Snow Scenes

Page 2 of 22 (326 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Patti, absolutely glorious! We FINALLY have snow in our forecast and I can hardly wait!!!!!!! The storm moving in from the west should bless us with some of the white stuff. Yea!!!!!!! I love snow!

MelodyP

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

As much as I like the pictures of the snow, I really hope that my Son and SIL make it home before it snows anywhere on the route they are taking. They are bringing my daughter's furniture home.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 11,545
Bev replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 11:43 AM

Sukochi, bite your tongue!    Just enjoy the pictures and pretend you are walking in the snow.  lol

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 11,545
Bev replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 11:46 AM

Spudgrandma:

As much as I like the pictures of the snow, I really hope that my Son and SIL make it home before it snows anywhere on the route they are taking. They are bringing my daughter's furniture home.

I hope so too! Are they on the road now? If not just say when and we will all send up prayers for their safe trip without hazards!

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 11:47 AM

Sorry, BEv. that won't work. Lived in Northeastern Nevada for 18 years. I MISS my snow!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 11,545
Bev replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 11:54 AM

Patti, I love the pictures and that is a beautiful sunrise, especially since I don't get up early enough to see the sun come up.

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Bev :
I hope so too! Are they on the road now? If not just say when and we will all send up prayers for their safe trip without hazards!

Thank You Bev, they are on the road. They hope to make Albuquerque tonight, so they are getting into the part of the trip where they could run into bad weather. Your prayers would be much appreciated. (((HUGS)))

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 11,545
Bev replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 12:01 PM

Donna B:

Joni, you asked for snow pic's so here you go!  This was last Sunday BEFORE we had our first big snow-storm with 10 more inches:

L to R:  DH, me and DF... all cross-country skiers.  We are not the fastest, but we do have fun!

(We are expecting another 8-10 inches  tomorrow! )

Donna, I love that picture and what a great way to get exercise and enjoy the "snow". I always thought that I would like cross country but that was when I was younger. Is it true that it is more strenuous than downhill skiing?

from TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Bev :
Is it true that it is more strenuous than downhill skiing?

I'm not Donna, but yes it is much harder - way more work. Downhill is gravity for the most part  (works way better for some of us than others lol), but cross-country requires your power to get you there.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 12:22 PM

Patti--Thank you for those wonderful pictures!  Wow! If we had sunrises like that here I'd almost be tempted to get up for them...or stay up and then go to bed!  

Donna--so glad you live where you can enjoy cross country skiing. It looks like you are having such a good time!

If any of you folks have any extra snow or rain you don't need, PLEASE send it to Kansas!  We are so dry...more than 13 inches behind normal.  The weatherman says we will get some moisture starting Wednesday night...but he has lied before.

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 12:29 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Patti, How beautiful. You are so lucky. I wish we got more snow in North Georgia.

Yesterday, I was thinking how nice it would be to live in a place that doesn't get snow.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 12:37 PM

Patti:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Patti, How beautiful. You are so lucky. I wish we got more snow in North Georgia.

Yesterday, I was thinking how nice it would be to live in a place that doesn't get snow.

Patti, you would not really like it here. It is just all brown and dull outside. No white stuff to soften the edges and make it pretty. We get cold though.

Now, when we lived in Orlando, We had Christmas lights on palm trees. It just freaked me out. Too weird. there was one guy who put lights on a vintage  Vette! And, swimming on New Years Eve, to me, is down right strange!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 1:00 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Patti:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Patti, you would not really like it here. It is just all brown and dull outside. No white stuff to soften the edges and make it pretty. We get cold though.

Now, when we lived in Orlando, We had Christmas lights on palm trees. It just freaked me out. Too weird. there was one guy who put lights on a vintage  Vette! And, swimming on New Years Eve, to me, is down right strange!

After living in New England for 45 years I am thrilled to be living in southwest Texas!  I've only had to wear a coat a handfull of times so far this winter and there are flip flops on my feet today!   Brown and dull is nice! :o)   And my last electric bill was under $50 for the first time in a very long time!!!  Come on down, Patti, the weather's fine!!  :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 2:21 PM

There are Santa Babies and Snow Babies. I have changed my coat. Now, it is a Snow Parka. My Santa coat is in the closet till next year. Flip Flops go on in May!. 

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,518
Points 50,900
Ginny replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 2:58 PM

Glorious sunrise pictures, Patti       Ginny

Page 2 of 22 (326 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use