Sewing table idea

Page 3 of 8 (111 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 110 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Thanks to everybody for teaching me how to post pictures. Here is a picture of my winter set up with the sewing machine set down flush into a dining room table.

Here I am using a jig saw to cut the hole in the table to set the sewing machine in to.

Here is the sewing room in the summer set up when I am piecing.

Denise Smart

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 1:37 PM

Denise, when you reply to a post, there's a film strip in the bar, it's green and in the middle (above).  Click on that and a box will come up that says choose file, choose the pic you want and click insert.  For multiples just click on the film strip again and repeat the process as many times as you like.  Hope this works for you.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,428
Points 47,480
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:02 PM

Wow what beautiful sewing areas! Well, mine is about 8x10. I cleaned it up so that DS could sleep there... On a bed not on the floor. So a pict will come after Christmas.

so for now MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!   wishing you a wonderful 2013 Filled with love and quilts!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

When I moved into this house in 2001, I took the small BR for my sewing room, of course I out grew it almost immediately with the addition of the large cutting table, and the extra machines. When I bought my EM and the library table to place it on my room shrunk to about 4x4' floor space, to get my supply bins off the floor I did two very things important to my se. I had Michael go to Lowes and buy a pegboard, and four long white shelves, and two 4' shelves. The shelves are under the two cutting tables across the support legs, storage bins & other supplies are off the floor and UNDER these tables. DH built a frame on the 8’ wall and nailed the pegboard, this frame allows several types of pegs and supports to hook into that board. I have two shelves staggered at the top of the pegboard full of things that were otherwise taking up valuable table space. I am able to hang so much on that wall, just look at that picture; to me everything necessary to complete my crafts is there within arm’s reach. I am looking to add more shelves onto the hall wall above the large cutting table. I cannot use the space it’s cluttered with my GO equipment and accessories, a scrap bin and a serger on the end. Another pegboard or just a couple staggered shelves and wow I will get my big table back. I can put the pattern boxes, small project bins and some supplies that currently live under this table on the shelves to free up that space of my ever-growing scrap bins. It has taken 11 years working on this space of mine and I am nowhere complete.  Don’t you love the fact that we can help each other in organizing our space no matter the size or shape? My wish is to have more and better lighting, someone recommended track lights, and I may consider that addition.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Thanks so much for teaching me how to post pictures. I am a better quilter than I am with computers.

Denise Smart

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:38 PM

I'm glad to give you an idea. WOW I love your studio.

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:57 PM

Denise Smart:

Thanks so much for teaching me how to post pictures. I am a better quilter than I am with computers.

You also look like your darn good with a jig saw, what a wonderful idea you had.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:58 PM

Denise, I love your sewing room and how you have plenty of natural light not to mention the pleasure of looking out the window.

What brand/model of sewing machine are you using for quilting? I have 4 low priced machines but none with a large throat and have not tried to quilt anything yet. I do have several tops that I would like to machine quilt, right now I am just quilting by hand.

from TN

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Bev :

What brand/model of sewing machine are you using for quilting?

Hi Bev. I do my quilting on a Brother PC 210. It has 7 open inches of throat space. I am just finishing up my 20th twin size quilt. My favorite part is that the Brother sewing machine does not need to be oiled. It is making a squeaking sound now. I am guessing that is not a good sign.

Denise Smart

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 2:16 AM

Candis - I love your sewing space, lucky you. It is just missing a treadmill or stationary bike, maybe those are there, but hidden in the pictures :-)

I love seeing everyones sewing space, I am always looking for ideas for organizing all the stuff that comes with quilting and other crafts.

I am divorced, live alone, and bought a small three bedroom house three years ago with the purpose of having one dedicated to a sewing/craft room. This room is 12 x 14, and has been converted to a shared sewing and office space since I now started at home. I need a new desk/table for my workstation, really a cube at home would be lovely. I am pretty happy with my sewing stuff, it just had to be squeezed together to make room for the office. I love having my desk and sewing table right next to each other, I can share the great ergonomic chair work provided and sew while working. I am technical support for a call center for medical laboratory analyzers, yes there are still a few call centers in this country.

I can't flip up the flap on my sewing table anymore for cutting and support while quilting, so I do need to figure a better arrangement. All my fabric is in the two cabinets, but as you can see, needs some more organizing, and you can't see about four flat bins on the bottom shelves of both cabinets full of fabric. I need to get some more of the fabric organizers ordered. I have the ones from Polar Fleece.

So, attached are pictures of my space, sorry, I did not take the time to clean first. Also a picture of my furry friends who also need to be squeezed into the space, the middle one is my daughter's Puggle, Bella, she is going home the end of January.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 7:22 AM

Star, there is only one thing wrong in this picture. The office side is messier then the sewing side. You need to quilt more and work less! I love that cabinet in the closet. Whrer idi that come from? Wonderful and that sewing table/desk is so great. You are really very organized. Good job.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 7:32 AM

Star ,you have a great area there , I love the closet  what a nice bonus. I'll just bet all those babies help you with your work .LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 9:32 AM

Cute fur babies Star!

Millbury, MA

replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 9:45 AM

Star love your space, and those room mates!   

replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 9:50 AM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Star, there is only one thing wrong in this picture. The office side is messier then the sewing side. You need to quilt more and work less! I love that cabinet in the closet. Whrer idi that come from? Wonderful and that sewing table/desk is so great. You are really very organized. Good job.

Lol!   So true!

Page 3 of 8 (111 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use