Top 10 Posters

Sewing table idea

Page 4 of 8 (111 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 110 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 9:57 AM

Sukochi, the cabinet in the closet is actually 16 cubes put together. I got them from Michaels. They run about $40 a cube, buy who pays full price? I got all of them at least %50 off. They have to be put together, but that is very simple to do, I just the philips head bit on my cordless drill. Each cube took me 10 - 15 minutes. These cubes are on sale right now %50 off. They have some other matching orgainzer things too. Today is the last day of the sale where they are on sale for %50 off and you don't need a coupon. If you log onto Michaels website they are right on the main page.

Yes it is time to control the paper clutter in the office space again.

Happy quilting everyone.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:29 AM

Everyone who replied.

Thank you so much for your comments and new ideas for sewing room layouts. I am fortunate to live five minutes from JoAnn Fabrics headquarters and a huge store. I always have discounts to apply to anything that I want to purchase that is full price. For that reason, I don't purchase bulky stuff ahead of time. Batting for instance. I have one of each different kind and when I need something I can usually wait until the store opens and go there to get it. I also have two quilt shops within twenty minutes drive. So, I let them do a lot of the storage.

thanks again

Judy

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:38 AM

Judy, ou are very lucky indeed..

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 539
Points 8,510
Joyce replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 2:22 PM

Barbara I love it.  It shows what a busy lady you are.  You are making me itch to get back in my room of doom and get to my little sewing area.  I have so much stuff on my sewing table besides the machine.  I love your quilts in process you are making. 

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 539
Points 8,510
Joyce replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 2:32 PM

Denise You have a great space as well as the others I have seen today.  Lot's of ideals rolling in my head.  Thanks for sharing everyone.  Also I love looking at the quilts you are working on.

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 539
Points 8,510
Joyce replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 2:36 PM

Cadice what a great room you have.  Lots of windows and space.  Do you also have a long arm machine?  I have enjoyed so much seeing everyone's quilting rooms/spaces and now I'm going to give my mom her shower then see if I can fix or move something in my room. 

Joyce

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,040

Barbara, you must be my long lost sister because our sewing areas look very similar!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,040

How can anyone work in such organization?  Do you remember the movie remake of the Navy guy meets up with an old flame, they marry and have like 19 kids between the two of them?  She was a designer and the kids cleaned up her studio to be nice but she went ballistic because she couldn't find anything in the new organization!  That's me. Hahaha I just moved from one room to another and I'm off because I don't have all my piles started yet. LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 123
Points 2,200
Sherry replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:51 AM

you have the same design wall i have. my problem is, how to 'firm it up'. what did you do? looks like it isn't 'blowin' in the wind'.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 123
Points 2,200
Sherry replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:55 AM

frosted rulers would be one suggestion. change the light fixture to a 'school house' light fixture. that way your bulbs are covered by the fixture. and if it is large enough, you can put the energy effiecient bulbs in which give you more light.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,040

Ok, here's mine. I just moved from a sun room to the basement. Our heat bills are outrages for that sun room so we decided not to use it this year. I moved right in the middle of Christmas projects and still haven't recovered. I was too excited about RR3 to waste any time organizing. I also have a spare room upstairs for all my fabric so I really have two spaces. I use sheets to cover my machines and stuff because it is dusty down here. I complained about the light so my hubby bought 12 daylight bulbs. Now he complains that when i turn them all on (frequently) I'm using 1600 watts. LOL Cant have your cake and eat it too. My hubby likes me to be with him to watch TV and I told him I have a lot of "baggage" if he wants me in the same room. ROTFLMAO

View from my lounge chair. 

Hubby, must be "George's" brother. 

Notice the treadmill and Nordic ski machine behind the ironing board!

One of my spare bedrooms turned into fabric storage. 

And I won't even show you what is left in the sunroom!  HAHAHA!!!!

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,239
Points 239,682
Thea replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:48 AM

Grandma Sunshine - that looks so homey!  I love it!  I need to take a picture of what I have been reduced to having for my sewing space.  I had had 3 rooms in the front of our house to use - I was getting them organized and looking great - then Mom came to live... I lost 2 of the rooms - the big ones!  I got reduced to a room for my stash and then my sewing machine got put in the back livingroom - I have a corner back there...It is very crowded and I am always tripping over one thing or another... it used to be the corner that I would hang my outdoor plants in so I had a nice light system for them - so I do have good lighting - just have to cover everything so the fur babies can't get there fur and dirty paws on it all - so then I have to lift that - figure out where the things are that I need... I have put a lot of nails in the walls to hold my patterns, rulers and stuff like that but it is so disorganized... I have promised myself I will figure something out to make it better this year... as I know this is what I will be using for a while... My stash room is a disaster and truly needs a good straightening up - if I saw it everyday it would drive me nuts - as it is right now I go in there and distroy is more trying to find things and leave as quickly as I can... but again have promised myself to pull everything out of there and then organize it as I put it back... that will happen in February - already told DH we are doing this...teehee... 

I love your hubby in the chair - looks like my hubbies chair...teehee... and mine - lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,455
Points 116,535

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

Hubby, must be "George's" brother. 

Goodness Maggie, your hubby and my George MUST be related! Too funny. Is your hubby of Taylor descent by any chance???

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Sherry:

you have the same design wall i have. my problem is, how to 'firm it up'. what did you do?

I had the old original design that was very floppy. I added the Stabilizer Bar Kits 1 Pair-15" Bar $8.00+S&H $2.05 http://www.cherylannsdesignwall.com/parts.html and it made a HUGH difference in the stability. Hope this helps. Happy quilting.

Denise Smart

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:03 AM

Maggie , I think your right , I just have no storage in this old house .so I have no choice, I have fabric stuff everywhere .LOL   I do try to keep a organized chaos though ..LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Page 4 of 8 (111 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use