Top 10 Posters

Snow Scenes

Page 6 of 22 (326 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,504
Points 417,409
gini replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 11:37 PM

i love looking at everyone's snow pictures.

callie looks like she is having a great time

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,797
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 5:51 AM

MNnancy:
Is it unusual for you not to have snow in Maine in late December?

Very unusual. We thought we'd get a lot this year. Our first was before Halloween but only a couple inches. This week the most we had was less than an inch. It's been mixed with sleet and rain off and on.

I'm OK with this though. LOL

MNnancy:
I bought more material to sew a new one, but I didn't it get it done in time for snow.

I didn't realise you'd made it. That's awesome.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:39 AM

Sharing your beautiful pictures brings such joy to my heart.  I can enjoy the beauty safe and warm.

Now if I could just get a fire started in the wood burning stove.  Will pick up a couple logs later this am...that will give me a quick start and a welcome blaze!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 3:00 PM

Here is what we woke up to this morning...a real winter wonderland!  We now have about 2 feet of snow on the ground, its still snowing heavily, and we are waiting for our third road plow of the season.  Enjoy the snowy pictures...

Happy Holidays everyone...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 4:24 PM

WAAAAAA! I want SNOW!!!

You truely have a winter wonderland there, Donna. I love your cows. How many do you have?

Have a blessed Christmas!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 4:41 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

WAAAAAA! I want SNOW!!!

You truely have a winter wonderland there, Donna.

You don't want this snow.  2+ feet of very wet, very heavy snow.   The kind that you start to wonder how strong the roof is.  At least the snow is sliding off the house roof.  If we get another week like this one, I won't have to dig out the front walk way, where the snow comes off.  I'll just put up plywood (thick plywood) and we can walk underneath!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Ah - that's the way I like my snow ----- in pictures.  :o)  Well really I don't mind snow as ling as I can just stay home and enjoy it and not have to drive in it.  Snow and driving in Georgia just don't mix.  :o( 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:16 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

WAAAAAA! I want SNOW!!!

You truely have a winter wonderland there, Donna. I love your cows. How many do you have?

Have a blessed Christmas!

Cows???  What cows???  We don't have cows and I am really wondering what you are seeing in these pictures that you thought were cows!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:36 PM

Patti:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

WAAAAAA! I want SNOW!!!

You truely have a winter wonderland there, Donna.

You don't want this snow.  2+ feet of very wet, very heavy snow.   The kind that you start to wonder how strong the roof is.  At least the snow is sliding off the house roof.  If we get another week like this one, I won't have to dig out the front walk way, where the snow comes off.  I'll just put up plywood (thick plywood) and we can walk underneath!

Yes, this really has been a snowy week for us!  Over 2+ feet of snow in less than 7 days...WOW!!!  That doesn't happen often, even around here.  

I did my share of shoveling this morning...  DH had a little "mishap"...wasn't paying attention and with the "flat light" (everything shades of white & grey with very little definition), drove off the side of our driveway into the soft snow and got very stuck.  We dug and worked for about an hour and decided we were going to have to wait for Mr. Plow-guy to pull the car out.  So, no XC skiing for us today!  Actually, the snow was not as wet and heavy here as Patti is describing.  We are closer to the mountains than she is so that may explain why.  But that can change!  Our house was built to hold 200# of snow load per square foot on the roof ...so we are pretty safe.  We've had over 3 feet on the roof without any problem.   It's hard to ski in 2 feet of fresh snow, so I am ready to say uncle and let this settle down for awhile.  An inch or two a day is perfect for me...freshens things up, making everything beautiful and is a joy to be out in!

And, I am still trying to figure out what in those two pictures Sukochi thought were cows!  

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:22 PM

Donna B:
I did my share of shoveling this morning...

Be careful shoveling with your back!  Good to see you have lots of firewood stacked. Don't you wish the annual allotment of moisture would come more evenly throughout the year?  

Cows?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:56 PM

MNnancy:
Be careful shoveling with your back!

Two weeks ago, we spent about 15 minutes practicing with the senior group on how to safely shovel snow without hurting your back...so I do know how to do it properly...lol!  And, I was very careful also!!!

So you don't see any cows either...hmmmmm... or should I saw moooooo.....

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 11:02 PM

Hope all of you "Snow Angels" stay safe and warm without too much trouble from Mother Nature.  I love seeing the pictures you all are posting. Almost makes me wish....no never mind ....I will just enjoy the snow pictures until we get our first snow here.  Even though I no longer have to get out in it for work, I still feel for those that do and wish you all safe travels.

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,504
Points 417,409
gini replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 12:54 AM

oh good. no cows, i thought i wasn't seeing things.  sukochi, what kind of drugs do they have you on?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 5:50 AM

Donna B:

Cows???  What cows???  We don't have cows and I am really wondering what you are seeing in these pictures that you thought were cows!

I was thinking the same thing Donna, I kept looking and couldn't find any.  Glad you cleared that up for me LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 8:05 AM

Thanks everyone for all the great snow pictures, We still have alittle on the ground but not much . but that's okay . I 'm happy with what we had.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 6 of 22 (326 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use