Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna Posted: Sun, Dec 23 2012 11:38 PM
Hi All! I haven't been on line very much this past week. Last Monday was DH 60th birthday. His day got special early on when #1 son showed up at the door at 8:00 am. He had flown in from Arkansas to surprise his dad on his big day. Later that day, the 3 sons told their dad that they were taking us out for dinner and the fun began. A few weeks earlier his #2 son and I planned a surprise party for him knowing he would not have agreed to have one. We invited a bunch of his hot rod buddies (a story in itself) and a few other friends to a local pizza place. Altogether there were around 24 people, wives included, expected. DH was truly surprised (and told me later he was touched) that so many fellow hot rodders came to honor him. He's well known in these parts. One buddy's car that DH had built has been featured in a national magazine. But I digress... The next day a sister and BIL drove from upstate and on another ruse the boys told him we were going out to dinner again and we met up at a cousin's house. (She's a long armer.) Another meal and cake and some games. We didn't get home well after 11:00 pm. Yawn. The rest of the week has flown by. Today is my aunt's 90th BD. She's been going through boxes and boxes of old photographs and 'doesn't have time to fool with that scrap booking thing' so I got her a big album in which to place them. Yesterday I took my youngest sister a miniature tree with lights and mini ornaments. She's undergoing cancer treatment and will be in the hospital until after the 1st of the year. We'll be taking Christmas to her this year. And God willing she'll still be with us next Christmas. Now, my dear, new quilty friends, Christmas Eve is upon us and we will soon celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus. And with that , I wish each and every one of you and yours a Blessed and Merry Christmas and look forward to being online with you again soon. {{{{{Hugs,}}}}} Donna in Oregon
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:06 AM

Enjoy your time with family, Donna.  Merry Christmas!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,869
gini replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 3:00 AM

my goodness, you've been busy,   have a merry christmas

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 4:21 AM

Donna, A very Merry Christmas to you

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,035
Points 13,170

Merry Christmas!  It has been quite a week. I've been up since 3:30 a.m. Wrapping gifts. I made Christmas pillowcases this year and stuffed them with gifts ( homemade and store bought).  I'm pooped!  Nap time, then breakfast for hubby's family. We leave this afternoon to have Christmas with my family. I can hardly wait to see my darling granddaughters!  

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 7:53 AM

Donna have a great time with the family and have a Merry Christmas. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,810
Dawn replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 8:30 AM

You have had quite the week!  Enjoy time w/your family!

Merry Christmas!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 9:02 AM

Donna, sounds like a busy happy time.  Merry Christmas.

Only Christmas shopping left is to get DH some stocking stuffings.   And maybe me some too, as I am the only one that actually puts something in a stocking.  We are going easy on gifts this year, what with the well pump going out, and a few other unexpected expenses.   I didn't get him socks as planned cause I found some great books at a used book store.  Me? I asked for body lotion.  But now want a wood splitter instead, and with an unexpected patronage return check from my orcharding days many years ago, we can afford to get that.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,575
Points 51,670
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 9:16 AM

Donna,  I agree, the log splitter sounds like the perfect gift, especially If you are heating with wood.  My son bought one for himself too as he heats with wood.  But now he is out of seasoned firewood due to the little neighbor boy next door whe kept taking his wood for bonfires this past summer and fall.  All of this without asking, of course.  Some neighbors just don't know how to respect someone elses property.  Their moto is " what is mine is mine, except for the chocolate liquor that I don't like, and what's yours is mine too"   LOL   He has 20 cords of unseasoned firewood, but can't use that this year.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 9:28 AM

What a great tale of family togetherness. Have a very Merry Christmas. Prayers going up for your sis.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 9:38 AM

Donna:
Yesterday I took my youngest sister a miniature tree with lights and mini ornaments. She's undergoing cancer treatment and will be in the hospital until after the 1st of the year. We'll be taking Christmas to her this year.

Donna, Give her a big hug and tell her to stay strong. She is very fortunate to have you. I'm sure your gift of a the miniature tree was greatly appreciated.

Donna:
She's been going through boxes and boxes of old photographs

Take advantage of this with your Aunt. There is a story of history with those photographs.  We tend to forget in this day and age to listen to the history our elders can pass on.

My Grandmother who past away five years ago at the age of 99, imparted to me things that she had never told anyone before.  I wrote them down and put them in the family Bible.  My mom and my Aunt were grateful for this in so many ways. 

Merry Christmas to you and yours Donna.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 10:16 AM

Ginny, I believe I would have a talk with those neighbors!!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:30 AM

Donna

It sounds like you have been very busy but it also sounds like a lot of fun with friends and family.  Have a very Merry Christmas.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use