rated by 0 users
This post has 33 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar Posted: Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:11 PM

Hello all,

I know that there are a lot of faith filled members in this group. I am asking for anyone so inclined to say a prayer for my granddaughter Jana. Jana is 10 and a fellow quilter. She needs to have a spinal fusion on Wednesday, Her L5 disc is slipping off the one under it. Apparently this is cause by a birth defect that only showed up because of a growth spurt. She has a 4-5 hour surgery ahead of her on 12/12. Six weeks off school, 4-6 months in a back brace. The good thing is they are confident this will be successful. So I would appreciate any prayers for her, the surgery and her recovery. Thanks everyone

Darlene (aka dardar)

• | Post Points: 215
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:16 PM

Darlene, My T&P are with your GD, and you and your family.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:22 PM

Darlene, what a terrible time of year for a child to face this. I will certianly pray for her daily. If you would friend me, and pm me your address I would love to send her a card, and something small of Christmas. With your permission, of course.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:24 PM

Darlene ,I will keep your DGD in my thoughts and prayers . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 175,008
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:28 PM

Darlene, you have my thoughts and prayers for your dear granddaughter Jana and your family.  What a horrible thing she has to go through at such an early age.  God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

What a great idea Sukochi has, sending her cards will probably cheer her up.  If it's ok with you I will PM you as well for an address to send it.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,525
Points 50,995
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:31 PM

dardar:
. She needs to have a spinal fusion on Wednesday, Her L5 disc is slipping off the one under it. Apparently this is cause by a birth defect that only showed up because of a growth spurt. She has a 4-5 hour surgery ahead

Darlene,  Your granddaughter is now in my prayers.  I am confident that she will do well.   I had a spinal fusion 5 years ago and did well.  With her young age I am sure she will come through with flying colors.  But I know it is a worry to you.  You are in my prayers too.     Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:01 PM

dardar:
I am asking for anyone so inclined to say a prayer for my granddaughter Jana.

Darlene my thoughts and prayers are with your granddaughter that the Lord would sustain her strength, that her physicians and nurses be given skill and knowledge while dealing with Jana, and peace for your family as you deal with this situation.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:03 PM

Having been thru a cervical spinal fusion 5 years ago, I can understand what she is going thru and know it will not be easy.  One good thing in her favor is she's young and will heal faster than us old folks.  She'll soon be running and playing, time does go by fast.  In my prayers. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:39 PM

She's on my list.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:26 PM

Jana is on my prayer list Darlene.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

dardar:
I am asking for anyone so inclined to say a prayer for my granddaughter Jana.

Absolutely Darlene! (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:31 PM

Darlene

I will definitely have Jana in my prayers.   I just had a cervical fusion done and it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet and I feel better than I have in 2 yrs.   I do know that fusions done in someone that young are more detailed and involve a different recuperation period due to the growing process.  I hope that the surgery is successful and the recuperation uneventful.   God bless your whole family.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 241,972
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:38 PM

DarDar - I have said a very special prayer for her.  I lived in a back brace for almost a year when I was in the 2nd grade... my 2nd surgeries in my life that year - oh my - today she has so many things that she will be able to keep herself occupied with computers and e-readers - I remember that was the hardest part - not being able to 1) get comfortable...2) nothing to do for hours... Oh my heart goes out to this little girl and definitely many many prayers.  I am sure that the doctors know way more then they did when they operated on me so much more knowledgeable... whoo that brought back memories... I will also send her name into the temple so many people all over will be praying for her.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:56 PM

Darlene, there will be prayers for Jana tonight.  Withher family by her side, Jana will have the best support group via QCA.  

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,018
Points 28,465
Ramona replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 10:12 PM

Prayers for your granddaughter.

Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use