Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 265
Stitchin Stella Posted: Sun, Dec 9 2012 6:06 AM

Good morning, i hope I am in the correct area to ask an off-topic question.   I am interested in the GO  machine and wold like some feedback from you if you have used it.  Thanks, Stella

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

I'm sorry I cannot help you with your quilt and go as I have never used one, but I did want to say Hi and it is nice to meet you. I have seen others talk about these, so I'm sure you will get an answer soon!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 265

Thanks !!  It's nice to meet you also.  I did read some of the feedback about the AccuQuilt Go.  It looks like it might be a winner.  Thanks Spudgrandma, Merry Christmas !

Stella

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:06 PM

I have one but haven't used it much.  I do like it for tumbler block quilts or other odd shapes but squares, rectangles and strips are easier to do with ruler and cutter.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:22 PM

I don't use mine much either. I have a hexagon die (three sizes) but as Jeanine said, rectangles and strips are easier with out it. The fabric shifts on the cutter when I use the strip die and there's a lot of static buildup on the cutting mats.

I suggest trying one, if you get the chance, before you buy.

• | Post Points: 5
replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 1:57 AM

Stitchin Stella:

Good morning, i hope I am in the correct area to ask an off-topic question.   I am interested in the GO  machine and wold like some feedback from you if you have used it.  Thanks, Stella

Hi Stella, Welcome. I have The Accu quilt Go. I love it. But Kris is right. Squares and strips and triangles are easier with rulers.  I love it for applique shapes. I also have the hexagon, tumbler, odd shapes like drunkards path. You can get more exact cuts, so your quilts go together easier.  I do like it a lot.  I found a web site that is having a great site on them and the dies if you are interested.  It Quilters-Warehouse.com.  You have to put the dash in there.  Also quilt in a day web site has some on sale. These are the lowest I have found. Take a look.   Hope you post back if you decide to get one, tell us how you like it. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 173
Points 2,235

I am Candace-and  I am new so sorry if I posted in the wrong place. I got my Accuquilt Go on Craigslist and I like it for quick quilts and applique. Jo-Ann's on their website has some on sale through this month, I believe. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:17 PM

Welcome Candy, enjoy your time here.  Hope you got a good deal on your AccuQuilt.

Millbury, MA

replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:45 PM

Marie:

Welcome Candy, enjoy your time here.  Hope you got a good deal on your AccuQuilt.

Heh Marie, Candy  is joining in the Round Robin also.  We will all be using those AccuQuilt.  Can't wait

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hi Stella, welcome to QCA. I too own the go, and I am one who does not use it much. Main reason being my space does not allow it to be set up all the time. My granddaughter Brittany has used it more than I for applique pieces. I purchased my set up with 12 die from eBay earlier this year, cost $225. For all the works including a travel case, such a deal I could not resist. My guess is we have a need to try new tools. The person I bought from obvious didn't use it at all, the die and mats were in new condition none of the mats had any marks on them. So now mine sits waiting for the need to set up and cut.. I agree you should go to a hobby or fabric shop and play on it before purchasing, and do shop eBay for great used prices. Even if the mats are well used, they are cheap to purchase. I have not used my square or strip die for the same reason stated; by the time, you cut the pieces to place onto the die, your cut to size. BTW there are tons of good videos to watch on you tube all levels of usage information. Visit and research is so much fun. Happy Shopping,

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 9:23 PM

Personally it is the greatest quilting tool created. I have had LASIK eye surgery and have one eye for close up and other for distance. When I started quilting , quickly found out I do not see straight!  My 8 yo grand daughter can use it easily and safely and uses it to cut strips for her quilts and binding. If those of you who say you have too much prep ..you are not doing something right. She can cut it and even ends up with very little waste. I like the shapes for appliqués. I own Go and at least 30 dies, my LQS has a free club where she cuts out and gives us free fabric to do the bolock of the month. She also honors accuquilt s sale prices and gives 10% off of that. Quilters warehouse is good prices but accuquilt has some dies only available online too. My only wish is that I had bought the studio model instead as it was on sale for only $100 more. DGD has charity where she gives quilts to needy kids and we really use it a lot. I find I design a lot of my quilts based on what dies I have. Dies are expensive but seem to last a long time. 

I highly recommend you get one,lots of places for a good price. Many quilt stores have them, so just ask to try it with some fabric you bring. Plus no more paying for precut s, ican do jelly rolls or charm packs in a jiffy. 

PM me if you have more uquestions.

Nan

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use