Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 13 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 4:38 PM

Nana:

Candis

I too love pomegranites.  They are a little harder to find here and sometimes are pretty expensive but I just love those little seeds.  I also like persimmons but I can never find those anymore.  My aunt used to have a tree in her backyard but it is long gone.

Sounds like we need a fruit swap. I know persimmons grow good in Oklahoma.  My Grandfather had trees. I never tried them, still haven't maybe that's my next one.  P

• | Post Points: 5
replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 4:46 PM

So how many are cooking Black Eyed Peas for New Years?  I just bought a bag,and have some lean ham left over and frozen from Christmas,  I saved the bone.   I know these are healthy, and so good.   

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
We will, we need all the good luck we can get!!!!

MelodyP

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Okay Guy's I wish you all the luck in the world! While you loose pounds I will be working hard, AGAIN, to stop smoking. I will be going home in January for my Husband's surgery and I will go see my Doc then and start the possess then. Looking forward to success for all.

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:23 PM

Here in the south, the meal for New Years Day is black eyed peas, turnip greens and ham hocks. I eat the peas, bu,t do not like ham hocks or greens. I will eat greens, if they are seasoned  with bacon grease, but...... Not this year!

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Wendy :

Ladies,

I am so proud of you all for taking this challenge to be healthier.

I am preparing the the Ogden half marathon in may. I will be sponsored by Weber State University along with about 100 other women from the Ogden area who have BMI,s of 30 and above. My training begins January 16th. 

Congrats on preparing for the marathon. I may have missed your initial post here since this thread is moving very fast, but what are your weight loss goals?  I hope you are in this with us and not standing outside looking in like the post above seemed to indicate.  (If I misread your intent, then I'm sorry.)

Brigit-Carol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Barbara:

Okay everyone here is my awful fat picture .LOL I'm only 5'3" so I need to loose a lot . I have mutiple health issues and have a hard time standing for long periods of time so my activity is very limited. I'm  to ashamed to tell you all my wt. maybe after I've  take off a few pounds I fold .. Barbara ps, the date on my camera is not right ,It seems to have a mind of its own. I have corrected it so many times I give up ....

Oh Barbara, you are being too hard on yourself.  I'll post a pic on Tuesday -- THEN you will see an "awful fat picture"!  Weight loss can be a real challenge to those with mobility problems, so don't be too critical of yourself.   

Brigit-Carol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Candis:

So how many are cooking Black Eyed Peas for New Years?  I just bought a bag,and have some lean ham left over and frozen from Christmas,  I saved the bone.   I know these are healthy, and so good.   

I wish as I love them!  Unfortunately they are not healthy for diabetics -- too carby unless I take about a 1/4 cup portion.  So please eat a portion for me! :)

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:58 PM

Well ladies, here they are I'm 5"3 and 183lbs

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 6:01 PM

When you look at your pictures, see the person you are inside.For that is the person WE know.  The person you want to be, will be reflected, outside, soon. Just keep constant positive thoughts on this journey we are undertaking. We are all made in God's image. Never forget that.

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 6:04 PM

Candis:

We always have Hopping John which is a mixture of Black Eyed Peas with rice and (ham also left over) on New Years Day along with either Collard or Turnip Greens. This year I think I will add the roasted veggies that were mentioned on an earlier post.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year with a good start on the goal for the year!

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 6:07 PM

Leslie, just want to say I love  the wall hanging in background.

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 6:09 PM

Thanks Bev

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 6:15 PM

Susie, if you like chili with beans you could make you a big pot and buy some pre-packaged salad mix and have you a taco salad and just add enough cheese for added flavor. Just add a few tortilla chips on top.  This is one of our favorites when we want something in a hurry. I don't think that would cost to much because chili will cove several meals. You could have it over a baked potato or just with chips which is what I am having right now.

from TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 6:18 PM

got my bag and some ham hocks, hubby loves those.  I just like one bowl of the peas for luck,  I know it may sound silly but didn't eat them in 2011 and went out looking at houses (we had sold ours and needed to find somewhere to live) and broke my left foot when I stepped off into a sunken living room that I thought was dark flat floor.  spent three weeks getting around without putting weight on that foot and  then tore my right rotator cuff lifting myself off the toilet two weeks later.  Had to have surgery on both, shoulder and foot.  I'm not leaving the house till I've eaten my bowl of black-eyed peas this year, learned my lesson the hard way!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 13 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use