Dorothy Hodges

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 5:17 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Kris, Pigma pens are permanent ink. What about the lines on the finished product?

You sew on the lines, they don't show in the finished product. You need a permanent ink that won't discolour your thread as it passes through.

• | Post Points: 5
replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 5:18 PM

dihodges@verizon.net:

love those pens  when i am dead and gone it wont matter to me  lol

LOL!  So True!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 5:19 PM

Barbara:
I have been using these pens for over a year,and I have no problem with them,first why would I put my fabric in the freezer,? I sure don't want them cold. LOL  Second I don't press the ink hard enough when I mark ,I 'm sorry but I have not had a problem with the ink coming back. I love these pens and will continue to use them without fear.

The point is that the ink is never really gone even if you can't see it. The chemicals are still present. You don't know what it will do to your fabric years from now.

If you have an heirloom you don't want the chemical destroying it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 5:21 PM

Thea:
So if you use them correctly you don't have a problem.

Technically, using them on fabric is not correct usage. They were made for paper.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 5:24 PM

thanks Kris ,I do understand about the chemicals ,but it really can't be any worse then those of the manufacturer put in the fabric  ,as Gini  is always saying .Regardless I do like the pens and will still use them I'll just keep making my lines light and keep hope ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 5:43 PM

Kris, excuse me, I am the trouble maker on this aisle. I am the cause of the firxion, so go somewhere else with your unpopluar opinion. I think there is a space in asile What Are You Doing Today.  Meanwhile, clean up on asile Frixion!! I think I was just sqaushed like a bug.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 5:46 PM

OK, aisle. I don't know what an "a sile" is. This aisle is CLOSED for clean-up.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

Marie:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Excuse, CC,  you ARE in the hot seat. Feel the burn??? Are you saying that Leslie, (notice I put HER name first), and I are boring? Where did you put that canon! Got any balls left?

Here we go again!  Not going to touch that one.  :  )

Me either Marie LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

dihodges@verizon.net:

love those pens  when i am dead and gone it wont matter to me  lol

So true :) BTW, I wanted to say Hi and nice to meet you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 5:49 PM

Sukochi, ROFLMAO,   I tried not laugh sorry.   You were just passing on some helpful info.   as I said I had a problem the last time I used mine   (and I do know how to use it correctly) so don't worry about it I'm not.      every one has their own feelings about the pens.  I always like them too, until it ruined alot of hard work I had put into what I was working on.   so don't give it another thought

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 5:50 PM

Welcome Dorothy

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 5:57 PM

Oh, goodness, girl, don't take me seriously. I am just joshin'.  Had too much sweet tea today, I'd say.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 6:35 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Kris, excuse me, I am the trouble maker on this aisle. I am the cause of the firxion, so go somewhere else with your unpopluar opinion. I think there is a space in asile What Are You Doing Today.  Meanwhile, clean up on asile Frixion!! I think I was just sqaushed like a bug.

LOL. too funny. No trouble makers here. I love spirited discussions. We've found another great non quilting product that works for some of us in what we do. 

I'm glad it was brought up.

Barbara:
thanks Kris ,I do understand about the chemicals ,but it really can't be any worse then those of the manufacturer put in the fabric  ,as Gini  is always saying .Regardless I do like the pens and will still use them I'll just keep making my lines light and keep hope ..

I agree Barbara. I don't worry about the chemicals used to treat fabric so I don't pre wash. But I do wash my finished quilts.

I don't know why I didn't think of it before but I visited Pilot's website and viewed their frequently asked questions. They claim that their pens have archival safe ink. No harsh chemicals. So if you like them, you should be good to go.

I think this is good info to help newbies decide if they want to use these pens or not. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 7:47 PM

Yep, me too Leslie.  I can't take you both, one at a time maybe.  :  ). I'm getting too old to wrestle two people to the ground these days.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 65
Page 4 of 7 (94 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use