Top 10 Posters

Have you heard about the school shooting in Conn.

Page 1 of 5 (61 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 60 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Fri, Dec 14 2012 11:31 AM

Awful news ,the ahas been a shooting at another school this one elementary school  in Conn.so far one student and the gunman have perished. CNN is covering and  its is just awful  the school is still in lockdown. I also just heard 2 others have been killed,The principal and the school psychologist . They say there are more.  this is terrible .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 11:41 AM

Oh now I'm hearing at least 12 people have been killed, not sure who, it has not been confirmed . This is going to be a terrible mess.My thoughts and prayers go out to these children and their familes .I don't understand how people can do this to each other ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 11:53 AM

Barbara, watching the news also. This makes me sick. What is this world coming to?

In the Atlant area, can't remember which County, a man just went off his rocker yesterday. He threw all of the ocntents of his out out to the street, and started shooting. A police officer responed and this man shot the officer through the widown of the squad car. His partner then shot the man.

We talked, in Bible Study yesterday a.m,. about the shooting in the Mall a few days ago. Do you just put your fath in God, that you would not be shot if you found yourself in this situation, or, would you just stay home and hide? I have a fear of being involved in a major crime, as a victum. I am really not sure, even as a Christain, what I would do.  Because I KNOW this will happen to me, what can I do? I guess, if this is my fate, it comes from God and he will provail. I will go to heaven so, is there really anything to fear? For those who are paranoid, I think, it will cause many to just not leave their house.  Thankfully, I livein a very small town. But, who is to say, one of our citizen's won't flip out and start shooting. Also, are these people who want to commit suicide but a cowards and can not do it themselves? And, are turning to officer assisted suicide? Though, anyone who even contemplates suicide is a coward.

Oh, no. Now they say 27 have been shot.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 11:54 AM

OMG now they are saying that 27 people have been  killed which makes this the worst event involving  schools .and now there were two shooters.One has been captured. Ih this is just terrible .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 12:04 PM

What does this do to the children who are in that school but who have lived through this? These chlldren will be emotionally damaged. Please pray for these children and all involved.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,651
Points 37,330
ls2116 replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 12:13 PM

I haven't turned on tv yet. those loved ones i'm praying for everyone

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 1:21 PM

Barbara

This is absolutely horrible.  I haven't had the tv on yet today so hadn't seen this.  It is so sad what people will do to others but it is especially horrible when it involves children.  Praying for all involved.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 870
Sheila H replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 1:52 PM

What kind of animal walks into an elementary school and open fire, dear God our society is going downhill quickly! They said he fired over 100 rounds at those kids and the current total is 30 dead the majority of which are the children.

The parents got notified by an automated call from the school with a message of "parents of  (child) there has been a shooting at the school please come immediately" who the heck thinks of even putting that on as an automated call?? 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,239
Points 239,652
Thea replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 2:11 PM

they just ssaid that these were kindergarten children - I am shocked and horrified.  I called my DIL and asked her where my grand kids are and to give them a big big hug.  She is thinking now of home schooling my grand kids... There is one story about a 6 yr old little boy who saw the man come in - the man didn't say anything just started shooting the little boy grabbed some of his friends and ran out of the room  His Dad calls him a hero.  26 dead - 20 children.  

Oh My What is this country coming too - Ryan Lanza - Mom found dead in CT in her home, Mother worked at the school - Father dead in Hoboken NJ... 24 years old... has a 20 year old brother.... were reports of a 2nd person... not known who that is yet!  shooter died in the school.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,239
Points 239,652
Thea replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 2:40 PM

correction - Adam Lanza - 20 years old shot his Dad in NJ(Dad may still be alive - body in house not identified)- went to CT - shot his Mother - went to the school and shot the school children in her classroom - he is dead and his brother Ryan is in custody(helping out and cooperating with the FBI) - the guns belonged to the mother and the classroom was a kindergarten classroom

guns were a .223 assault rifle - why do they sell these at all???? and 2 hand guns - all registered to MOM

Why did he go to the school if he killed Mom at home???

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,239
Points 239,652
Thea replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 3:35 PM

I am in total shock - was talking to DH and DDIL about the schools and how they should have better security and they announced that this young man was buzzed in the front door with 3 guns - he went into the principals office and started shooting then into a kindergarten class room and started shooting... horrific...

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,651
Points 37,330
ls2116 replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:51 PM

I am totally at a loss for words. Ijust can't understand little babies ...  probably there will be alot more homeschooled that is what I told DH.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:30 PM

I heard they found the rifle while checking his car. And, don't know if it was used in the killings as I would have to have, at some point, returned it to his car. Problems is with all news agenecy trying to be 'first" will each detail. The whole things is a mess to figure out.

All I can think of are those poor children. All of them. The ones who died and they ones who had to have seen things as they left school. I know they told them to close their eyes but, you know, some of them couldn't resist seeing what the adults didn't want them to see. I can't imagine how horrific it would be to be a parents who sent their little child to school only to find out later that the child was dead, but they could not even see him/her until the crime scene had been investigated and the little body was available for viewing.

If you will excuse me. I am going to go throw up...again.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 565
Kinsey replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:37 PM

I had been considering over the past few months, allowing my children to go to a private school next year. However, this further enforced why I homeschool. Such a tragic happening and this kind of craziness seems to be happening more and more. It was only a few days ago that the Oregon mall had a shooting. :(

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 9:26 PM

Do you think home schooling will keep your kids safe? Sure, if you lock them in the house and never allow them out. If we stop living our lives as always, and are afraid to go any where, THEY win. WE lose.

Do not instill  fear in  your children. If you tell them that you will cotinue to home school because this happened, THEY will not feel safe, anywhere. You don't want that to happen.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 5 (61 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use