Top 10 Posters

Snow Scenes

Page 5 of 22 (326 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

So cute Jacy, I bet they had snow down their necks up their sleeves and in their boots. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 8:15 AM

Thanks for the great pictures Jacy and Gini, we did get a couple of inches here in good ole Missouri ,but nothing like what you have. We did have some awful winds for about  24 hours .I was sure gald when they finally let up .. Angel loved the snow and she kept palying in it and looked like a little wet fur ball . she'd was right out in the middle of it having a blast..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 8:45 AM

Stayed home to quilt yesterday during our "blizzard".  Didn't seem as bad as they warned but I didn't mind staying home.  Here is a shot from my back window and the second one is from a friend's farm in Iowa.  Love that picture.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 8:56 AM

What a beautiful farm scene, I agree with you there, Jeanine. Your place looks just as beautiful. Is that a lake you live on. Looks so pretty in the snow. We have old temps but no white stuff. Can't wait to see what Lilyu thinks of snow.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:05 AM

Jeanine,beautiful pictures

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:09 AM

Jeanine:

Stayed home to quilt yesterday during our "blizzard".  Didn't seem as bad as they warned but I didn't mind staying home.  Here is a shot from my back window and the second one is from a friend's farm in Iowa.  Love that picture.

We live on a golf course and this is the largest lake.  There are a couple other smaller ones in the sub division.  It is pretty.  If you look closely, you can see the dome to the Omaha Zoo in the horizon and to the right the awesome Omaha skyline...LOL.  We live about a mile from the Missouri River on the border between Iowa and Nebraska...on the Iowa side of course...Go Hawkeyes!  :-)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:13 AM

I had just some flurries, here in Ava, but the wind was terrible.  I woke up yesterday with no power, it was wide spread my DD lives 9 miles from me she lost power also.   they got it all back on around 10 am. Boy was I glad, couldn't figure out what to do that didn't take electricity, so I had to clean house   YUCK LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,749
Points 38,825
ls2116 replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:23 AM

I have flurries now but its just a dusting because our temp is 38.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 1:16 PM

Our daily dog walk was a bit more fun today since the sun was shining and none of the neighbor dogs tagged along to trip us up.  We generally walk 2 1/2 miles each day. Calley has a great time exploring out ahead of us, and then we whistle for her and she comes flying back to check in.  

This is repeated over and over, so I'm sure she puts on at least 3 times the distance we do.  

We have several trails winding through the woods, and then one trail that goes down to a large frozen beaver pond.  

The trees in and around the pond have been dead for years, so the beavers caused this area to flood out some time ago.  Surprisingly, we've never noticed any trapping activity down there, so not many people must know about it.

When Calley is good and tired, then we can go back home.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 1:21 PM

gini:

someone shook up the snow globe last night and they are still shaking it. 

Randy laughed when I showed him this, Gini.  The scene looks a little different than we remember it.  When we get a snow build up on the bird bath, we refer to it as baking a cake or souffle - looks like yours is rising nicely!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 145

From Houston where the high for the day is 62 degrees, it is so nice to see it look like Christmas somewhere!!!  Having lived in Chicago for 5 years, I know this scene isn't always fun, but is sure is beautiful to look at, especially at Christmas time.  Looks like fine sewing weather to me!

Merry Christmas one and all!

L

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:03 PM

Oh, MnNancy, the pictures and Cally are beautiful. I want snow like that!! Maybe, if I ask Santa, he will bring me some....

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,812
Points 365,772
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:57 PM

MNnancy:
Calley has a great time exploring out ahead of us, and then we whistle for her and she comes flying back to check in.

Beautiful photos Nancy. Calley is a beautiful dog. Love the jacket she's wearing.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,812
Points 365,772
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 8:07 PM

Jeanine:
Here is a shot from my back window and the second one is from a friend's farm in Iowa. 

Thanks for sharing Jeannine. I love the view from your back window.

Our storm was of the rainy variety. We had 60mph wind gusts. The lights flickered a lot but we didn't lose power. My schedule was full tonight even with the storm.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:14 PM

Kris:
Love the jacket she's wearing.

Thanks, Kris. On its third winter, her jacket is getting a little ragged.  I bought more material to sew a new one, but I didn't it get it done in time for snow.  With all the ticks we have in the warm weather months, we love Calley's short fur so we can see them and pull them off, but that short hair certainly doesn't give her much protection in the winter.  Then, too, because she looks so much like a small deer when she's running through the woods, the blaze orange lets hunters know she's ours.

Is it unusual for you not to have snow in Maine in late December?

• | Post Points: 35
Page 5 of 22 (326 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use