Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380
Kristin (KAlbrecht) Posted: Tue, Dec 25 2012 8:51 AM

Does anybody else have problems logging in to the QCA website with a Windows 8 machine running I.E. 10?

I am writing this on my Windows 7 machine, running I.E. 9 ....... I cannot get in at all using my other machine (8/10).

I exchanged several emails with customer service to no avail.

Please reply here if you have had similar problems.

Thanks.

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 11:14 AM

Kristin,I use 9 I didn't know 10 was even out yet . but I don't have any problems other then the site is slow at times ,but they are suppose to be getting a new server here soon . Hope you get it worked out . B arbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Are you running Windows 8 or Windows 7 ?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 8:34 AM

I have windows 7 on my computers ,Just missed out on 8 ,but Not sure I like the 8 from what I"ve seen on the tv. I have enough problems with those darn touch screens on my phone and Kindle .LOL 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 70

Same here. Can't log in. Customer Service reset my password, but didn't help. I get to where it shows my avatar but only says when I joined. If I try to go to any premium areas it wants me to join as a premium member. I am running Windows 8, IE 10 same as you.

I downloaded Google Chrome web browser and have no trouble at all logging in. That is how I am responding to your post. Must be a not compatibility problem with QCA's website and IE 10.

I also had a problem with QNNTV. Had to open IE 10 from the desktop in order to view videos, rather than through the new metro interface. 

Hope it gets fixed soon. It's a pain to have to use a different browser just to log in fully to this site.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,243
Points 239,777
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 1:41 PM

There is a fix for this - but for the life of me right now I can't remember what it is - I remember it is really simple though and is under the Internet Explorer Options - you click on that and go to Properties - and then you have to click one item that isn't clicked right now... but I can't remember which one - and I don't use IE anymore so didn't use it... I use Google Chrome... But if QCA Admin is reading this, ask Philip if he still works for QCA - he will know - or have someone call him - he will remember what it is.  I do not have the time today to figure it out as I am doing last minute packing and cleaning for the trip... it will come to me on the road I am sure!  I tried to remember and looked at the settings but it didn't refresh my memory... 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 25

I am having the same issue, had password and user name reset ,,but I can't log in on my HP laptop with Windows 8.. It shows the Avatar but it won't let me do anything else. I will be watching to see if someone can help.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

For the time being I downloaded Google Chrome.  That in itself has it's own issues but at least I can log into QCA.

I am still playing with I.E. to play with settings to find the right configuration.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use