Top 10 Posters

Merry Christmas hope you all got your gifts completed.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey Posted: Sun, Dec 23 2012 7:28 PM

I havent even worked on the gifts I was supposed to have done :( bummer for me.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 7:45 PM

Carey, Merry Christmas to you.   Don't feel bad I didn't get mine done either, but my daughters know how I am LOL

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,389
Points 46,850
Angele replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 8:12 PM

Carey and Leslie, I didn't get everything I wanted done.  I guess I should not make excuses, but life kinda got in the way.  Now one of my sons won't be here for Christmas.  The storm and the flu are keeping them home. At least he will be able to have his baby brother with them on Christmas Day.  As for us DS1 will be here.  I guess he will get all the hugs I would have given to the two of them will be all on him...llol merry Christmas to one and all. May the new year bring you happy thoughts and great quilting days..

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Well, it looks like I won't get everything done. Some people won't get their gifts. I always wait till the last minute but it looks like I'm not working better under pressure this year. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 9:32 PM

Merry Christmas.  I still need to make a kindle cover tomorrow.  I may get done...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,653
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:37 PM

Didn't get one thing done for Christmas," best laid plans"!  That is why Frances' plan to make gifts all year had me hooked but I don't know if "SS Christmas all year" group will work for me?  Will keep watching to see if it will.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,328
Points 241,687
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:54 PM

I say Merry Christmas to all too!  I got all that I was going to get done.  This year I did not make any quilts for Christmas gifts - we bought the kids some high dollar toys to play with - Brandon got a PS3 and Cassie got a Kitchen Aide mixer from us - then a few smaller things to go with them... the grands got tons of quilts this summer so we got them things that Mom and Dad and Santa couldn't afford to add on to their Christmas gifts and things that they wanted... Have you seen those Moster High Dolls - ugly ugly but she loves them...so we got her the ones that have cat names and the doll house to go with - to me - ugly is not a nice enough word...teehee...and lots of cars and trucks fro my grandson... they will have fun!  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,194
Points 15,975
Susan replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 3:28 PM

I did not finish my DD sm. throw and pillows and DH quilt as things just got so hectic around here. However, DDs is almost done so maybe for her B-day in January and DHs next year as its a Christmas quilt. Im going to start earlier this year!!!   Merry Christmas to all us procrastinators!  Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 3:29 PM

I am done with Christmas. The gifts, running in and out of stores, the crowds, the germs, the traffic, etc. I am sitting here, by the tree, just thinking of how the hype is better then the actual Holiday.

Our son is alone this year. He thought he was having to work today but, found out he does not. Meanwhile D(?)DIL went up to Ga, with her Moma and DSGD, so she could spend time with DSGD. Really? They only live two miles apart. I am so hurt that she would just take off and leave MY BOY all by himself. He said not to worry, it is just another day. Is it? Is that all Christmas is, now, to people? Just another day?? Can you tell that I am sad and mad and just over it?

Took a big wack at my finger with a very sharp bread knife about noon. Bled like a stuck pig. Thought we might have to go to the ER but, finally got the bleeding stopped. It bleed in the worst way.  So, it is better now, anyway.

Can't go to Church.  Still sick and it is very cold and damp. So, that is sad.

I don't know, right now, how I feel about the SS Christmas All Year, either. Maybe, I will get back my excitement for Christmas later and can do that. At least, we would be learning new things to add to our repetoire. So, hmmmm.....!

Hope I am the only grinch in the bunch.  Everyone have a really Merry Christmas. And, don't mind me.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,008
Points 28,310
Ramona replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 3:39 PM

All my shopping and wrapping is complete and cooking is almost done. Feels good to not have to stay up half the night tonight to finish up.

Merry Christmas to you!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 225
LeftyLou replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 9:22 PM

Merry Christmas Everyone!  I could not get my project done in time.  And of course it's holiday themed.  Hoping I get it done and ready for next year.  Sukochi, wishing you a happier Christmas Day than Eve.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 8:46 AM

Thanks, Lefty and Merry Christmas to you, also. We don't hear much from you.

Things are better today. I just might be on the mend from the Bronchitis. Intend to work in my sewing room today.  HAve to get that one block (yes, still working on it is starts and sprits) and get on to finish a special quilt for a speical little boy's first birthday, in Feb. Plenty fo time, if I stick too it. It is hard to get anything completed when you have no ablitly to stay focused.

All have a happy, happy day. The weatherman says SNOW in the morning. How could anyone be grumpy with that forecasst???

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 9:12 AM

No, Sukochi, you're not the only grinch in the group.   It's just another day of the year for DH and me.  It's the way we like it.  When the stores start decorating and putting out Christmas stuff before Labor Day.....by Dec. I've had enough of the crap.  It's just way too commercial and I'm just so over it all.  So, see, you're not the only one.  I love to give all year long and don't need a special holiday to do it. 

Diana in East Tn. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,128
Points 14,575
Dawn replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 9:32 AM

Merry Christmas everyone!  DH and I are going to his mom's for lunch.  Kids will all be here this weekend.  Can't wait!  I don't make things usually for Christmas, don't need the stress.  :-) 

Happy Birthday Jesus, thanks for coming to save us!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,273
Points 28,870
Agnes replied on Tue, Dec 25 2012 10:09 AM

Diana:
I love to give all year long and don't need a special holiday to do it. 

Dianne--I'm so with you. I don't need the commercial world to tell me what to do so I don't listen. I have spent the past two days, and will do so again today, watching Christmas choral programs on PBS.

I gave up long ago feeling that I must do something to conform to someone else's idea of who I should be. Of course, that does raise eyebrows and I get called non-conformist. a fair bit.  My answer always is "And loving it."

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use