Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 8 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 2:47 PM

Jeannie, I love the quilts you are standing next to and you don't look like you need to loose an ounce.

Hugs

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,228
Points 27,655
Agnes replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 3:40 PM

I took the first step to helping myself this morning. I was going shopping and instead of taking the bus on the corner I walked to the next route. Came back the same way. That gave me almost half an hour of walking I wouldn't have done other wise. Plan is to make this regular routine.I am really working on my will power to control what I eat eat. For me Mind over Matter is very important. I have had a real yen for chocolate covered cherries this holiday season. I bought a small box and am rationing them. If I can keep at that I can do anything. That becomes Positive Thinking,  the other catch words I need to have in front of me.

Together we will be better off in the end. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 4:28 PM

Thanks for the update on Richard S Candis, happy to hear he's still in great shape.  I've been a WW since I was 25, made my goal weight and put it all back on so many times I can't remember how many.  I've never been able to maintain a weight in my life, I'm either going up or going down.  Hope it goes way down this time but then I'll have to learn how to stay there.  Another dream of mine!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 4:33 PM

Linda, we're here to share so if you need to share please do and don't be sorry, we are here to help one another.  

(((((HUGS))))) to everyone!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 4:45 PM

Thanks Marie. Most of my problems come from my car accident that left me with severe nerve damage, spinal damage, osteoperosis, just to name a few. So I try to do what I can when I can. I walk when I'm able. Having Indy is a motivator. He is my therapy dog and recently received his service dog badge. After the holidays we will start training him with things he can help me with. He's a fantastic companion. Now that he's a service dog, he can travel with me too. Woohoo!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 4:48 PM

Debbie:
We have a treadmill, $400 it costs us, and it sits in the bedroom collecting dust and clothes. 

Debbie we have one of those, too.  Used it faithfully for the first 3 weeks we had it, now it just sits there and collects dust.  The grandsons pull all of the blankets off the bed in that room and make forts using the treadmill.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 4:59 PM

Congrats to Indy for getting his service dog badge.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 2,085
Caryl replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 5:00 PM

Patti, that's a wonderful idea to help us all just keep aware of the things we eat.  I'll join your group.  I exercise 2 days a week (1 hr. sit down stuff at a time).  I'm working on a shoulder rehab and need the extra incentive to get my behind out of that chair.  Walking is good so I will make a concentrated effort to do more.  Numbers aren't a incentive for me so I'll look at my clothing now and then and see how I'm doing.  I will report in weekly also, but do we want to have a commitment of a day of the week for sharing?  Time does fly by you know.

Caryl in Buda, TX

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 5:04 PM

OK, here is a front view, and this is after losing 40 lbs. last Spring.  Now for the side view, which is disgusting.

5'5" (used to be 5'6", but this is what age does to you), weighing 217 lbs.  I don't take any weight loss products, but doctor does have me on a thyroid medication.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:06 PM

I guess I got this off on the wrong off. For that I am so sorry. But, seriously, I need help. I eat because there is food. I love food. It means so much to me. Makes me happy, helps when I am sad, and is something to do with I don't want to do anything. Here I am: Standing and sitting.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:10 PM

Leslie :

My problem is not sweets, very seldom eat them.    But now if you tie a big old fatty fried pork chop to the end of a pole you can lead me anywhere,  then add some biscuits and gravy im done for.

Okay now I am craving fried pork chops, mashed potatoes and biscuits and gravy. Do you think if I add collard or turnip greens it will balance that out enough to add pecan pie? lol

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:15 PM

Sukochi,  I think you look wonderful, the one where your standing you look very skinny.    I also love food, I love to cook and try new things,  But it is not good when you eat to make yourself happy,  I find when I am bored, I eat alot more, And I don't know why I should get bored, I have plenty to do, plus I still work.  I think I am just lazy lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:15 PM

My sister is here, and that is always good for me physically.  Healthy food and lots of exercise.  She is older than me, and more fit than when I was in my 30's.

Roasted vegies tonight.  cut up lots of stuff, tonight onion, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, sweet potato.  Put them in a baking dish.  Dribble some olive oil on top.  Basil.  Then in the oven at 400 degrees, for maybe an hour and stirring occasionally.  Soooooo yummy.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:22 PM

I was put on a diet by my family doctor in 2004. Lost 58 pounds. I ate oatmeal for breakfast. had a handful of almonds and some berries for a mid morning snack. Lunch was a large salad with dark green leaves. I used the Spring Mix salad, added tomato, celery, cucumbers, green peppers and a lite vinegritte dressing. Mid afternoon was more almonds and berries. For dinner, I ate white meat (chicken or pork) grilled, baked and broiled. Another large salad and a green veggie, I ate broccoli. Then after 6 p.m. NO MORE FOOD. Could only drink water. That was it. I lost 5 pounds of water weight in the first week.  By the end of week two, I was 10 pounds down. I continued to lose like that until about two months in. Then the weight loss stopped, dead. So,  I figured my body was at the weight it was supposed to be at. So, I figured that, now, I could eat whatever I wanted and my body would just stay where it was happy. Well, guess what? It didn't work that way. I went from 158 to 220. In what seemed like a heartbeat. Been up and down since then.

Of course, I know I got a head start with this recent surgery. But, now I can eat almost regularily again. Now, 'I am on steriods for my hives, again, too. Steriods, in case you don;t know, give you a non-stop appetite. I have seen my appetite go crazy in the past week. I literrally eat till I get sick. This is not good. So, I will go back to the good eating, and walk and do the chair situps that donna recommended. They make your legs so strong. I have my grilfriend doing them, too, She just loves it. I start with 10, again.

I ask you all to hold me accountable if I do not lose weit\ght. I will be totally truthful about my eating hapbits and exercise. This is a must.

This morning I weighted 156.8. I am 5'5"' tall. So, here we go.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,532
Points 22,990
Susie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:22 PM

Oh my goodness!  I am soooo glad that I'm not the only one that is addicted to eating.  It was suggested to me at one point to try to eliminate "white" foods...potatoes, rice, bread.  I tried it for one day and went crazy. I'm a carb-o-holic and tend to get really cranky when I don't get enough of them.  I have low thyroid (taking drugs for them) and borderline high cholesterol that I am able to control with diet (ha!) and exercise (double ha!)

I love oatmeal, and as long as I have either oatmeal or PB&J on toast for breakfast, I'm good for a couple hours.  Anything else and I'm hungry (I think) within an hour.  I have good quality protein powder and try to make smoothies with frozen fruit, yogurt and a splash of milk.  They are not good, but not much else I can do to get enough protein.  I have both chocolate and strawberry.  If I mix the chocolate with peanut butter and toss in a banana, I can handle it.

After weighing myself on a home scale that isn't completely accurate, I'm 185.  As long as I continue to use the same scale, I'll be ok.  But at 5' short, that's way too much weight for my bum knee.  No wonder it's hurting all the time.

UGH!  So...time to find my tapes and get them ready so I can sound like a whole herd of elephants to the poor people below me.  UGH! 

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 8 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use