Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 13,280
Carol from Pittsburgh Posted: Sun, Dec 23 2012 7:39 AM

I received the National Quilting Association magazine announcing the NQA show in June, 2013. Is anyone going? I'm thinking of attending, taking a couple classes, and definitely attending some of their free lectures.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 425
Points 9,200
Pamela replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 9:37 PM

Carol,

I've attended the NQA show for the last three years. I wasn't planning to attend this year, but I would encourage you to go. I really enjoy their show; not like the other national shows that award prize money. I had a quilt in the show last year and entered the SewBatik challenge the past two years. Anyone can enter a quilt - they accept the first 400. But, there are some fabulous quilts, along with several exhibits and lots of vendors.

I hope you go and enjoy the show.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Not me, but I bet it is fun.  

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 13,280

I was at the NQA show in 2011. That's when I ordered my longarm machine. It was a fabulous show. But now I'm deciding if I want to go to Columbus OH or to Lancaster PA. Since my daughter is getting married in May, I don't know if I can afford to go to either of them. She and her fiance are paying for the wedding but I'm going to have lots of fun buying bridal shower and wedding presents and lots of ingredients to make about a zillion cookies for the cookie table at the reception! But I'll probably go to one of the shows... it's hard to stay away.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 425
Points 9,200
Pamela replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 8:07 AM

Carol from Pittsburgh:
But I'll probably go to one of the shows... it's hard to stay away.

I would really like to go to NQA, but need to make choices about which shows to attend, too. AQS is in Michigan again this year, and I want to be able to take classes and attend lectures. I cannot afford to attend both shows and go on a retreat with my guild.

Plus, I really want to attend the show in Paducah, which I've never done. And, I need to save enough money, so that I can go in Spring 2014. It's really hard to stay home from the NQA show, but saving for a trip to Paducah is my motivation.

• Filed under:
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 8:39 AM

Oh I would love to go to that show...perhaps I can find a friend to share expenses.  I have a couple quilting friends here that just might be interested, will talk to them and see what happens.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use