Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti Posted: Wed, Dec 26 2012 5:21 PM

This year our annual challenge will last all year.  A chance to win every month.  Below tells about the challenge.  It is also posted as a 'page' in the UFO Group if you need it as a reference.  To find the UFO group, click on groups.  It may be on page 2 of groups.  Remember to join the group if you haven't done so before. 

In 'discussions' is a thread for posting January UFO before and after photos. 

2013 UFO Challenge

UFO is defined as not having been touched for at least 6 months, OR was started more than one year ago.  (in January that would be a project that has not been touched since July or was started before Jan 2012.    In March that would be a project not touched since Oct or started prior to March 2012.)

At a minimum, the majority of the fabric must have been cut by those dates.  All sewing should have been done by you, with the exception of block exchanges, round robins, or row quilts, where you have done an amount equal in exchange with the other participants.

There will be 2 stages of completion, that will count separately.

Stage 1: top is completed, including borders.

Stage 2: project is complete including quilting, binding and any embellishment.  The quilting must have been done by the contestant, either machine or hand quilting.  Tying does not count.

For this challenge we will be counting only quilts, wall hangings, table runners and toppers,  or  complete set of  place mats.  Minimum size of the project will be 48 x 60 inches or equivalent.  If counting a combination of projects to reach the minimum, the projects must either be a set, or each of the projects meeting the UFO definition. above.

Prizes:  All who complete a project in the month will be entered in a monthly raffle.   Prizes will be 12 fat quarters (FQs will be a variety and not necessarily match), or a fabric collection,  a jelly roll, or  charm packet.  No participant can win more than one monthly raffle, (unless everyone that month has already won one!)  At 6 and 12 months, all those who completed a UFO every month will be entered in an additional raffle.

Participants are asked to donate fat quarters, or other fabric collections to be offered as prizes.  You can private message me for the address.  I will keep everyone informed if more is needed, or if we have enough for all the prizes.  (As I have had several offers of donations, so if you are unable to donate, you name can still be entered in the raffle.  I know some of you have a very tight budget.)

To enter:  We will take one month at a time.  Please only post one project you plan to complete that month.  It's OK If in the middle of the month, you change your mind about what project you want to complete.  Or projects can take more than a month.  You must post a before and after photo to be entered into the raffle.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 7:38 AM

Count me in.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 8:59 AM

I'd love to do this, I have 3 log cabin wreath wll hanging/lap quiolts that I started 4 years ago and would like to complete this year.  Will post pictures shortly.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,452
Points 176,408
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 9:16 AM

Patti, I'm going to be a cheerleader so I won't join the challenge, BUT, I will send a fat quarter to the winner each month.  I'll be working on some UFO's at my own pace, snail probably, but I will work on them and post when finished.  If I just get one done next year I'll be happy.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Man, I should have done this last year - I finished about 7 or 8 UFO's

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use