Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma Posted: Thu, Dec 20 2012 1:57 PM

My daughter is at the Atlanta airport with her 3 young children- she bought tickets 3 months ago she is moving home to stay and does not have a house to go back to - they overbooked the flight and told her they had tickets for all but her 5 year old when she would not board without him they gave her 3 remaining tickets away. Please go to southwest FB page and if you twitter do that also and let them know that this wrong. AS of right now they have told her nothing about what they are going to do. Anyone in GA if you could let me know the number for the local news I would love to call. I have FB and twittered and my other daughter is calling Southwest we don't know what else to do. Thanks

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Ugh.  Just being in the airport with 3 young children is bad enough.  This sounds miserable.  Hopefully, they'll get her on the next flight.  They can't seriously expect her to leave her 5 y.o. behind, can they???  Good luck and I hope you get to see them soon!

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 565
Kinsey replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 2:38 PM

That is terrible. In what reality are they living in that a 5 year old should fly away from a mother? I'm getting to where I dislike all airlines for one reason or another lately :(

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,934
gini replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 2:50 PM

it's our only option for getting to branson.    flying these days is no longer fun.   i haven't been bumped in years, but there have been a lot of delays.   sam is flying in and out of branson at least once a month now and every other flight gets fouled up somehow.   but we find the same issues with other airlines.   the flights are all chock-a block full these days. i think if they don't get a full flight, now they combine flights. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

True gini, but it is wrong. When you pay for something it should be yours and they should be allowed to sell more than they can provide. I'm most angry because the person at the gate was so rude and said since she would not board without the 5 YO they were giving her other seats away. Now her luggage is on its way here and she does not know when they are going to get her a flight. If you sell something and then turn around and sell the same something again, you are in fact accepting money for something you cannot provide. The airlines have been doing this for years and it should be stopped. IMO it is fraud to sell something you cannot provide. Sorry, my rant was so long.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,139
Points 14,735
Dawn replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 3:00 PM

here is a FB page of an Atlanta TV station

https://www.facebook.com/wsbtv

praying for them!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,934
gini replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 3:07 PM

i agree, spud.  totally.   it is wrong, and i thought they had stopped doing it, but it seems not.  mostly what we run into is crews not getting there on time.  it is a weather sensitive game, too.  often weather in one  part of the country can cause schedules to get crammed up  clear on the other coast. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Thanks Dawn. There are coming tomorrow. Flying to Houston tonight and then to Seattle tomorrow AM. Spending night in the airport in Houston, what fun. Thank you for your prayers.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 3:11 PM

Spudgrandma:

My daughter is at the Atlanta airport with her 3 young children- she bought tickets 3 months ago she is moving home to stay and does not have a house to go back to - they overbooked the flight and told her they had tickets for all but her 5 year old when she would not board without him they gave her 3 remaining tickets away. Please go to southwest FB page and if you twitter do that also and let them know that this wrong. AS of right now they have told her nothing about what they are going to do. Anyone in GA if you could let me know the number for the local news I would love to call. I have FB and twittered and my other daughter is calling Southwest we don't know what else to do. Thanks

WsbTV  Phone number: 1-404-897-7000. Newstips:  newstips@wsbtv.com   

Hope this helps. If I weren't sick, I would go to the airport and stay with her. But, it is rainy and a 60 + mile drive.I hope you understand., Spud.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,545
Points 51,280
Ginny replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 3:16 PM

Oh Spud,  I am so sorry to hear of the lousy way your daughter and family were treated.  I hope they book her on the next flight to you at least.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,545
Points 51,280
Ginny replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 3:17 PM

Oh Spud,  I am so sorry to hear of the lousy way your daughter and family were treated.  I hope they book her on the next flight to you at least.     Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

gini:
 it is a weather sensitive game

That is true and I would be worried about them if it were a weather delay, but I would understand. And, I think the airlines get a bum wrap when there are weather problems, but this one was all on them.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
If I weren't sick, I would go to the airport and stay with her. But, it is rainy and a 60 + mile drive.I hope you understand., Spud.

Thanks Sukochi, I know you would. Just keep them in your prayers, God is in control, but sometimes I think I can help Him our :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Thanks Ginny!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

They just got them a flight to Houston arriving at 10:30, then 6 AM in the morning they fly to Seattle and home here at noon...fingers crossed and prayers going up. They are spending the night in the airport tonight, Brandi said by the time they got them to a hotel it would be time to come back for the morning flight and they would have to go through security again and it was not worth it. Thanks for all your prayers, they will need them for the rest of this flight. My son and SIL will not make it tonight because of weather, they hope to be here tomorrow.

I go for my DR appt to get scan results tomorrow, so I have to find someone to watch daughter #2s kidos while she goes to pick up D#1 at the airport. Not room for them all as Brandi is bring more luggage than she would normally travel with. Grandma is a basket case. :)

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use