Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy Posted: Sat, Dec 8 2012 10:58 PM

I'm getting ready to mail a baby quilt to my nephew stationed in North Carolina.  I think I should insure the package, but I'm not sure how much.  A lot of the fabric came from my stash, so I no longer have the receipts, but I'll estimate there is $40+ in materials and my time, so is $75 a fair value?  If the package were to be lost, does the Post Office simply pay the insured amount, or do they require proof of value?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 11:04 PM

MNnancy:

I'm getting ready to mail a baby quilt to my nephew stationed in North Carolina.  I think I should insure the package, but I'm not sure how much.  A lot of the fabric came from my stash, so I no longer have the receipts, but I'll estimate there is $40+ in materials and my time, so is $75 a fair value?  If the package were to be lost, does the Post Office simply pay the insured amount, or do they require proof of value?

I have been told they require proof of the amount of fabric. I figure I have lots of receipts for fabric. So I can always come up with that.  Can't charge for the labor. We discussed this in the Round Robin when mailing the tops. This is what the gals found out.  Hope it helps.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 911
Points 17,245

If you go to USPS.com, click on Ship a Package, then on File an Insurance Claim, there is information about what is needed. Make sure you keep a note of the tracking number, too, so you'll know where the package is and when it's delivered.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:05 PM

there was a three part article in one of the quilt mags a year or so ago on shipping.   the only thing i remember is not to put on the  label it is a quilt that's a sure-fire way to get it stolen.  i wrote textiles on mine. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:42 AM

Thanks Gini ,I'll remember this as I ship out of states quilt alot . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use