus Diary and it is way cool. If you are familiar with WW it is really great for recording food and other information. You can even use your bar code reader to enter food from the package it came in. It has almost every restaurant and their menues.

I used WW for a long time and this is by far the best and easiest ways for posting info.

Judy,

are you using pts plus diary instead of ww online?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 656
Points 16,590

Kelley:

Doomed?  Not at all!  But ditch the creamer for either half and half or real cream -- you don't need the chemicals in creamer.  You can go on a low carb diet, which is extremely healthy and heart protective.  Try to eat a salad or some kind of veggie each day -- experiment and I'm sure you'll find some you can eat.  One of my favourites is celery stuffed with peanut butter or cream cheese.  Eat healthy fats, and by that I mean saturated  (coconut oil or meat fat) or monounsaturated (olive oil, canola), but  limit polyunsaturated and transfats.   Dr. Bernstein, a diabetic doctor who is widely successful suggests diabetics should eat less than 30 grams of carbs a day.  That equals a 3/4 cup serving of veggies at meals.  He's treated his own diabetes and that of many folks for 40+ years with a high fat, medium protein, low carb regimen.   I lost 50 lbs. on his diet and dropped my use of diabetic drugs by half.  Then gradually fell off the wagon and gained 20+ lbs. back.   

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:01 PM

So, anyone got some good vegie recipes?  I like the roasted vegies I posted earlier, but I will look for a couple other favorites.  My sister is here, and she does wonderful things with vegetables.  I will ask her.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:51 PM

It makes you see how many calories are in portions. Moderation, eat one and add it in. Then you don't feel deprived. I allow a scoop of like sherbert as my evening snack. Then I have something to look forward to each evening. I just make sure I measure what a serving size really is. Or add more exercise. The fitness pal lets you add in your water per day and exercise time, and kind of exercise. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:11 AM

It's a good thing I always drink my tea plain, no cream and very little to no sugar depending on the tea. It would be hard to give that up.

SoBuzy:
 Unfortunately or fortunately I can't participate as I do not need to lose weight. But, I do need the encouragement of exercise! I've kind of dropped short of that.

I'm here to get motivated to exercise too. If I had to lose weight it wouldn't be much. I spent much of my life being underweight and I was teased a lot for it. In the Army they made me eat twice at every meal and I was the only one allowed "snacks" at basic training. I was always hungry there. I "filled out" after I started taking medication for my ailments. I'm mostly big boobs and butt would like better muscle tone and need more energy.

I also want to eat better throughout the day and not all at night (I'm eating ice cream right now).

Agnes:
I now only need to go from 167 to 150 or 145 ideally. Not anywhere what the charts indicate but that is just not realistic for me given my body type.

I think the charts need to be updated. People are bigger than they used to be and I don't just mean fatter. We're taller and more dense.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:00 AM

I did manage to cut down on the amount of sugar and creamer in my coffee this morning.   That will be one of my first changes.   I will also try cutting down on the amount of sugar in my sweet iced tea but I don't think there is anyway that can cut the sugar out.   After 50+  years of drinking Southern sweet tea I don't see me giving it up..LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

My biggest problem is I am addicted to the International coffees French Vanilla, I drink it all day long,   This one will be a hard one for me

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:20 AM

Good girl!    Sugar is a bad thing and very hard to give up.....

Michelle

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:25 AM

New rub enter my plan. I am unable to swallow solids again. I get terrible pain in the esopahgus when I eat solid. So, this a.m. I went back to my Ensure for breakfast. Will be eating soft diet for awhile. '

Pouring rain today. My back and legs are killing me. Not a great way, physically, to start the New Year.

Have to make the drive, about an hour, over the mountain to visit Jim's brother. With this diagnosis, we are feeling much concern. Jim has exhibited some of these same symptoms for quite awhile.So far, there has been not diagnosis for his problems Will have blood work done asap.

Another new addition this year, for us, is to tighten our belt!

OK, ladies, today is the first day of a health life. We can do this!!

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:26 AM

Leslie it is definitely hard but your body will thank you for not making it process all the toxins...

Michelle a reformed sugar- Holic 

• | Post Points: 35
Page 19 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use