Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 11 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 10

I'm in!!! I've been wanting to get going again also, I had a pinched nerve in my lower back and it was my sciatic with pain all the way down my leg and I worked out every day from 1-2 hours and I was doing so good then I started feeling better and I got lazy so I really want to get going again. My husband has been told he has RA although his doctor hasn't done a blood test. We know it is some kind of arthritis and we would like to find out more specifically although it does seem to be a very light case if it is. Thank you for all you are wanting to do to help with this struggle.. I look forward to knowing you more!

Marsha

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 8:55 AM

Hcim55:

2eggs overlight, cooked with a tad of coconut oil, 1/4 cup Lima beans and a couple spoons of tomatoes with jalapeños on the side.......... Now that was an interesting breakfast.  Lol

Sounds Yummy,

I am having coffee so far, but after reading a post yesterday, I need to seriously keep track of the amount of half & half I use.  I'm sure it adds up.

I think I'll have a simple breakfast, greek yogurt and frozen berries.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 682
Points 12,985
Michelle replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:11 AM

Our local grocery has their brand of non fat half and half that is only 10 calories per TB.  The sugar free creamers are 15 cal per TB. I am saving over 500 calories a day, but I was putting SEVERAL TB of regular creamer in my coffee.   I put a TB measure beside my coffee cup and now I am accountable to the correct amount.  It was hard the first few days, but now I'm used to it and love the ease of still having my coffee, just less calories.  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:44 AM

I know we are all taking pictures to show what we need to do ,but I just have to say Y'all look so cute. I love putting faces to names. I need toget my son to take one of me when he get ups . Be ready for your screens to break ..LOL    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:47 AM

Calling all coffee drinkers....what I am about to write, quite possibly could make me very unpopular but here goes........ If you can work towards drinking coffee with just a little skim milk (organic if you have the means).... No artificial creamers sugars etc..... Much better choice. I did manage to do this....took a little time, but now I can't stand the taste of any rhing else in my coffee. I must admit, however, my most enjoyable cup of coffee is with a nice amount of heavy cream...but.......

of course this doesn't work for lactose intolerant, don't have a solution for that, other than black sorry.....

A reformed sugar-Holic,

michelle

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,288
Points 29,080
Agnes replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:02 AM

Bev :
just please stay safe and don't be out in bad weather or icy conditions!

Thanks. Almost always when I leave the building my small cart goes with me. Safely tucked into the front pocket are the ice treads. Got myself covered. Also, I dress for the weather so unless it is a real blizzard I can stay warm. In a blizzard I stay in. With the room temperature at 72 there are only isolated short time periods in the day when I am not barefoot. I have a hot furnace raging in me most of the time. I was looking at winter clearances yesterday while out shopping. Within minutes I chided myself. I don't need winter clothing other than my outdoor clothes and I am well covered there. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,288
Points 29,080
Agnes replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:06 AM

Bev :
it since it has been said that cinnamon is good for you but not sure why at the moment. 

It is supposed to help control your cholesterol. I mix up my oatmeal with a very liberal amount od cinnamon and a wee bit of salt in my canister. Easy to scope out the required amount to make the oatmeal which is breakfast almost daily.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420
erindipity replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:18 AM

Thank you for the kind words.  While I have been through a lot in the past 18 months, I cannot blame anyone for those things. It is what it is and I have to choose to change the final outcome; not just let it happen.  I know what I need to do and I need to do it.  Drink more water, move more, be accountable.  I am thinking about doing the blog thing (in QCA).  That way I will have a place to write down and post pictures of everything food and quilt related in one place.

Well, I need to get ready to take the grand daughter home and hit the grocery store. Keep on posting, it will keep us motivated!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,288
Points 29,080
Agnes replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:21 AM

What I have done is take my picture facing the mirror. I printed it as a 4x6 on plain paper, folded the paper in half and on the other half I have a chart for date, weight and waist inches. It is in my half size binder under Health . This binder keeps my lists, etc. It is easy to write in while sitting in the easy chair but small enough to take with me in my tote when I go out. On Jan 15 when I visit the doc I will weigh myself on their scales, record it then and there, and then calibrate my home ones so I am in sync. I have estimated the needed amount but am hoping I overshot rather than undershot that amount. The big thing is CLOTHES DON'T LIE and the ones I got when I felt good a year ago and was quite pleased with my weight are now too tight.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420
erindipity replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:21 AM

Cinnamon is supposed to good for diabetics too.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:22 AM

The sun is out, the snow is sparkling like diamonds.  Going snow shoeing with sis today. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:24 AM

Patti have fun.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:48 AM

Ladies,

I am so proud of you all for taking this challenge to be healthier.

I am preparing the the Ogden half marathon in may. I will be sponsored by Weber State University along with about 100 other women from the Ogden area who have BMI,s of 30 and above. My training begins January 16th. 

I want to help each and every one of you on your journey. As a Child Nutritionist, I would like to help by posting resource information.

There are a few things that I would encourage you to do the first two weeks.

TAKE BABY STEPS!!!

First:  Find an online food tracking program.  I use calorie count and super tracker  there are many others out there. I will post a link to another one that is an app for android and i pad as soon as I get it.  Calorie count is great for tracking food, but super tracker is a better program, because it tells you exactly what to do.  I lost 10 pounds in two weeks using super tracker.  The only problem with super tracker is that it is so new it has a weak food base and being a government site it takes for ever for them to add new foods, so I use both.

Second: Take one thing that is not healthy that you use in your diet on a regular basis and stop eating or drinking it.  potato chips, processed white bread, soda pop, sugar, processed meats, fast foods, ready to eat processed meals, ect. ect.

It takes 7 days to make or break a habit and 14 to make it stick.

God bless and healthy eating from here on

Wendy

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 12:56 PM

I had forgotten all about the fact that our Church has a gym. We can come and go. I will ask Pastor Ron if I can get a key or just how the use of it works. His wife walks daily, but all this is 20 miles away. Probably won't get there that much. But I could use it late Weds. before Bible Study, and Thurs. mid day after that BIble Study. And Sunday after Church. That would give me three exercise sessions with machines. Then I can also walk anytime, either here on our road or at the walk path at our park in town. There are just no excuses.

So, I am ready to begin. This mean no more Twizzles, chips and dip, pie, cookies, candy, pizza, ice cream. Wow, This will be hard!! No more cream sauces, cream soups, breads,. Hmmm. Ouch!

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:00 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
So, I am ready to begin. This mean no more Twizzles, chips and dip, pie, cookies, candy, pizza, ice cream. Wow, This will be hard!! No more cream sauces, cream soups, breads,. Hmmm. Ouch!

just remember LaJuan,

BABY STEPS!  If you try to cut  all that out at once, your cravings will win over, and you wont make much progress. 

Page 11 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use