Storing Your Stash

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 43 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Before the remodel, Nancy, I would have told you your fabric was just fine since it didn't get any indirect light. When I was putting my fabric away, I did notice that much of it had faded and/or discolored - and my space is in the basement with not even very much indirect light! My suggestion would be if you really love a piece, get it into something or behind a curtain to save it. If you really don't care, it's probably fine. In all fairness, I'd had some of this fabric for 10 years or so.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Mon, Jan 25 2010 1:57 PM

Wow, Helly!! Looks like you can quilt to your hearts content!! You have a very neat and desireable looking sewing room!!  Kudo's!!!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,708
Points 248,357
Thea replied on Tue, Jan 26 2010 6:40 PM

Helly, Do you have an extra bedroom!  Maybe I could move in with Edith!  Live up there 6 months out of the year - do you think DH would miss me...lol  I would love to be in your quiting studio and learn to Long arm quilt from Edith... can i can i can i...lol  I promise to be a good quilter...quiet as a mouse...tabatha and i will get along great!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,665

All my backing & printed fabric stash is stored in the closet. I have storage containers for themes..kids, christmas etc I also have certain containers for quilts I am collecting certain fabric for...garden quilt,xmas wall hangings, halloween, cat quilt...quilts i want to make-the pattern I want to use for these are also stored in those containers so i don't forget what i had in mind when i actually get around to starting that project.

Rack for all my ribbon on inside of closet dr.-picked this rack up for a 1.00 at the local thrift store.

All my solid color stash stored in these rubbermaid drawers.

I got a free red 32 gallon trash can from ace hardware-all my batting & filler is stored in there and it slides under my cutting table.

just thought I would share.

sorry I don't post as often as I used to..when the board went through maintenace i stopped recieving e-mails-at first it bothered me but soon realized i was getting so much done done not being on the computer as much..promise i will check in every now & then...I miss all the chatting.

dee

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:55 AM

dee, i've missed your comments.   i need to get a ribbon door.    that's a great idea.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Dee--

Great organization.  I've missed "hearing" from you, too.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 27 2010 12:12 PM

Dee

Love the ribbon door.  Miss hearing from you.  Glad to see you back.  Have a great day.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Thanks for the pictures and the update, Dee. I thought maybe you were in LV. I, too, have missed your posts.

Gillette, WY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Thu, Mar 18 2010 8:06 PM

Dee and Helly,

Wish I had your stash! Thanks for the photos. I have only been quilting for 2 years and just starting to collect a stash.

Toledo, OH

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Thu, Mar 18 2010 9:38 PM

Kossmore

Believe me when I say it doesn't take long to accumulate quite a stash.  And then it just keeps multiplying somewhat like rabbits.....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 124
Points 2,480
Applik replied on Mon, Apr 19 2010 10:07 AM

Sharon I know this is late for your forum but I haven't had much time for computer lately.

I go to fabric stores, ask for their throw away cardboard things that they throw out after fabric is exhausted on that bolt. It helps them with recycling and helps me more as I can keep my fabrics on bolt so I know what fabrics I have and can see fabric easily for my next project. The bolts also keep your fabrics wrinkle free after washing them. 

I collect the cardboard bolts and keep them lined up in closet for future use when I feel the need for more insulation for my house (fabric shopping)

I'm a Fabri-holic and I have many material witnesses to prove it

http://cyberspacemonkeyis.shawwebspace.ca

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Mon, Apr 19 2010 11:22 AM

Applik, I too get the bolts from the fabric store.  My DH made me a shelf unit that is just the right size for them to slip into so I can see the fabric without having to dig.

Paris, Ontario

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Mon, Apr 19 2010 11:31 AM

Helen,  An absolutely beautiful quilt studio!!  I wish mine could be that size but I'll make due with what I have.  Thanks for sharing!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

How cool Helly. You live in a LQS. Wow!

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use