Top 10 Posters

Newbie here and slow at getting on here...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 150
mmggs Posted: Fri, Dec 14 2012 8:52 PM

Hello everyone! I'm Mary and I joined in October or November can't remember exactly. So much has gone on since joining. My husband of 5 years was in a major accident on his way to work at 4am November 21. The fog was unbelievably thick and he tried to stop too late for the intersection at a three way stop. He hit the ditch two posts a street sign and finally a tree. Broke his back without paralysis and his heel. I have been with him at the hospital and caring for him here at home. He has had two surgeries, one for his back and one for his foot. He has another foot surgery coming up this Monday. 

Needless to say I haven't looked at a sewing/quilting machine. I do know I signed up for the mystery quilt 7 and got the first three blocks since I was behind in starting. I haven't received the 4th block yet. Does anyone know when they were or if they were sent out yet? 

Idont have the time at the moment but don't want to miss out on the blocks. 

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome, please. 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 9:12 PM

Welcome Mary.   I am sorry to hear that your husband is having such a hard time.  I will place him in my prayers for a quick recovery.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,139
gini replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 12:07 AM

hi mary welcome to the group.  i'm sorry to hear about your husband.   you may have this group confused with someone else.   we had a mystery quilt #7, but no blocks were sent out.  just the instructions. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 12:13 AM

Mary,

welcome. So sorry your DH had such a terrible accident but glad he's on the mend.

You can find the MQ7 instructions HERE.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 4:30 AM

Mary, welcome to the site

Sorry to hear about your husband, hope he makes a full recovery

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 5:37 AM

Mary ,welcome to the club,  sorry to hear about your hubby ,hope he will gets better soon.  The site has been terrible slow for quite a while now ,we are suppose to be getting a new server at the end of the month ,So we are hoping this will take care of the problems , so hang in there .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Mary, I am so sorry to hear about you hubby and hope that he is on the road to recovery and that his upcoming surgery goes well.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use