LOL Marie, I don't move too fast, so won't be much of a challenge lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,363
Points 242,417
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 7:55 PM

Marie - I am glad you can wrestle - I can't at all so not taking on any of them.  I read all the articles about the frixion pens and yes - I have to agree if you do all those things to it - then yes - it will leave a ghost mark as they say... but I am not going to freeze any of my quilts and from what I have seen it works great for me... I don't know about anyone else - but I have quilts hanging all around me that I have used the pen on and I don't see any ghost marks - when I first heard this I did check them out.  

I guess today was just a real bad day for me - we have had this discussion about the frixion pens on here before and I felt it was discussed before and guess that is what I was commenting with the whoop lah statement - 

It is a great pen and works great for me!  With the chemicals - I guess I could care less about that too - I do not prewash but I do wash all my quilts as soon as that last stitch goes into the binding.  I do know that fabrics locked up in plastic bins that haven't been opened for a while stink when you open them from the chemicals used.  I know my hands get filthy dirty when I work with my fabrics and I am constantly washing them... irritates me that they get dirty from the fabric - but I still don't wash them ahead of time cuz I don't want to take the time to iron and put stabilizer back in them to be able to cut them accurately... just my way of doing it... not complaining.  

The pens make my life so much easier and for my hand embroidery I don't have to worry about covering up a pencil line or worrying about whether anyone can see it or not.  I did some tests of my own when I first got the pens and had real good results from it - but no I did not put it in the freezer - I don't think I have to worry about that.  Washing the quilts gets all the chemicals out and so there shouldn't be any ghost left... but we shall see what my GGGrandkids see in the future...teehee...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,388
Points 175,308
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 8:33 PM

Thea, I use the pens as well and I also tested them.  I even left the marks on the fabric for at least a week and then ironed,the marks came right off, then I put the piece in the freezer over night, there were no marks that re-appeared.  Since there is talk about them again I will research and test again and will let you know how it goes this time.  I have a red pink and purple and have used them all, hope my testing and researching doesn't turn up anything negative because they are a dream come true for a quilter.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 9:15 PM

Thea:
but no I did not put it in the freezer - I don't think I have to worry about that

Hmmm, and who said she is moving to Minnesota?  LOL Just kidding.  I love these pens.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 1:38 AM

Kris

If it is archival grade ink then it shouldn't hurt fabrics no matter how many years it lasts on the fabric.  I will continue to use mine just like always.  So far I haven't had any problems.  I also use the lightest color possible for what I am marking.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:56 AM

I do like the pens, but I am selective as to where I use them.  If possible I will use them on the wrong side,

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 7:14 AM

THanks Kris , that is great info to know . as I didn't think about looking that up . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 7:16 AM

OMG Marie ,I can just picture you in one of those Old wrestling outfilts looking mean ,I'd have to burst out laughing ..LOL   

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 7:22 AM

YOu know I think we have all put in some great information here ,now it just up to each person  if you use these pens or not. I like mine so I'll "keep on trucking " with  them.I hope everyone will keep us informed if they do have problems  then we can all either test it or say  Ok I"ll keep it in mind .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:16 AM

I will never make another negative comment about these pens again, I promise

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:31 AM

Oh Leslie that's ok you are allow to voice your concerns . You had a problem and it was a serious one to you so nothing worng with that.  Others may as well . I myself have no problem with you letting us know . so please don't feel bad .I don't think anyone was blaming you . I sure didn't  .It is good information to know .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 11:56 AM

leslie, these are the kinds of things we need to know so we can make an informed decision on what products to use. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 12:01 PM

Marie:
. I'm getting too old to wrestle two people to the ground these days.

i don't believe it,  wasn't it just last spring that you were wrestling two grown hunks down on the beach?  to get a picture?   i bet you use tai kwon do to bag them. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,750
Points 364,892
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 1:13 PM

gini:

Marie:
. I'm getting too old to wrestle two people to the ground these days.

i don't believe it,  wasn't it just last spring that you were wrestling two grown hunks down on the beach?  to get a picture?   i bet you use tai kwon do to bag them. 

LOL. Marie she got you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,363
Points 242,417
Thea replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 1:20 PM

Leslie - I love what you wrote so please don't think in any way that I was at any time upset - I was not!!!  I love good throught provoking discussions and love that people gave their opinions about the pens.  I know I have had no problems with them but will be wary with them but still use them as I have no reason not to.  I thank you for being honest and talking about it - please never feel that saying your opinion on here casues any problems... oh my... if it did... I would be 7 feet under by now - notice I did not say 6 but added a foot...teehee...

Page 5 of 7 (94 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use