Top 10 Posters

Snow Scenes

Page 17 of 22 (326 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:49 PM

Jacy:
We have a very large snow shovel, here it is, with two operators!

Now that's cool.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:56 PM

Kris:
I think he just likes to play with the Wovel.

That is a cool 'sno wovel'...wish they were available around here!  I'll have to look if they are available on the web.  My DH  buys our firewood split, and then re-splits it...because he says it fits better in our woodstove.  But, I think it is just because he likes to do it...LOL!  It's a guy thing!!!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:59 PM

Jacy:

Kris, I've never seen a snow shovel like that either. 

We have a very large snow shovel, here it is, with two operators!

I know this is only because you have a REALLY LONNNGGG road!  And aren't you the only ones on it?

We share our road with 5 other houses, and if we had that front-loader, it would be left to DH to do it all...and probably without any chipping in either!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 11:57 PM

Donna B:
That is a cool 'sno wovel'...wish they were available around here!  I'll have to look if they are available on the web

I put a link in my post but here it is again. Sno Wovel.

Donna B:
 My DH  buys our firewood split, and then re-splits it...because he says it fits better in our woodstove.  But, I think it is just because he likes to do it...LOL!  It's a guy thing!!!

Yes it is. LOL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,919
Points 41,040
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 12:43 AM

Love the sno scenes and that unique snow wovel .

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 5:41 AM

Snow coming late this evening and....black ice! Watch what you wish for!! Too late for me.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 2:58 PM

This is what it is doing at my house.   The snow started about 30 mins ago after raining all morning.  Now the temps will drop and we will have solid ice with a snow covering. 

Apollo is loving the snow.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 940

Sukochi, black ice reminds me of our time in Oklahoma.  Had lots of it!  I'm living in Northern Virginia now.  Sleet has arrived and temperature is dropping.  Hopefully, the power will stay on.  It often doesn't where we live.  We are snuggled in with a cup of hot tea.  Planning to quilt the rest of the evening. 

Jane in Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 3:38 PM

Nana:
This is what it is doing at my house.   The snow started about 30 mins ago after raining all morning.  Now the temps will drop and we will have solid ice with a snow covering. 

Wow Nana. Yikes. I hope you don't have to go out in that.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

I'll bet that Pancho isn't too thrilled with that snow.  Does he have a little snowsuit???? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 3:46 PM

Kris

Nope I can stay home.  The rest of the family has to be out in it.   It is raining again now but the temps are still dropping.   By morning we will have a solid sheet of ice and tree limbs will be dropping.   I would much rather have 2 ft of snow over the snow / ice mix that we usually get here.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 4:16 PM

Hi Gang,   I'm getting what I hope is my once a year snow to remind me why I left NY.  We've got about 2 inches of the white stuff right now and it's still snowing.  Heavy wet stuff....good snowman building snow. 

I've been trying to get some UFO's finished.  I've got 3 quilts ready to just hand sew bindings down.  One that needs binding made and sewn on.  One more that needs to be sandwiched and tied.    Saturday is my guild meeting and I've got one ready to take to be quilted by the long-armer who is a member.   That will just leave one quilt top left on the back of the door.  Looks like I'm making progress.

Well, off to have some supper.   Have a great day and everyone stay warm and dry.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 5:55 PM

Marge

Pancho has a heavy jacket with fleecey lining.   However I forgot to put it on him when he went out....bad mom.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 8:40 PM

Nana:
Kris

Nope I can stay home.  The rest of the family has to be out in it.   It is raining again now but the temps are still dropping.   By morning we will have a solid sheet of ice and tree limbs will be dropping.   I would much rather have 2 ft of snow over the snow / ice mix that we usually get here.

I have to agree on that. Not fun with the ice mixed in. Ours change over to rain last night but it's not as bad as yours sounds.

I tried to get the cats to go out on our deck (they love it in the summer) but they weren't interested. I bet Pancho is cute in his Jacket.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:58 AM

No snow here. Not one flake. The Atlanta Weather said, Ellijay is covered in snow, last ngiht. And, town probably was. But, while we live on a mountain, we are down in a holler and don't get the wrost weather, unles it is major. So, we are blessed. Have ice on the grass, porches, and such. Though it rained all yesterday, and into last night, the driveway is dry. Don't know about the roadways outside our little nieghborhood.

Nan said it was snowing up there last I heard from her. Can't wait for today's report.

Sukochi

Page 17 of 22 (326 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use