Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 3 of 86 (1286 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,384
Points 175,243
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 1:52 PM

I'm no good with commitment either but I'll give it a go for a month.  I'll have to be on the honor system though, there's no way in h--l I'll admit to my current weight.  Suffice it to say, I'm as wide as I am tall!  YIKES!  I'll skip the fat quarter, just don't put me on the list.  I have soooo much fabric that it won't be an incentive at all.  As far as a pic, just add 15 lbs. to my avatar pic.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 1:58 PM

Bev :

Erin:

Will you start an actual group or will all the posts be posted here?

I was wondering that too, Patti

I don't like working with the Groups.  It is harder to get to and I tend to never check in on them.  I would like it to stay in the forums.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 2:02 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
How about a monthly gift of a "fat" quarter for that month's biggest loser?

I would probably not participate in the FQ part of the challenge.  I am too busy to keep up with that and have too much fabric to care if I win or not.  This should be optional.

I use a free website/app that is really good at tracking what you eat, your exercise and more if anyone is interested in it.  It helps you set up  how many calories you need based on your weight, height, amount of exercise, age and how much weight you want to lose per week. 

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 2:04 PM

Marie:

I'm no good with commitment either but I'll give it a go for a month.  I'll have to be on the honor system though, there's no way in h--l I'll admit to my current weight.  Suffice it to say, I'm as wide as I am tall!  YIKES!  I'll skip the fat quarter, just don't put me on the list.  I have soooo much fabric that it won't be an incentive at all.  As far as a pic, just add 15 lbs. to my avatar pic.

I think I am with you on the picture thing.  And even the weight.  But I will post my loss or gains and what my goal pounds to lose is.  I'm thinking of joining WW again, too, in January.  Maybe I'll actually do it this year!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,483
Points 24,745
Debbie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 2:21 PM

weighed myself this morning and gained back the three lbs I lost before Christmas, BUMMER!!  I'm at 190, most I have ever weighed and need to lose in the worst way, everything is going wrong so it is no longer an option!!  will post a picture tomorrow. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 3:14 PM

Barbara, you can do lots of exercises sitting in a chair.  In fact, I think chair walking is more strenuous than walking standing on your feet...lol!  Have you ever seen "Sit and Be Fit" on PBSTV?  You might try googling it. There might be shows available online that you could watch for other ideas.  (We've been doing five to ten minutes of chair walking and chair exercises all of December with our Senior Exercise Group and they are loving it!)

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 3:17 PM

Count me in too.  I just cancelled my Weight Watchers Membership.  Heck, if I can do the same thing with this group, then I can put that money towards fabric.  What a great idea!.

Are we starting January 1st?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 3:20 PM

OK, I'm in, with or without the fat quarters.  Just weighed myself, fully clothed and after having eaten breakfast and lunch, a healthy 217.2 lbs.  I started last January at 259 and dieted through the Spring, but quit after about June.  I am happy to say that I have only gained 4 lbs back in the ensuing 6 months.  So I am ready to start again in January.  I used MyFitnessPal.com to keep a food and exercise diary.  I didn't work out except for things like mowing the lawn, gardening, etc., which were above and beyond my normal daily activities.  I moved my ironing board to the opposite end of the house, and walk to the ironing board to press quilting pieces after each piece is completed.  Using a pedometer that this added an extra 5 miles to my walking nearly everyday when I was really in the quilting mode.  I think it's time to start again as I would like to drop another 50 lbs. this year, and maybe at least 10-15 before Branson.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 3:43 PM

Karla:
 I am happy to say that I have only gained 4 lbs back in the ensuing 6 months.

Wow Karla, way to go, good job and what a great start!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 104
Points 1,780
Bandmama replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 3:44 PM

I'd like to lose with you all too!  I've not gotten on the scale in the last few months and thrown all caution to the wind so it will be baaaaaad.  I truly need to cook more healthy foods for my little family though and seriously get away from the fast food lines not only for the weight but just eating healthier.  I'll hop on the scale in the morning and report back -

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 3:45 PM

I think the 1st of Jan. is agood starting date, I don't care about the fat quarters, thyat is what i am hoping to loose lol.   I will post my weight and pic as soon as patti, gets this all settled, 

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 3:50 PM

Can I still be part  if I choose to opt out  of the FQ's?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,353
Points 37,030
Linda replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 3:51 PM

Linda:

OK I'm in, but the only excerise I'm allowed is walking and I'm sure Indy will love it. Right now it has  to be walking in the house because we can't find the sidewalks due to the snow!!!! The doctor and my caregiver  have been after me to loose weight...about 40 lbs. Most of my weight gain is from all the meds tho. Playing with Indy I have managed to loose a few pounds lately. My beginning weight naked is 159 lbs. I just weighed myself a couple days ago. I'll have to have my neighbor come take a photo of me...fully clothed of course.

Good luck everyone. I pray we all meet our goals. Happy New Year!

Hugs.

Here's my photo at 159 lbs.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,384
Points 175,243
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 4:01 PM

Leslie :
I don't care about the fat quarters, thyat is what i am hoping to loose

ROFLMAO  Me too!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,384
Points 175,243
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 4:05 PM

Linda, I love your little fuzzy pal posing beside you, he's a cutie.  How tall are you?

Millbury, MA

Page 3 of 86 (1286 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use