rated by 0 users
This post has 28 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:53 PM

Spudgrandma:
Or maybe end up with a huge mess. I wonder what would happen if that toothbrush caught a thread that was still connected, hmmmmm :)

i can see the quilt caught in the toothbrush spinning over your head as you try to  find the off switch. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:54 PM

hi marlon, welcome to the gorup

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 2:35 PM

Spudgrandma:
Or maybe end up with a huge mess. I wonder what would happen if that toothbrush caught a thread that was still connected, hmmmmm :)

Spud, are you thinking the way I'm thinking, a new way to frog?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Judy - One better -- take a toilet bowl brush ( I definitely recommend a new one :)  )and use it to pick up thread ends, etc. off of your carpet.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,467
Points 116,715

Beth Weigt:

Judy - One better -- take a toilet bowl brush ( I definitely recommend a new one :)  )and use it to pick up thread ends, etc. off of your carpet.

Beth, I had to laugh and am still snickering. When I first started reading your post I thought "Whoa, that poor quilt!"  But, yes, on carpet could work very well. I keep seeing this picture in my mind of you with toilet brush in hand and attacking the poor quilt. There is a cartoon there somewhere. I'll have to get George working on that.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Judy - There are times I've thought about beating my quilts !!! :)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:52 PM

That's great Judy!  Neat idea!

And Marie, he probably wouldn't notice too much and if he did, just tell him those little threads in there must be left over dental floss out of his teeth.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:07 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Spudgrandma:
Great idea Judy! I would probably have to remember not to turn mine on :

Oh, Spud, that's funny. I'm visualizing you with the buzzing toothbrush de-threading a quilt.

That reminds me of a trip it took with friends a couple of years ago.  My husband couldnt be with us at the begining, he came later so I travelled down with another couple.  the wife listened and asked what that buzzing noise was.  He said, quickly 'ï don't hear anything" so we knew he heard it as well.  We listened and I finally dug around in my luggage on the seat beside me and found my toothbrush had turned itself on.  We bugged him for miles about what exactly he thought he was hearing.  He blushed from his neck to his eyebrows. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:25 AM

Vivan ,cute story . that would have been funny to see him blush ..LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

gini:
i can see the quilt caught in the toothbrush spinning over your head as you try to  find the off switch. 

Oh gini, that could so happen to me LOL. I was a klutz before and even worse now...It is quite a mental picture though :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Marie:
Spud, are you thinking the way I'm thinking, a new way to frog?

I think so, but new is not always good :)  And I'm thinking the mess is a given LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Vivian :
Oh, Spud, that's funny. I'm visualizing you with the buzzing toothbrush de-threading a quilt.

Not such a pretty site Vivian. I wonder how much torque one of those toothbrushes has LOL Love your story, you made a grown man blush...shame on you. :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 9:46 PM

OMG ladies  I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.  I see twirling quilts with toothbrush and toilet brush attached.

Oh Vivian that is too funny.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 340
Rita replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 4:43 PM

Wow! The toothbrush is a Great idea!  I usually use a lint roller but it doesn't remove all the imbedded threads.  I use it on the carpet too to clean up threads and small fabric clippings.  A Swiffer works great on a bare floor.

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use