Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 2 of 86 (1286 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:06 AM

Patti, do you want us all to take before pics and post them here with are weight?

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,170
Angele replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:08 AM

Ok, this was the kick in the pants I needed. I would like to be part of this group.  I need to lose 30-40 pounds.  My knees are suffering, and I don't like where my energy is going.  Up here it is almost dark when I get home, but I will be able to walk at least four times a week.  I am usually exhausted when I get home from school. It's so much easier to do nothing than to get dressed again and go out.  I think being accountable to you my friends, will be the kick in the pants I needed to get going.  I will weigh myself tomorrow.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,406
Points 37,960
Linda replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:31 AM

OK I'm in, but the only excerise I'm allowed is walking and I'm sure Indy will love it. Right now it has  to be walking in the house because we can't find the sidewalks due to the snow!!!! The doctor and my caregiver  have been after me to loose weight...about 40 lbs. Most of my weight gain is from all the meds tho. Playing with Indy I have managed to loose a few pounds lately. My beginning weight naked is 159 lbs. I just weighed myself a couple days ago. I'll have to have my neighbor come take a photo of me...fully clothed of course.

Good luck everyone. I pray we all meet our goals. Happy New Year!

Hugs.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:51 AM

Leslie :
Patti, do you want us all to take before pics and post them here with are weight?

That is optional.  I just plan to do it to help me be accountable.  If anyone is worried about the picture being public post a picture without your face.  As this website is open to the public.  Yes I think I will leave my head out.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:59 AM

Patti, that is so funny ,I can just see all these pictures headless. Then we can have a contest  of guess who's body this is ..LOL   

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:04 AM

I think I will use a Victoria secret models head, since the will never be a chance of having one of their bodies my legs are too short lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:08 AM

Leslie heck with the head ,I'm gonna use the body ...LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:11 AM

Barbara:

Leslie heck with the head ,I'm gonna use the body ...LOL  

LOL you have a point

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,317
Points 18,415

Count me in! I won't be starting until January 1st though.  I will allow a picture to be taken of me on New Years Day and post it. I need to lose A LOT of weight, 75 at least but 100 would be great!  I am limited as well on exercising because of joint pain and neuropathy in my feet from chemo. I hope that if i get moving and lose some of this weight I gained after treatments that my joints will ease up some and I can eventually do more.

Will you start an actual group or will all the posts be posted here?

Good luck everyone!!!!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:46 AM

The extent of my exercising just includes walking because of bad knees. I am a fair weather walker so unless it is nice outside I just do some timed 5 or 10 minute walks in the house you know back and forth  it doesn't take long to get your 30 minutes a day in that way. I also "try" to walk during commercials. I have some 3 and 5 lb. weight I should use more often for my flabby arms so I need to try to do better with that. I am hoping this will give me the push I need to get up off my tush and lose the pounds I need for better health. 

from TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:48 AM

Erin:

Will you start an actual group or will all the posts be posted here?

I was wondering that too, Patti

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 10:24 AM

I weigh, today, 12-28-12:  157.6   But, as I weight daily, twice a day, (which you sould NEVER do), I vary between 156 -159.   I am 5'5". There is a website you can go to that will calculate the hearthy weight recommendations for you..   www.healthstats.com    This is the wieght range for me:

According to your height of 5' 5" your ideal healthy weight is 134 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 119 and 149 pounds. 

So, I need to lose, at least 23 lbs.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 11:32 AM

I would like to join this weight loss group, as the group motivation will keep me going. I lost 50 pounds 5 years ago and gained 40 back. I was on a diet in the fall, lost over 10 pounds gained some back. So Im hoping this will help me stick with it. I will start after the 1st as we will be out of town until then. My Dr. is in favor of my losing 50 pounds.  Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 12:18 PM

How about a monthly gift of a "fat" quarter for that month's biggest loser? One fat quarter from each participant. You drop out and you just don't send them, anymore. Perhaps, we should set Jan. 1 as the beginning. So, all are ready and it will be the first of a month. Easier to keep up with.  And, weigh first thing in the morning, without clothes, on the first day of each month.

Patti, would you like to handle this? Have eveyone pm you with their addresse and give us yours. Then, when the end of a month gets here, the fat quarter is awarded. This would give more incentive, but, it must only be weight loss done in a healthy way. Caloric intake and exercise. No fast weight loss programs or diets allowed, no weight loss drugs, just plian healthy eating and exercise of your choice. You can do what ever type exercise, you are physically able, and doctor approved, to do.

Lets get ready to start getting healthy on Jan 1, 2013.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 1:23 PM

Okay ive weighed myself 215lbs (geez im only used to weighing myself in stones it seems a lot less then)

No photo im afraid, if you just picture in your mind a lithesome Grace Kelly then you couldnt be more wrong :-)

lots of love

Francesxx

PS Sukochi you know me well enough now to know that if anyones going to come up with a smart a*** remark its bound to be me.

Page 2 of 86 (1286 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use