Top 10 Posters

Snow Scenes

Page 16 of 22 (326 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 11:55 AM

Here are a few more pictures from the Methow Valley for your enjoyment (no animals or planes in any of them):

This is the clearing across the valley from us, that we call the "pregnant lady"  (the big belly, get it?)

We had some wind the other night that left some nice sculpting on the snow.  Now I just need to figure out how to get this on fabric without spending a fortune on transfer sheets...LOL!

It has been in the single digits every night for the last week here, and this morning we woke up to heavy "hoar-frost" on everything:

Even things under-cover (on our front porch) were covered with frost...including our skis and ski poles:

Things are suppose to clear off and be sunny by afternoon here.  Hope you have a sunny day too!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 11:58 AM

Donna

More beautiful pics.  And I do believe I see Bigfoot hiking over the pregnant belly...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 12:01 PM

Nana:

Donna

More beautiful pics.  And I do believe I see Bigfoot hiking over the pregnant belly...LOL

Ha Ha!  But, on the other hand, you might be right!  Stranger things have been lurking around here at night lately...LOL.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,917
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 3:44 PM

More great photos Donna. 

We've been having wintry precipitation since around 5AM. It's supposed to continue until after 8PM. Here's the scene looking out the back door:

and from the front:

Here's DH shovelling our driveway:

Check out the s**w banks at the strip mall:

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 3:53 PM

Donna B. and Kris, I think these are beautiful pictures.

I take back everything I said about wanting snow. Think I just might pass!!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,379
Points 48,850
Ginny replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 4:42 PM

Kris:

Kris,  that is an intriquing looking snow "shovel"? that DH is using .  Must be a New England thing.   The wheel looks antique.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Donna - your picture of the snow sculpted by the wind reminds me of a ski slope with tracks made by the skiers.

I have enjoyed all the snow pictures.  Sometimes I miss having snow but not too often.  I like to have one nice snow each year to kinda remind me why I don't live up north any longer.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 5:56 PM

Ginny:

Kris:

Kris,  that is an intriquing looking snow "shovel"? that DH is using .  Must be a New England thing.   The wheel looks antique.   Ginny

Kris, I'm intrigued too!  Could you post a picture of the whole snow "shovel" so we can see all of it?  I don't think I've ever seen one like that.  How is it better than a regular snow shovel and what is the benefit of the wheel? 

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,917
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 6:17 PM

Ginny:

Donna B:
Kris, I'm intrigued too!  Could you post a picture of the whole snow "shovel" so we can see all of it?  I don't think I've ever seen one like that.  How is it better than a regular snow shovel and what is the benefit of the wheel?

He's using a "Sno Wovel". I bought it when we first moved here. It makes shovelling easier. Pat says it looks like something the Amish would use. Here's another photo:

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,917
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 6:17 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

LOL. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 6:48 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Donna B. and Kris, I think these are beautiful pictures.

You know Sukochi, there are all kinds of snow...  

I really hated the snow that usually falls in the Seattle area.  It's wet, heavy, yucky stuff that is tough for everyone to drive in and with the typical temps there during the winter it likely falls at about 28-30 degrees (just below freezing) thaws during the day (getting even yukkier) and then turns to ice over-night.

We may get lots of snow here, but it usually is pretty dry and light. And as our ground temps generally stay below freezing from early December through the end of February, there is not usually much thawing to create icy conditions.  If you live in a snow area like this, you are wise to plan ahead for the conditions that will inevitably be there.  We actually do very little shoveling...only about 20 feet of walkway along the side of our garage...that is not covered by a roof.  We have a plow service that comes to do our driveway and road if we have 6 inches or more over-night and that takes care of about all we need.  

We have only had two times (in ten years) when the conditions were really bad (one with ice and another with snow drifts) and beyond our control.  There was some inconvenience involved, but it is the price we pay to be able to live and play in our little corner of paradise.  (Besides, it isn't everywhere that you get to see coyotes pouncing on mice in their snow-tunnels or bobcats walking by your window!)

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,379
Points 48,850
Ginny replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 7:15 PM

Thank you, Kris for the full picture.  You're right, It does look like something the Amish would use or even I would use, if necessary.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,645
Points 61,920
Jacy replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:21 PM

Kris, I've never seen a snow shovel like that either. 

We have a very large snow shovel, here it is, with two operators!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:28 PM

Beautiful snow pics ladies.   It was in the low 70s here this past weekend and they are calling for snow tomorrow into Friday.   Have to love Virginia weather.  If you don't like it today just wait a few hours it will change.  Especially in the winter...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,917
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:48 PM

Donna B:
We actually do very little shoveling...only about 20 feet of walkway along the side of our garage...that is not covered by a roof.  We have a plow service that comes to do our driveway and road if we have 6 inches or more over-night and that takes care of about all we need.  

Same here Donna. We rent our home and all of the outside work is usually taken care of by the company that owns the house. Our regular guy hadn't come by the time I was ready for work so DH did the driveway. I think he just likes to play with the Wovel.

Page 16 of 22 (326 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use