Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 4 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 4:08 PM

Annie:

Can I still be part  if I choose to opt out  of the FQ's?

Annie, I'm sure you will but we'll wait for Patti to say.  There are a few of us who don't want to get into the FQ thing.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 1,060
Jereena replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 4:12 PM

I am joining too. I was looking for a weight loss group for motivation. Never thought it would be a quilting group. I want to lose about 10 lbs by June 2013. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 4:57 PM

It was just a thought, that I have since re-thought. It would just not work in this situation. Besides being very expensive with all those signing up. SO, LET FORGET THE FAT QUARTERS.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 5:07 PM

Barbara:

I would like to do this as well ,ONly problem is my exercise will be limited as I have very bad knees and  with osteoarthritis and neuropathy inmy feet from Chemo treatments .I can not stand for long periods of time . but I can sure use the diet and my food intake is awful .  Some days I only eat one meal and of course, is always the wrong stuff. LOL   

Barbara,

try gentle yoga. You don't have to be able to do all the crazy poses just do what's comfortable. The goal is activity. Search YouTube for beginner exercises. You can also get one of those cycle things that you can use while seated. It is motorised so it helps you pedal. This was a big help after my knee surgeries.

Due to my own physical problems the doctor has only approved yoga and walking on a rubberised track. No impact exercises for me. I loved step aerobics but those days are behind me.

I'll be offering words of encouragement to the group.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 5:29 PM

I did not know this was going to be a competition so I will just sit on the couch and be a bystander and cheer you guys on !  Go Team (whatever you name the group)! lol

from TN

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 5:29 PM

I'm planning on following a low carb, healthy protein diet with walking as my exercise.  My dogs will love it too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 5:31 PM

Jeanine:

I don't like working with the Groups.  It is harder to get to and I tend to never check in on them.  I would like it to stay in the forums.

You can subscribe to the group so you don't miss the discussions. I find things get buried quickly in the general forums.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 5:51 PM

Bev :

I did not know this was going to be a competition so I will just sit on the couch and be a bystander and cheer you guys on !  Go Team (whatever you name the group)! lol

Bev, I don't think Patti, means for this to be  competition, so please join in.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 17,560

I'm thinking about joining, but would prefer this be in the regular forums - probably off-topic.  If we are posting often, the thread shouldn't get buried.  I tend to use the "new posts" feature and find the groups are a bit of a pain to go to as you have to open each one separately.

I lost down to my goal (145 - 150) four years ago but have steadily gained and this morning was 176 and I'm only 5'4".  Horrors!  So, I'll participate if this stays in the forums, otherwise I'll cheer everyone on.

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:03 PM

Bev :

Bev, this is my fault. I should not have brought up the idea of using fat quarters, as a prize for the biggest loser. You are right, this is not a competition, except within yourself .You are competing with your helath vs. your unhealty lifestyle and eating habits.

I know that I might have to lose only  23 lbs. But, to me,right now, that is an overwhelming task.  However, I am an eater for the sake of eating. I LOVE FOOD. And, spend to much time sitting on my hind end on this machine. That is why I want to do this. To help me listen and see lose in others. Read what you are doing that could help me or vise versa. Don't ever pass up a chance to better yourself. You are worth it. And, will be healthier for it.  : }

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:24 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
How about a monthly gift of a "fat" quarter for that month's biggest loser?

This is not a contest.  it is only to encourage each other with striving for better health.  The only prize is improved health, and just plain feeling good.  I know when I have attempted to lose weight before, I started feeling good long before reaching my goal.  Just feeling like I am moving in the right direction, feels good.

And I really don't want this to be a group.   I need my encouragement up front.  And groups become dormant sometimes for long periods of time, and easily avoided.   If I see something happening regularly, it will help keep me motivated.  And if it is a group, someone needs to be leader, and that may take more responsibility, and possibly liability than anyone wants.

I am encouraged already by everyone who wants to participate.  Whether they post of just follow along.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:26 PM

Patti, i agree, lets just keep it in the forums

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:32 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
How about a monthly gift of a "fat" quarter for that month's biggest loser?

This is not a contest.  The only prize is improved health and feeling good. 

Nor will it become a group.  That would take more responsibility and possibly more liability than anyone wants. 

Everything is optional, posting wt and pictures are not required.  Choose what may be the most helpful to you.  I need accountability, and encouragement when I lose my motivation.  I need my friends. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 5,495
Yvonne replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:32 PM

I like the idea of this challenge--oh boy, do I ever need to lose about 30 lbs!  Count me in.  Encouragement and accountability needed!!!

Renton Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:36 PM

Sounds great Patti.

[Ava, Missouri

Page 4 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use