What does yours look like?

Page 2 of 12 (167 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 166 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

All your trees look great. I will not be putting a tree up this year. I have one son teaching in Thailand and the other son  out of state. My daughter and her husband will be out of town so we will be alone this year. I'm having a terrible time this year with all my children gone. I do hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 5:27 PM

We stopped decorating for Christmas several years ago.  I get out the Christmas quilts and table runners. Too many other things to do this time of year but appreciate other people's decorations!  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 13,280

Here's my tree this year. All the balls are just the styrofoam ones that are covered with ribbon. They're the only kind that survive the antics of mischievious cats! I know the original request was for Christmas tree photos, but I'm including my fireplace, too. The ribbon tree, mantle scarf and stockings are handmade. I also made the treetop angel. She's been around a lot of years.

Hope more people post photos of their Christmas decorations-- it's fun to see what everyone else has!

Merry Christmas!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,170
ls2116 replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 6:04 PM

Here is a glimpse of mine.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Frances, Beautiful! You are such a Trooper carrying on with Christmas plans. Happy Christmas!

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 6:37 PM

This is the extent of my decorations.  I also put a single candle in each of my windows.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 6:45 PM

All of your decorations are very nice.  I love pretty towels so this is in my bathroom.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 6:51 PM

Marie:

This is the extent of my decorations.  I also put a single candle in each of my windows.

If you look closely, the lights that came attached with the tree no longer work, I had to add the white strings cause that's all I had in my stash, will get green strings for next year.  It's very pretty in person, not here.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:01 PM

Marie, I love your decorations, Every year my Gd and GS spend the night with me Thankgiving night and they make decorations and decorate my tree for me, they have the best time and they think the tree is beautiful and so do I.  Now my daughters, think it is horrible LOL       , their trees have to be perfect.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:17 PM

Thanks Leslie, when my kids were little they had the job of decorating the tree after dad set it up and strung the lights.  All the decorations ended up on the bottom of the tree in their early years and we never moved an ornament.  As they grew older, a little at a time, the middle of the tree got decorated and then the top eventually.  The rule was that the youngest child, that year, got to hang the angel, then they took turns when the babies stopped coming.  Our tree always looked beautiful, from the very first to the last when the kids moved on.  The first year I decorated alone I matched everything and it was a perfect tree.  YUCK, it was the ugliest tree I had ever had.  None after that was pretty because the kids were off on their own and it wasn't the same.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 700
Points 11,525
Bev replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:20 PM

Melissa, you are not alone. You are in a great big boat full of other people who won't have family near enough to visit for whatever reason. My Son and DIL are spending Christmas with her family so it will just be me and my husband at home. I do expect a phone call though so hope you get calls as well. I put up a tree just for me to enjoy since I had not used my tree for years.  I had thought about not putting one up because there was no reason to other than I wanted one this year. 

Wish you a Merry Christmas

from TN

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,170
ls2116 replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:32 PM

Your towels are beautiful Marie.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,170
ls2116 replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:36 PM

Also no matter who shows up and who doesn't were all QCA family and we'll have a great time .

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:36 PM

Thank you Is, I love pretty towels in the bathroom.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,450
Points 40,740
Mimi replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 11:09 PM

Melissa Halpain:
will not be putting a tree up this year.

Melissa, I feel you sadness.  I too have a hard time with the kids all grown and gone.  We don't put up a tree anymore either.  And with getting ready for a kitchen remodel, it's probably better that we don't.  But I send you my Christmas hugs.  You have a very Merry Christmas.

Page 2 of 12 (167 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use