Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 18 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:14 AM

Now, this is a quilting website and we all have that in common as well as wanting to get healthy. I am thinking that maybe we can set milestones for ourselves and make a quilt to journal our weightloss. I think that I will make a block for every pound I lose. If I had more to lose I might make one for every five or so. I'll put thought into the block design. For instance, I think my first one will include a photo of my starting picture. At some point I'll reqard myself with a piece of jewelry and make a block to represeent that. etc.

When I am done, I will have a quilt to remind me of the journey and encourage me to not go find that 25 pounds again.

Next, does anybody know if there is a place on this site where we can post our blocks? would it be just in this thread?

My next idea is for us to try to set up a place were we can all add in our number of pounds lost and have a total number of pounds lost in 2013 by the group? That could be our final block.

What ya think?

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Judy - I like the idea of a quilt block to mark our individual progress.  Not sure I could do one for every pound lost as my weight can fluctuate 2-4 lbs. a day.  Maybe I'll do something like two blocks for every 5 lbs. or something similar.  Since I'd like to lose a total of 25 lbs., that would give me enough for a lap sized quilt.  Will ponder it.

I also thought it would be good to have a cumulative tally of the group's weight loss.  Maybe pick a day each week to post loss/ gain and someone counts up and posts the net loss? 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:25 AM

I found an app for my smart phone called Pts Plus Diary and it is way cool. If you are familiar with WW it is really great for recording food and other information. You can even use your bar code reader to enter food from the package it came in. It has almost every restaurant and their menues.

I used WW for a long time and this is by far the best and easiest ways for posting info.

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 654
Points 12,395
Michelle replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:29 AM

I love the idea of making a block for the weight loss. I  also think 1 block for every 2-3 pounds. Would we post those blocks here? Also, any pattern?  I've tried the picture before but I'm not really pleased with those. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,260
Points 28,490
Agnes replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 12:33 PM

Michelle:

I love the idea of making a block for the weight loss. I  also think 1 block for every 2-3 pounds. Would we post those blocks here? Also, any pattern?  I've tried the picture before but I'm not really pleased with those. 

I love the idea of the quilt blocks. Have to think on my ratio as I am gunning for under 20 lbs, having done the major weight loss five to ten years ago. This is what has crept back, starting in June due to anxiety about husband's health and impending death. Most however is from Oct till now because I let my med side effects take over. This is what I am kicking in the butt now, though still on the med.

I think a quilt  will be a very personal journey for me so mine would certainly be one of a kind. I may just incorporate a second idea that I have had since roughly 1994 which is to make a Northern themed sampler quilt. It was at that point that I originally rebloomed to over 200 pounds. I now only need to go from 167 to 150 or 145 ideally. Not anywhere what the charts indicate but that is just not realistic for me given my body type.

I get my daily fluids largely through herbal teas ans do drink upwards of eight cups a day. I am now down to less than a 1/4 tsp of sugar per cup from over atsp and will soon need none. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 1:55 PM

Agnes, Girl you should be proud! If you were 200 and are now 167!!!...I'm new to this board but just know that I think that is awesome!  Unfortunately or fortunately I can't participate as I do not need to lose weight. But, I do need the encouragement of exercise! I've kind of dropped short of that....so either I can encourage you guys by cheering you on or be the mean one...I'm here for all of you......what you guys are doing is life changing and possibly extending your lives into a more healthy and quality life!  I use xylitol instead of sugar in my tea....most people have not heard of it...it's a natural sweetener although the name sounds chemical! You can use less than 1/2 of what you would use with  processed sugar...your goal of none is even better tho! Good Luck to you and everyone who participates in this awesome challenge.....standing by for encouragement and will be happy to share some recipes that others have shared with me!

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 2:07 PM

Oh goodness... I thought I read the ingredients of half and half and thought I saw foreign ingredients.....I better check again. Dr oz says just put the regular cream in your coffee, it's the best, but I can't help thinking about the butter fat?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,260
Points 28,490
Agnes replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 2:12 PM

SoBuzy:
If you were 200 and are now 167!!!...I'm new to this board but just know that I think that is awesome!

Thanks. I was really proud of my previous weight loss because I did it over a number of years and strictly by life changes, both to food and to exercise. Any time previously I would diet and the weight always came back. The big motivator now is that I refuse to buy a new wardrobe and I look poured into some of my current clothes, a look I absolutely detest when I see it on other people. Yes, please encourage. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 2:32 PM

You did it once you can and will do it again! Stay positive and like you said...life changes....take one day at a time, reward yourself for what you accomplished and write down the negative so that you can improve on it the next day! Keep your journal but your goal is to accomplish something positive everyday and looking back on the pros and cons could just be the motivation to keep you focused! I have faith in you! 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 3:02 PM

Agnes:

SoBuzy:
If you were 200 and are now 167!!!...I'm new to this board but just know that I think that is awesome!

Thanks. I was really proud of my previous weight loss because I did it over a number of years and strictly by life changes, both to food and to exercise. Any time previously I would diet and the weight always came back. The big motivator now is that I refuse to buy a new wardrobe and I look poured into some of my current clothes, a look I absolutely detest when I see it on other people. Yes, please encourage. 

Agnes, You did what I did, but I used Weight Watchers cause we had a meeting at work and my coworkers participated. I made a complete life change. Retiring has allowed me to get lazy. Now that I have all the time in the world to shop, cook and exercise, Ifind I do less of it.

For the sugar. Stick with the goal of none in coffee and tea. You can really tast the flavor of the drink. for tea, if I really need a fix, I use honey. I'm not sure but I tell myself that is better than sugar.

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 3:29 PM

Michelle:

I have had success with the photo fabric. I don't like the ones that you iron on because they feel plastic. I like fun whimsy guilts. I am going to make my first block something like a sunbonnet sue, but it will be my silhouette. I might exaggerate some areas to make a before picture. I'll make a block with 2013. maybe one to represent this group. I think that I will use mostly appliqué.

Oh I better watch out, I might end up home sewing (sitting on my but) and not working out. I could make a rule, no work out -  no sew.That would be too drastic. lol

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 5:59 PM

Thanks SoBusy, for writing.  Your encouragement and shared recipes will be greatly accepted.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:10 PM

Thanks Kris, he looks about the same as last I saw him.  A long way from where he came from as a fruit ? In a commercial

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:17 PM

OK I started to use fitness pal today.  I was going good till I went for a tea at my neighbor and she offered me shortbread cookies.  Well I didn't know they had so many calories! That was a real wake up call.  I think this will help me to stay thank you to the persons who recommended my fitness pal.  With your encouragement s and the tracking...I have a good chance to be successful.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:22 PM

Ok, what would you all suggest for someone who HATES!!!! veggies... I love my beef and Love my creamer in my coffee...lol.. I am doomed...

• | Post Points: 50
Page 18 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use