Top 10 Posters

Snow Scenes

Page 15 of 22 (326 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 9:41 AM

It does look like one of those new fangled fighter jets. Donna, Jim sees it, too. Perhaps it is YOU who needs an eye exam, silly girl. And Nana, there is not clouds to speak of in the jet picture. And the jet is on the roof of the house. Look again, y'all.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 10:33 AM

Patti:

Donna B:

Here is the plane, actually looks more like a jet, like those dark stealth jets that sometimes fly so low over the Chiliwist.  But this one is white.  Looks like he is going to crash.

OK...now I see it....ROFLOL!  It was in the 4th picture and not a cloud!  Actually that is a clearing on the ridge across the valley from us (Virginia Ridge).  When the clearings fill with snow, they are much more prominent!  And, yes, now that you point it out...that one does look a little like a stealth jet!  I just looked at it live and...I don't think so much, but I can see how you thought that in the picture.

None of the pictures I took yesterday show it, but there is a clearing directly across valley from us that we call the "pregnant lady" that looks like a very large pregnant belly (somewhat).  You'll get a kick out of that one...and we have fun with it!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 11:21 AM

I looked at your jet with a magnifying glass. It is the roof of your 2nd story and lower roof below it.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 3:48 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

I looked at your jet with a magnifying glass. It is the roof of your 2nd story and lower roof below it.

We don't have a second story... only main floor and a basement.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Well our snow mostly melted today, problem is you drive 5 or 6 miles in any direction and the roads are awful and covered with snow and ice so I canceled my appt and we stayed home today.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:29 PM

Spud, Looking at your beautiful photo made me homesick, but reading your posts today made me realize why I dont live up North any longer. Plowing, Shoveling, scraping off car windows in the freezing cold, lets me appreciate our warmer mild winters here in No. Florida. In my younger days I enjoyed all the work  of the long winters but now Im spoiled .My DH is from Southern California and was stationed with the Navy in Maine where I met and married him in the mid 80s, he loved it and thought it was romantic. Had a 100 year old house wood stove, fireplace, more than 10 cords of wood he stacked in the "cellar" for heat. After 4 years of 10 months of cold he was kind of glad when he got stationed in S.C. However, it would be nice to spend the Summers there. I just never have gotten use to the hot, humid Summers here. I feel blessed to have been able to experience living in other parts of the Country. I have met many wonderful people and learned so much from all the different life styles.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Jacy, Where is your DH going to in Florida ? Yes it is going to be 80 here all next week, too. It will seem like Summer to him. Have him bring cooler clothes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Susan

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:40 PM

Nice sunset tonight.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 10:07 PM

Patti:

Nice sunset tonight.

We saw it too Patti...beautiful red clouds, but didn't take a picture.  Glad you did...  (I was busy making Black Bean Soup!)

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 7:18 AM

Beautiful sunset, Patti       Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 9:12 AM

Patti, That would make a beautiful quilt. I saw fabric on over the rainbow.com yesterday that would make a perfect quilt. Has the snow covered trees, sky that looks like that. Oh, my!!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Susan :
but reading your posts today made me realize why I dont live up North any longer.

LOL Susan... It really is not that bad where we live, I told my grandsons before they moved from GA not to expect snow because we don't get it very often. We have had single digit cold and snow pretty much since they arrived. So much for believing what grandma says LOL 

Susan :
However, it would be nice to spend the Summers there.

The problem with that is - where I live it gets very hot in the summer, upper 90 to 100s, and sometimes very cold in the winter, like this winter.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Georgeous Patti - I love the sunrises and sunsets here....yours really looks pretty with the snow  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 1:26 PM

Patti, thanks for sharing, it looks like a picture, such beauty!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 7:19 PM

Patti:
Nice sunset tonight.

Beautiful photo Patti.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 1:55 AM

WOW Patti and Donna just a beautiful picture .thanks for sharing with us. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 15 of 22 (326 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use