Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 17 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:54 PM

Leslie, I have'nt seen him in years, what programming did you see him in?  I'd love to see him again.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 12:11 AM

Marie:

Leslie, I have'nt seen him in years, what programming did you see him in?  I'd love to see him again.

I have seen him on Ellen and he does guest appearances on commercials for Jack In The Box restaurants . I love him, so fun, watched him when he was on General Hospital soap opera.  The bought all his exercise tapes.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 12:27 AM

Marie:

Marie,

this is a photo of Richard Simmons from Aug this year.

This is fairly tame compared to some of his recent ensembles. I saw him on "The Doctors" not long ago.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 12:28 AM

Frances:
Leslie,

Over here theres an advert on tv with a fairly large indian man doing the Zumba always looks to me like hes got 4 snakes down his trousers trying to shake them out, if you cant sign up for the class just get the 4 snakes (non poisnous ones)  :-)

lots of love

Francesxx

ROFLOL.

With the Kennebunk scandal "Zumba" takes on a whole new meaning here in southern Maine.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 4:31 AM

Marie:
Patti, that does sound yummy.  Thanks for my first recipe.  Will you have some protein with that?

Yes we did have some spare ribs.  Boiled to get as much fat off as possible, then broiled with a hint of barbeque sauce.  And then a piece no bigger than the size of my palm.   Which is one serving.

I am going to get some fruit tomorrow.  I love mixing fruit with fat free, plain Greek yogurt.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,329
Points 18,745

We are going to my MIL on Tuesday. She always makes a pork loin roast with veggies, sauerkraut, rolls, coleslaw (my DH hates sauerkraut) and desserts, desserts, desserts...lol  I will have a little bit of veggies, pork and sauerkraut. I love the veggies but potatoes and carrots are not great for the type 2 diabetes. :/ I will take a salad with me and if I am still hungry I will have backup.  If I am going to over eat it will be on a salad. I also need to increase my water intake. 

To all that go out tonight, have fun, be safe and please don't drink and drive.  I will be staying home in my PJ's, sewing, watching TV, reminiscing about the past and pondering the future. 

Happy New Years everyone!

LOL@ edit---  QCA wouldn't allow me to shorten sauerkraut with just the "k" word. Too funny!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:23 AM

Lol.... Try creamer to skim milk first.....and then cut back sugar a little at a time...small steps, if u are like me, my coffee is important and I don't like it messed with.  Trust me your body will thank you for getting rid of the preservatives.....

Keep me posted

michelle

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:25 AM

Coffee message in response to silver fox newbie to posting

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400

Hcim55:

Lol.... Try creamer to skim milk first.....and then cut back sugar a little at a time...small steps, if u are like me, my coffee is important and I don't like it messed with.  Trust me your body will thank you for getting rid of the preservatives.....

Keep me posted

michelle

Half and half or whole milk is much healthier -- it's natural without all the preservatives of creamer.  Since I'm diabetic I have to watch carbs and skim milk has the most, plus you use more to get the coffee "white".  I'd suggest going from creamer to half and half and then transition to whole or 2% milk in coffee.  Everyone is different but I've found the best meal plan to be lower carb (ie. low glycemic, similar to the Mediterranean diet) -- cut out all or most of the grains, starchy vegs and sugar and eat protein, low glycemic vegs and fruit (mainly berries) and good fats.  Fat is neutral in weight gain/ loss as long as it is not combined with starchy foods.  But the combination of the two really puts on weight -- ask me how I know! :(

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:28 AM

Well, I started back on protein shakes this morning.  Shakes are more like a meal replacement than protein, I'm with you Brigit, low card is the only thing that works for me, and I feel so much better too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:06 AM

Well after being in the car for about 10 hours yesterday, taking DS to the airport, I now started seriously.  Had cereal with dried cranberries this morning. I need to eat cereal more often.  Then cut back on the constant snacking. I try to drink more water, and I have my coffee black since I had a bad stomach flu.  Tea in the evening prevents me from snacking. Also doing handwork really helps.  So now getting off my tush and walking either outside every day or inside on treadmill. Did we decide a fixed day of the week to all tell our success or bumps in the road to better health?  Sunday or Monday would be good I think IMO

ladies you look all so beautiful! We might be a bit cushy!!! But we all love life.  So each of us will do our best to eat better, move more so we can be here longer. This is the year we get healthy together!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:09 AM

I tried shakes, but they don't work for me. I need something crunchy.  Cereal, toast.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:26 AM

Belfrybat:
I've found the best meal plan to be lower carb (ie. low glycemic, similar to the Mediterranean diet) -- cut out all or most of the grains, starchy vegs and sugar and eat protein, low glycemic vegs and fruit (mainly berries) and good fats.  Fat is neutral in weight gain/ loss as long as it is not combined with starchy foods.  But the combination of the two really puts on weight -- ask me how I know! :(

This is exactly what my doctor has told me.  I will keep that in mind when I go shopping today.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:51 AM

Thanks Michelle, tried just the skim milk this morning, it wasn't too bad but I still love sweet.  Will let you know after a few more days how it's going.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:04 AM

Hello everyone. I am in. My DH and I made the pledge that we will start on the 1st to lose weight. that is a good thing, but i think that for the past two weeks we are "treating" ourselves too much. Ok, get it over with. I love all of the comments here and I don't think at this point I have much to add. If is works like before, we will eat the same stuff, him in larger portions, and he will lose a lot fast and I will be slow.

A few things come to mind. Coffee and tea. At one time I had to have cream and suger. I stopped with the coffee first. Now I prefer it black. The tea took longer but now I like it better just plain. I think the key is to have good coffee and tea, so I use a Keurig and get different flavors and roasts of coffee. I use only the good quality tea. I have also switched to caffine free coffee for anything after noon. I sleep better.

I have to lose 25 pounds. My plan is to go back on WW, without the meetings and weigh ins. That is where this site will come in. WW worked for me and I lost 50 pounds about five ears ago. Now I have let the extra 25 pounds creep back. I can't fit in any of my clothes.

I know that going back to watching portions, getting more exerise and less sugar will help a lot.

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

Page 17 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use